xisto Community
Echo_of_thunder

Help With My Site had a idea and dont have a clue if it can be done

I was sitting around tonight messing around with my page, and had a idea. I do not know if or how it could be done, but wow would it be cool if it could be. here is the idea.on a new page. have a google map of the USA. with 2 overlays. 1 being a weather radar showing any rain or snow.2 being a Satillite overlay to show any clouds or cold fronts. controls would have to be that you could change between the two of them, and then be able to click onto a rainy area and it would go to that area's local national weather service.I know the map can be done, but what about the overlays and the controls for it. I feel as if this can be done, and be easy to load and operate. it would really be something useful not only to me but to other weather buffs around the net. Yes taking a chance on someone running away with the idea but hey, what the heck lol

google html Image Mapping.

Thank you much. That will help in the design. now to find the kzm files for radar and satillite. Was so late when I thought of this, did not really look around for them.

Actually, I remembered the name of the packaage i used when i was on Windows.Google geohtmlIf you have any trouble, PM me and I will research it further for you.

Yes taking a chance on someone running away with the idea but hey, what the heck lol

yea, especially after someone stole your domain name...i'd say this has probably already been done. i have no suggestions but i would love to see the final product if you ever accomplish it so keep us updated

yea, especially after someone stole your domain name...i'd say this has probably already been done. i have no suggestions but i would love to see the final product if you ever accomplish it so keep us updated

Still researching it all. The Full map can be made easy enough with Google thing is the KLM files for radar and sat. Google Gagets does have one just far sats and I have seen one with the radar but also includes GPS tracking which I dont want. and that one was copy written. I am not a thef :) Just going to take me some time but I will figure all this out.

well I got it done. only was able to do a radar however. looks pretty fast in FF and GC and IE but if your on a slow speed your out of luck sadly. here it is if you would like a look and tell me what you all think,

Google Radar Map

Not the cleanest map but for my 1st time at doing this and not knowing what I was doing I feel as I did a pretty good job