xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
miladinoski

Have You Looked Yourself In The Mirror While Dreaming? ... and what did you see

Yeah, just like the title says, has it happened to have a mirror while you dream and to look at it. It has never happened to me, and it freaks me out 'cause I don't know what could I see if I look in it (if I ever dream of one).

I have fallen in a lucid dream at my own will before (though I am falling unintentionally much often) and I think that I'll try to do that when the next one occurs.

What do you think is my problem is now and how do I solve it (without searching please :))?

Spoiler below:

I found this while searching on the net: http://www.dreamsleep.net/mirror-dream.html

According to this I am facing an identity crysis (?) because I apparently don't know who I am and I am afraid that I might see someone elses face in it.

Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)

Hmmm...I don't know clearly, but as far as I remember that never happened to me in my dreams. But I had a different experience. I can see myself in my dreams as a third person. It happened to me many times. Most of my dreams are like that. :)

last night I had a crazy dream... lots of things happened but near the end, I was washing my hands and I looked in the mirror, and I was behind the me washing the hands so I had like an 3rd person omniciesent view like God like, astral projection... I looked in the mirror and analzed myself, and my hair was darker, I seemed to look different but the same,. The corner of the mirror was going black.. I was shocked and horrified, I ran upstairs and cried in my dads arms... And he asked me why I was so obsessed with death, I thought I was going to die, I literally said I was going to die... I was screaming and crying...

before this happend I discovered some kind of boil on my breast in my dream? I thought it was cancerous... I tried going to a doctor but I only went to court for my behviour in my dream... Really weird dream though...  

ive been researching about mirrors and dreaming and its scary. It was a messed up dream but kindof a dramatic night so... Had a couple drinks...

I saw a rainbow too in my dream... Thats from my deceased grandpa.. Its his symbol.

thanks for listening

alayna

When I dream I am always looking in as a third person, Like I am watching myself and controlling myself in some way, But I have also been able to control my dreams since I was a little kid. I could go to sleep and know what I was gonna dream about. And I could comtinue my dream from night to night. My favorite as a kid was going to the Barnum and Bailey Circus with my Dad. And like I said I could continue the dream from one night to the next right from where I left off. It is like it was just there waiting for me to come back. Kinda strange but I have gotten used to it. I dont do it as much now being an adult But I still can if I want, I have tried it not lone ago.

In my life I have been taut that mirror's are path ways. Some go to the soul wile other open new paths to other places. I Have seen them in my dreams and found that depending on what you see is what important to you life path. If all you see is you then The door way is to your soul and that even if you don't know it your at across roads in your life and having to decide somethign that will change your life in a major way.If there are other thing in the image, take note of them as they will guide you to something new or some one who need your help.When mirror turn blue then there is someone trying to call out to you , alot of time it a person who has passed on that you know or some one who really needs you. There tons of other thing in mirror dreaming that meen thing but thous are the most common one. IF you see your self on a brideg , you will be moving or wish to move on from where you are.

yes. i have looked in the mirror while dreaming. i remember that dream vividly because when i was looking in the mirror while combing my hair, i realized i was dreaming and i got kinda excited. after that though, everything turned to black and i woke up

Wow Happyhippie, that's almost like a super power!I don't even remember the dreams I have. Probably because I'm such a heavy sleeper.I only remember vague snatches of the things I was dreaming about if I someone wakes me up while I'm still dreaming.And I'm not sure if any deja vu I experience isn't just a dream I had sometime. If that is so, I guess my dreams do come true! :)

This sounds interesting, I mean I never thought of that..., You never know what you can actually see. I fall in lucid dreams too, once in a while. All I can say is that you gave me a good idea. LOL... Well as an advice, don't try anything if you feel scared of what you might seen. Because your mind might play tricks on you and ending up having a bad dream. And dreams, though they're only part of our imagination, can be a pain if they get evil. Wait until your next lucid dream and give it a try. And tell your story if you make it. Good luck and don't get too anxious =)

Edited by Polipop (see edit history)

I looked into the mirror a lot of times and i sometimes see different things but usualy its me but older, and i always seem to happen a beard and a blue glow around menothing scary just intriguing!

almost all my dreams are dealing with blood, something that is red, pain or war...... now i have looked in the mirror, but it wasn't umm, pretty to say the least of what i saw.... so i can't really give you any good dreams ideas....

ive not had a lucid dream for a few years i beleive, but i would say being a child i can just about remember a few dreams involving mirrors and they were not pleasant, not that i would say im horribly ugly or anything XD, but it was just real scary for some reason, i remember this one time although it was not a mirror, back in the day i had a small little tv the old style ones made of glass the sort you can see your reflection on when there switched off, and i saw some sort of disstorted demon face, i ran downstairs in a panic in this dream, then i started getting sucked back upstairs by the tv, no matter how hard i tryed to escaped i was slowly getting pulled back to my room by the tv, it was a horrifying experience, luckily i awoke usually when i got to the door of my bedrooom waking usually sweating and my heart pounding, this only happened on 2 or 3 occasions, mostly when i was coming down with the flu, but on reading online i found a few articles on mirrors in dream this one is the most intresting ...Looking in a mirror (your image will most often appear blurry or not appear at all in a dream). However, your figure can be horribly disfigured in a mirror, frightening you into nightmare or a dream.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

I've had a lot of chase dreams and have them pretty often. Chase dreams are one of several common dream themes, stemming from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. Flee and flight is an instinctive response to a physical threat in the environment. In such dreams, the scenario often features you being pursued by an attacker, an animal, a monster or an unknown figure, who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Consequently, you run, you hide or you try to outwit your pursuer. Your actions in the dream parallel how you would respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations in your waking life. Instead of confronting the situation, your dream indicates that you have a tendency to run away and avoid the issue. Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain a better understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties.

The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can symbolize the rejected characteristics of your Self. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. What are you trying to run from?

If you are the one doing the chasing, then the dream may highlight your drive and ambition to go after something you want. Or perhaps the dream suggests that you are falling behind and having to catch up with everyone else.

Consider the distance or gap between you and your pursuer. This indicates your closeness to the issue. If the pursuer is gaining on you, then it suggests that the problem is not going to go away. The problem will surround you, until you confront and address it. However, if you are able to widen the gap between your pursuer, then you are able to successfully distance yourself from the problem. In essence, the problem is fading away.

A more direct analysis of chase dreams is the fear of being attacked. Such dreams are more common among women than men, who may feel physically vulnerable in the urban environment. These dreams are often brought about by the media, who magnifies fears of violence and sexual assault.

Edited by Dictator (see edit history)

I've just seen myself in the mirror in my waking dream! I saw myself as a younger version of me. It could be present me since I look much like I did when I was younger. I asked my friend if I looked ok and he shook his head with a disgusted look on his head and said no! I remember thinking, "what! I know I can't look that much different." I looked in the mirror and it was me! Only thing was my hair was messed up. It seems everyone notices their hair looks weird in dreams. So I try fixing it but couldn't get it the way I wanted so I gave up. Then it went into a whole other dream. My dreams don't flow well together. I've also had a couple weird chase dreams and a bridge dream but I didn't know what they could have meant until now, thanks for sharing all that with me! One of my chase dreams was a large group of people chasing me down a city block, I cut through some apartments and ended up jumping into a pool from the third story to get away from them. When I was getting out the pool a small child was holding a handgun at me, I remember being scared! He fired a shot but missed, then just tossed it down and went back to playing. It was very strange and bugged me for a while! Only dreamt this once. The bridge dream also had another person involved but she wasn't standing there with me, she was at one end of the bridge while I stood in the middle. I remember what the bridge looked like, it was a draw bridge that looked like cheap construction, kinda looked like I was in another country. The end she stood at had a small booth which I thought in the dream was some kind of border patrol checkpoint but now I think it could have just been the booth to operate the bridge. Then again I thought it was border patrol in my dream, dreams are of your imagination so it could have been so. Maybe I reworked the story a bit going over it so many times. This friend of mine is a girl I've known close for 8 years. We have great memories and shared a lot of chemistry. She moved 1800 miles away from me, met new people and got married. She has a daughter now. I'm very happy for her but also disappointed it wasn't me. I know it's my fault as I didn't make the incentive needed to make it work. I kinda had a feeling it meant I missed out on this opportunity, but now I'm thinking it signified our scenario. She was there waiting but I was too scared to move forward. Or didn't have what I needed to cross the border... My lucid dreams are only partial, sometimes I can't control what's going on but I see it very clearly!

I had a dream, the other night, that I was leaning on a sort of make up table painted white in a stark white room. There was the center mirror and the two folding mirrors. parently, I was on my iPhone with the devil. He was telling me something about when I would die. I looked at my face in the mirror which appeared the same yet more clear... Beautiful even. I smirked and asked the devil, "So, this hell... Will I like it there?" My eyes turned yellow and my pupils turned to vertical black slits. Unfortunately, I wasn't lucid at the time, but early in the dream did have a brief period of lucidity.