xisto Community
joeblogg

Open Discussion Forum my new forum

I have made a new forum: opendiscussion.invisionplus.net.

please visit it and give it a go. it is brand new and i really want to get members. Xisto moderators can be moderators on this site because i could not think of a better moderating team than the great moderating team on Xisto. all you have to do to become a moderator if you are a Xisto moderator is pm me on Xisto. i will be picking my own moderators as well so prove yourself on the forums. please visit the site and sign up - i really want members on this forum! accounts will not be banned due to lack of innactivity! so sign up even if you don't really plan on using it much. i know with little members its going to be hard to post so i don't mind you signing up and just waiting until there are more members. thankyou anyone who signs up!

I have made a new forum: opendiscussion.invisionplus.net.

please visit it and give it a go. it is brand new and i really want to get members. Xisto moderators can be moderators on this site because i could not think of a better moderating team than the great moderating team on Xisto. all you have to do to become a moderator if you are a Xisto moderator is pm me on Xisto. i will be picking my own moderators as well so prove yourself on the forums. please visit the site and sign up - i really want members on this forum! accounts will not be banned due to lack of innactivity! so sign up even if you don't really plan on using it much. i know with little members its going to be hard to post so i don't mind you signing up and just waiting until there are more members. thankyou anyone who signs up!

Hmm... I wonder where you got the idea for "Open Discussion" from :)

But what I found was kind of funny was how you said that accounts won't be banned due to inactivity. I've never gone to a forum that has banned you because you were inactive. I would love to find one, if you could show me one, that actually does something like this.

Also, where are you forums? I don't see any forums besides 3, and one is an announcement forum, which you still have the welcome to Invision Power Board, in it. Another thing is you're still using the default skin that invisionplus gives you when you signup for their free forums. I know that there might not be a huge selection of themes, but the basic one or the default one if you may is really unappealing.

Those are just my 2 cents, I would register but Im too busy now, maybe later on I will :)

Hmm... I wonder where you got the idea for "Open Discussion" from :D
But what I found was kind of funny was how you said that accounts won't be banned due to inactivity. I've never gone to a forum that has banned you because you were inactive. I would love to find one, if you could show me one, that actually does something like this.

Also, where are you forums? I don't see any forums besides 3, and one is an announcement forum, which you still have the welcome to Invision Power Board, in it. Another thing is you're still using the default skin that invisionplus gives you when you signup for their free forums. I know that there might not be a huge selection of themes, but the basic one or the default one if you may is really unappealing.

Those are just my 2 cents, I would register but Im too busy now, maybe later on I will :)

thanks alot for visiting the forum. there is not much point posting as there are hardly any members at all. just two in fact. testmod is just a test account.

by the way Xisto bans your account if you are not active.

i also kinda like the default theme.

please join when you have the time. there is no pressure to post or spend any time on it but we would love to have more members.

On my opendiscussion.invisionplus.net i have recieved a post from an anonymous members saying:

I have a question.... Are you going to spam this forum like you spam Xisto's forums?
-Reply by anonymous Xisto user.

i am not angry but i just want to know who wrote this. and whoever wrote this could you post a link to one of my "spam" posts so i know what you think is spam. i'm not sure who this member is but i have a few theories. please just tell me who you are and we can discuss why you think i am a spammer or what that question was really trying to achieve.

Notice from rvalkass:

Merged double posts. Please use the Edit button next time :)

by the way Xisto bans your account if you are not active.

I don't think so. The only accounts that get banned are those of spammers, and those who personally attack other members. I have never seen an account get banned simply because they were inactive. Under the old credit system, if you didn't post enough then your hosting account was suspended until you posted again, but your forum account never got banned.

Anyway, on to your forum. I personally can't see any direction to the forum - what is the actual purpose of it? For example, the reason (most) people come to Xisto is for the free web hosting. I just can't see a specific purpose for your forum. That will make it very difficult for you to attract members to your site, and therefore no-one will really get it off the ground. You need to focus your forum on something specific, and then write some good posts yourself that people can reply to. That will get the discussion started, and gradually it will snowball as more and more people reply, start their own topics and find you through search engines.