xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Google Chrome Bata You got to love Google

Google you have done it again I must say. I just downloaded the Google Chrom Bata. I LOVE IT. You dont have all the clutter like on some browsers. Very clean looking. and most of all simple. Almost has a Firefox and IE 7 feel to it. If you have not tried it. Go for it.

i think it is pretty cool but i've stuck to ie7. its easier to use and i don't really see the point in google chrome.i also don't see why they made it. how do they make profits from google chrome. there are no ads or anything. is it a free service from google or is there some sort of catch?

I agree, I'm really liking this new Google Chrome. I was hesistant to use it at first, because i am so used to using Firefox, but after using it I really felt comfortable with it. Don't get me wrong, i'm sticking to firefox for now, but I think in a year or two I'll most likely switch to Chrome.

i think it is pretty cool but i've stuck to ie7. its easier to use and i don't really see the point in google chrome.
i also don't see why they made it. how do they make profits from google chrome. there are no ads or anything. is it a free service from google or is there some sort of catch?

I could be wrong but I think it's about influence. The "browser wars" episode 2. It seems like Google really wants to be the next Microsoft and wants to be involved in EVERYTHING, which is fine as long as they present a good product. I think there is little that would make them happier right now than getting a good foothold by having a popular browser and being a step ahead in software and browsing for mobile devices.

I'd be interested to know, however, if there are many non-techy people using Chrome to speak of? I'm sure most of the people who have bought PCs and don't know exactly what the word "browser" means will be using IE until the cows come home.

p.s. I like Chrome as well. But I don't have any plans on switching. Firefox's power and reliability are really good for me.
Edited by asdftheking (see edit history)

Honestly I had downloaded it a little while ago and thought it was cool but I am so used to using Firefox that I do not really even remember that I have the browser. This topic made me remember that I had it. Of course if I find the need to switch to Chrome then I am sure I probably will some way but I do not really see the need to at the moment. The same thing happened to me though when I used Internet Explorer though because I never thought switching to Firefox had a point but now I use it constantly so it may take Chrome a while to build up popularity.

I could be wrong but I think it's about influence.

That's how I'm interpreting it. Although everyone already knows the Google name.

I'm using Chrome, I've used Firefox in the past but there weren't any add-ons that prevented me from switching over (for example I don't have anything against ads) - if I feel the need to use Tamper Data, I'll simply switch over to firefox for whatever it is I'm doing. There are a few features that I like, such at the ability to arbitrarily resize textboxes. The url bar (omnibar) for firefox is slightly better in my opinion, and less biased towards the most visited websites. However I do like the homepage of Chrome (because I'm too lazy to make a similar one!)

google chrom will do better than firefox shortly. the thing is that google has plenty of money; they are very rich and they can afford to advertise this browser a lot more than mozilla can advertise firefox. but they still won't be able to be more popular than internet explorer because they have even more money. getting a browser and stuff like this really depends on how much money a company has and how much influence they have on the computer world. google and microsoft have a lot of influence but mozilla doesn't so i think google chrome is the biggest threat to mozilla. mozilla was happy sitting in second place behind internet explorer but soon enough google is going to push it into third place and mozilla won't be laughing then. and mozilla simply doesn't have to money to take google on so mozilla firefox is pretty much stuffed.

I have to say I love Google Chrome but I'm sticking with Mozilla Firefox (at least for now). Chrome is fast as hell and looks dead sexy but it still is in beta and I'm not really a believer in converting until the full stable release. Plus I have several firefox plug ins that I use on a daily basis that would not be compatible with chrome. I might convert eventually, just not at the moment.

BrowsersGoogle Chrome Bata

I feel as if google chrome is a good browser. I am like you I am mozilla fan because they do not feel the need to put in things like a private browsing apps such as IE has done. We should always feel secure remember I said (Feel) secure when we are surfing and doing the things we like I had some issues with running chrome Bata On fresh installs of win7 Ult 64and windows 7 X86 it would do things like remove all of my browser related desktop shortcuts and I would loose start menu icons and I would have to go to the HDD and recrate my shortcuts.Or it would do things like just close out on me while doing stuff no error Mess. Or anything.I was hooked on Chrome in Vista YUCK! And XP seemed Flawless. Gotta stay runnin with the foxes for now have a great day they will get it

-reply by Carl