xisto Community
Crowe

Twilight?

Well, I saw that the movie was coming out and thought that I would bring this up in a topic. So, how many of you have actually read this book (series, if I am not mistaken)? I have yet to read it, but from what I heard it sounds interesting.What exactly is it about? Yeah, I know that there are vampires and the like in it, but is it worth reading? Should I get the book, or wait until the movie comes out to watch it? Some people that I know said that they liked it, and it was a good read. But I don't know.I haven't been reading a whole lot of other books lately, besides ones on spirituality, so I want to know if this is a good one, by any chance?

my sister has read the whole series and says there all really good. She cant wait for the movie to come out. She generally likes books about sci-fi and romance so if you are into either of those topics then sure give it a try. Me personally my schedule doesnt permit it so I will wait for the movie and watch it then. Hopefully the movie is as good as she says the books are.

I read three of the books in the series so far... I think there is four total? Anyway, they weren't the greatest books on the planet by any means, but they were definitely entertaining and helped to pass the time. Plus, since I tend to be someone that gets easily bored when reading, and have trouble getting to the end of books... it was nice to actually finish these ones. Mind you, they are "young adult" books or whatever, so they were rather easy reading for me, and not so much of the brain-stimulating making-you-think-about everything books. Which was also nice, cause it's nice to just get lost in the world of a book and not have to over anaylyze everything. Plus, it lets you read the books faster :)I wouldn't mind seeing how the movie does when it comes to theaters too. I'm not sure if the movie is supposed to be about the first book, or about the full series? I guess I'll find that out later. From the previews that I've seen, it seems to be following the books pretty well, because I recognized the scenes right away as I was watching. Mind you, the actors aren't anything like what I'd envisioned in my head, but I think that's just what always happens when books become movies.As for what they are about, basically the books are about this girl that moves to a small town to live with her father, and while she's going to school there, she meets this family of vampires. Fate brings the group together, and it's like the story of how people from such different lives interact, and about the romance and friendships between a human and the vampires.

A lot of girls think that its a very good book. Some are obsessed with the whole series of Twilight. Some of them cry, some of them laugh mysteriously. Sometimes I think it might be brain washing. Many of my friends say that Twilight is a waste of time. But anyways, Im glad that the movie will be coming out. Im too lazy to read the whole entire series @.@I already saw the trailer on its site. It looks like it has a lot of action in it.Can't wait to see the movie. I bet it would be much more intense than the books, as some of my friends who read it said it had intenstion rate of 6/10.I just gotta wait and see ^^

Twilight is a best seller among the young adult market mainly because it's an interesting concept and makes for light reading that is rather entertaining.I'm a fan of fantasy novels and like immersing myself in 'another world' where almost anything is possible. Having said that the series isn't one of the best books WRITTEN but for entertainment purposes its alright.There are 4 books though and it takes a while to get through them (not quite as long as harrypotter...)The movie adaptation is average. The trailer does show alot of action and Edward Cullen is hot! but honestly overall, I was disappointed with the movie. It just seemed a little boring, the entire first half was sort of supposed to 'lead' to the action scenes but it seemed bland and felt like filler. Perhaps that was because I had read the books previously and already knew what was going to happen so it seemed like the entire movie was spent waiting for it to get to the end parts.For a quick non spoiler filled summary Twilight series is basically about a girl who moves to a new town and encounters a 'vampire family', the Cullens, and then all these complications start to occur.

I honestly think that Twilight is overrated. It has no actual plot, the protagonists are as bland as it gets and the Bella Edward scenes are quite cheesy. The book is mainly written in the first person perspective and often sounds like a boring LiveJournal entry rather than an actual thoughts and emotions of a person.The book on the whole isn't that bad but by the middle, you start getting a little tired of the constant purple-prosed descriptions of Edwards's 'topaz' eyes among other things. The book is average. I'd give it a 5/10. If you have nothing else to read or do you could plop down on a couch and foray into Twilight. Or you could spend money on another better-written book. It's your choice either way,

Yeah, I'm unsure as to why it got so popular. Basically it's a romance novel (like grandma reads) except it's geared for teens. The story was okay from a guy perspective, but I would not really recommend it. It was a good read and detailed, the action was good, but the 2nd and 4th books sucked. So it's also unstable. As far as the movie transition, the movie sucked compared to the book, there were a LOT of details missing or modified. Some of which had no reason to be modified! Ugh that irritates me.

Twilight is so popular amongst people of my age group (I'm a 14 year-old girl) because it's sooooo easy to relate to.There really isn't anything quite like the kiss of someone whom you really like. . . or even love (I try to be carefull with the word Love, like hate, it's a strong word) and looking into there eyes and knowing, hey! They like me too!I looooove Twilight! I even have a Team Edward banner on my myspace (Thanks to saint_michael).Spoiler! Here's the storyline of Twilight.Bella moves away from her hometown of Pheonix, Arizona to go live with her dad in Forks, Washington. She dreads the move and even describes the town of Forks as her own personal "Hell on Earth". She ends up making some friends. . . and catching the eye of a few boys at the school too. And then during her first lunch, she sees a beautiful group of people, which one stands out the most (Edward Cullen). He has russett colored hair. She ends up sitting next to him in biology, where he is rather spitefull towards her. But the next day he's completely nice. She has his suspicions about him untill she meets an idian boy named Jacob Black. He tells here why his family does not associate with them, because they are supposedly vampires. Bella does her research and figures out that, yes, the Cullens are in fact vampires. Bella and Edward start spending more and more time with each other where they learn more and more about eachother. Well, one day Edward invites Bella to come play baseball with his whole family. By this point in time the Cullens are very found of Bella, with the exception of Rosalie. Anyway, when they are out playing baseball, three other vampires here them playing and ask if they can play to. . .but then they spot Bella, who just happens to be a human. Carlisle Cullen (Edwards father) tells the foreign vampires to back off, that bella is with them. Two of the vampires are okay with the fact, but the third vampire keeps shooting looks at Bella. Edward snarels at him, which only angers him more. She runs away to pheonix, because both the other two foreign vampires and the Cullens are afraid that now she has no choice, that James thirsts for her blood. He ends up tracking her down, and attempts to kill her. Bella is seriously injured but does survive, thanks to the Cullens. It does have alot of action, but I will say it tends to be more girl oriented. I love it because it gives me warm fuzzies on the inside :P

Twilight is so popular amongst people of my age group (I'm a 14 year-old girl) because it's sooooo easy to relate to.
There really isn't anything quite like the kiss of someone whom you really like. . . or even love (I try to be carefull with the word Love, like hate, it's a strong word) and looking into there eyes and knowing, hey! They like me too!

I looooove Twilight! I even have a Team Edward banner on my myspace (Thanks to saint_michael).

Spoiler! Here's the storyline of Twilight.

Bella moves away from her hometown of Pheonix, Arizona to go live with her dad in Forks, Washington. She dreads the move and even describes the town of Forks as her own personal "Hell on Earth". She ends up making some friends. . . and catching the eye of a few boys at the school too. And then during her first lunch, she sees a beautiful group of people, which one stands out the most (Edward Cullen). He has russett colored hair. She ends up sitting next to him in biology, where he is rather spitefull towards her. But the next day he's completely nice. She has his suspicions about him untill she meets an idian boy named Jacob Black. He tells here why his family does not associate with them, because they are supposedly vampires. Bella does her research and figures out that, yes, the Cullens are in fact vampires. Bella and Edward start spending more and more time with each other where they learn more and more about eachother. Well, one day Edward invites Bella to come play baseball with his whole family. By this point in time the Cullens are very found of Bella, with the exception of Rosalie. Anyway, when they are out playing baseball, three other vampires here them playing and ask if they can play to. . .but then they spot Bella, who just happens to be a human. Carlisle Cullen (Edwards father) tells the foreign vampires to back off, that bella is with them. Two of the vampires are okay with the fact, but the third vampire keeps shooting looks at Bella. Edward snarels at him, which only angers him more. She runs away to pheonix, because both the other two foreign vampires and the Cullens are afraid that now she has no choice, that James thirsts for her blood. He ends up tracking her down, and attempts to kill her. Bella is seriously injured but does survive, thanks to the Cullens.

It does have alot of action, but I will say it tends to be more girl oriented. I love it because it gives me warm fuzzies on the inside :P

i call all the crazy twilight fans cult members especialy when they start creating teams. all of my friends have read this book and they all love it and they too started creating teams (why are the only dominent teams edward and jacob). anyways i'm curently semi-forced/voluntarily reading "twilight" i've gotten past the first few chapters and the only team i'm on is team charlie. the book starts off very slowly, almost boring even. things don't really start picking up and getting interesting after the van incident. i hav'nt seen the movie but like almost all book movies i here it stank. but so far the book is alright though.

i've never read twilight, but i've seen the movie. You know, the opinions surrounding twilight really seem to fall in the extremes, there's not really many lukewarm ( so i guess I remain the minority ). People tend to either think it's really dumb or really poignant. As for myself, having seen the movie, I really didn't think it was all that bad. I will admit the fact that I do think the protagonist's name is kind of pretentious, Bella Swan ( means "Beautiful Swan" ) but you know, it doesn't ruin the story completely. In the film, Edward and Bella ( Robert Pattison & Kristen Stewart ) have a lot of chemistry, and at the end of the movie, that chemistry really saved the film, because there were some very awkward/cheesy elements that kind of soured the mood of the movie. Overall i'd give it a 6.5/10

I've heard a lot about it, but I'm not sure whether I should read it yet. I'll probably end up doing so, just because I can't resist a good vampire story (even if it's a "chick-book"). As has been mentioned, the movie reviews seem to fall into extremes, so it's hard to get any good information about it.Regards,z.

Well, I saw that the movie was coming out and thought that I would bring this up in a topic. So, how many of you have actually read this book (series, if I am not mistaken)? I have yet to read it, but from what I heard it sounds interesting.
What exactly is it about? Yeah, I know that there are vampires and the like in it, but is it worth reading? Should I get the book, or wait until the movie comes out to watch it? Some people that I know said that they liked it, and it was a good read. But I don't know.

I haven't been reading a whole lot of other books lately, besides ones on spirituality, so I want to know if this is a good one, by any chance?

I've read them all, and I've got to say they are VERY impressive. I'd highly recommend you read them.

There are four novels, although I should probably say bricks because they are huge :P, in the Twilight Saga; Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn. They all follow the life of a girl named Bella (Isabella Swan) as she moves to a small town in Washington called Forks where she lives with her father. She meets Edward Cullen, a gorgeous and mysterious boy at her high school and basically the books erupt from there. Stephani Meyer's writing style is highly captivating and even the most simple things are made highly enjoyable. Everything about the Twilight series makes it more realistic, especially the way in which Stephani has linked events in the novels to real life events.

Seriously, if you want to read the most amazing book ever- Read Twilight.