xisto Community
tatati

Answers.com Popup

Does Xisto benefit from having this Answers.com thing popping up at random? Does it appear whenever it wants or am I doing some mouse gesture to bring it up? It's very annoying!!! aaaah!

The Answers.com popup appears when you double click any word. It then searches Answers.com for a definition or any other information. As far as I know, Xisto does not benefit from it being there. Rather, I think it is to help people, especially those who use English as a second language, get definitions for any words they are unsure on. I don't think it can be turned on or off on a per-user basis, so you will need to put up with it at the moment. At least now you know what causes it - double clicking!

Yes, as rvalkass told its a mouse getsture. Double clicking at some text will bring that answers.com popup. But that too appearing in my firefox only. Its not appearing in Opera, even though I allowed all popups. If you don't like it try Opera. :)

Yes, as rvalkass told its a mouse getsture. Double clicking at some text will bring that answers.com popup. But that too appearing in my firefox only. Its not appearing in Opera, even though I allowed all popups. If you don't like it try Opera. :)

Dammit, you beat me to it! I visited Xisto forums in Firefox a few times and I wondered why the popup appeared there buut not in Opera. I found the JS file for it in the source but I didn't found (or so do I think) any browser sniffing there.

I can see how other users who know the English language less can benefit from this, but Opera has this double-click on word included, and when you double-click on the word, you can search it on any engine you have installed into Opera, translate it in many languages, see the dictionary or encyclopedia entry for it so the guys from Answers.com knew this and they didn't have to implement it for this browser :)

Does Xisto benefit from having this Answers.com thing popping up at random? Does it appear whenever it wants or am I doing some mouse gesture to bring it up? It's very annoying!!! aaaah!

Just don't double click then. I think the answeres tips are very beneficial. Not only are you getting some valuable info through them, they can help you figure out some hard definitions to words. Stupid people, like myself, might not know what a specific word means, and it's easier to just be able tio click on it, then to have to open a new window and search for the definition that way.