xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Nokia 6500 Slide im thinking of getting one

i'm thinking of getting a nokia 6500 slide to replace my current motorola v3. I hate the motorola v3. it has 5mb of space only and can't accept any micro sd or mini sd cards to increase the space. i'm not sure how much space the nokia 6500 has but i know it can take a micro/mini sd card which means it could have up to 4gb (4000mb) of memory which is a lot bigger than the motorola v3. also the camera is 3.2 megapixels compared to a VGA camera and the screen is bigger as well. the nokia 6500 is also 3G while the motorola v3 is not. now obviously this is a better phone than my current one but do you think i should by it. i want anyone's opinion on this.

i previously had a motorola but im not too fond of nokias they look pretty dull? do they notever since i got a sony ericsson i have loved it and its a brand i might just stick too althoughthe new Blackberry looks pretty promising you might want to check it out i think it has 16gbexpandable memory (which is alot more than 4gb!) i also think it has 3G but im not too sure.hope this helps you out.

i previously had a motorola but im not too fond of nokias they look pretty dull? do they notever since i got a sony ericsson i have loved it and its a brand i might just stick too although
the new Blackberry looks pretty promising you might want to check it out i think it has 16gb
expandable memory (which is alot more than 4gb!) i also think it has 3G but im not too sure.
hope this helps you out.

yeah it does and i love blackberry's! they are pretty cool huh but they are a bit too epensive for me. i only have $250 Australian to spend on my phone (my birthday money) and i really can't be screwed to get a blackberry. yes they are pretty cool with all the functions and they are the best phone but the price tag is too much for me at the moment. and i know you like sony ericssion but i'm afraid that i absolutely hate sony ericsson! i bought a sony ericson a little while back for $130. yes it had a micro sd card which was pretty cool but the screen was horribly small, the keys were supper small, the camera was crap, it looked disgusting (i think i'm going to be sick...) and for $130? i don't think so. but while the nokia styling isn't as good as motorola its way better value for money and they are really cool so i think i'll stick with my decision of buying the Nokia 6500 Slide. Thanks for the advice though.

This review should cover almost every aspect of the phone's feature and software function : http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6500_slide-review-198.php

IMO, i tried the phone in Nokia shop and it felt just like sony ericsson w760i, my current phone. Buttons is solid good, but dirt will gather around the lens since its a concave lens.

When sliding it, it feels solid but not as tight as my phone. Yes, screen is big and pretty :)

This review should cover almost every aspect of the phone's feature and software function : http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_6500_slide-review-198.php

IMO, i tried the phone in Nokia shop and it felt just like sony ericsson w760i, my current phone. Buttons is solid good, but dirt will gather around the lens since its a concave lens.

When sliding it, it feels solid but not as tight as my phone. Yes, screen is big and pretty :)

i'm not reviewing the phone i'm just asking what other peoples advice is on whether i should get the phone or not.

DONT BUY 6500 SLIDE OF NOKIANokia 6500 SlideReplying to daftpunk bro.. Don't buy a nokia 6500 I got one and i am not satisfied with the performance although it is good when it comes to look and memory but soon the problem will appear on it. Come to think of it... The worst is the only thing that I can do on my 6500 is just sending SMS, all applications now are not working. So don't waste your money to something that will not suit to your lifestyle in the future.-reply by 6500 sucks