xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FreedomOverdose

Death Sentence

What do you think? I think that death sentence is necessary. Just look on this angle: 1. The ones who kill should be killed2. OR they will be a society's parasite for the rest of their lives, living in jails, and we, teh other people who pay taxes for them :@:@

If this topic is merely just to get a glimpse of what other people think concerning the issue, then you could have searched for similar topics that contain similar to exact information on the issue. Like for example this one: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/40507-death-penalty-for-rapists/ But your reasoning for why it is necessary doesn't really show that it is necessary, since number 2 is to explain why number 1 should occur.

In Brazil the most time a person can stay in jail is 30 years and there is no death sentence. The jails are crowded, 150 people occupying the space designed for 80. Some time ago when there was a referendum for disarming the population, there was a talk in the media asking for a referendum to vote for the establishment of death penalty, but it never happened. But the talk was out there in the media, and as much bizarre as it sounds, some people are satisfied in knowing the criminals will stay alive for 30 years in an overcrowded jail. Some inmates can have access to cellphones, drugs, TVs, even get a refrigerator full of food delivered to the prison! I can't see how doing time under these conditions can compensate for doing a crime. In some cases when the criminal "pays its debt to society" he incurs in the same crime again. There was this serial killer (Bandido da Luz Vermelha) who spent all his 30 years in jail getting tatoos and telling everybody he would kill again, then when he was released, he was still a menace to society and ended up killed -- in self defence :lol:

There are of course certain issues that speak against the death sentence, such as the fact it can be politically exploited, or the fact that innocent people could be killed.However, that does not alter the fact that something will have to be done to get the current situation under control.As people metioned before: they spend a lot of time in jail, where we have to support them through paying our taxes, but it becomes even worse when you think about the fact that, in this day and age, it seems to have become a common thing for the victims of crime to come off second best, while the real offenders either get a minimal sentence or where they walk away scot free.This, of course is a result of all the 'do gooders' which are in our society these days, in their opinion, it is a crime to defned your life and your property, eg. if you shoot a burglar who intends to kill you, you are a major criminal (according to them), but, on the other hand, when someone kills a baby, 'they deserve another chance' (once again, according to the league of do gooders).Someone also gave me the argument once 'have you thought about all the grief and sorrow you put the relatives of a person who recieved a death sentence thorugh?', then I ask, what about the relatives of the innocent person who was killed by that criminal, have they got no pain, then?Another reason that was mentioned earlier in this topic is that criminals who are released from jail often reoffend, which has been a very common thing.Quite often a convicted murderer has been let loose on society again (sometimes after serving a long sentence, sometimes after having got off very lightly), and after his release, he just went and killed someone again, even when the judges clearly knew that this person was going to commit the same crime again.So, what is the point of keeping them alive, or, even worse, to re-integrate them into society?I think there is only one possible punishment, which is the death sentence.As for the case of miscarriages of justice, there should of course be a loophole in the law which says that no death sentence is to be given in case of the slightest doubt to the accused's guilt, but apart from that, I think someone who has deliberately killed, deserves to be killed himself. And while two wrongs do not make a right, or, as people sometimes say, 'that would make you as bad as the murderer', well, think carefully, how you would think if it were your father, mother, brother, sister or child that got killed. (While I obviously hope from the bottom of my heart nobody will ever be put in that situation).To be quite honest, if someone killed one of my loved ones, I don't think I would have a single problem with executing that person myself, with or without the help of the courts.

in australia there is no death penalty.

i will present the argument for both sides (agree and disagree) because i don't really mind

Dealth penalty is not all right

-by killing them we are saying it is alright to kill

-killing anyone even bad people is cruel

Dealth penalty is all right

-we kill people in war who aren't any worse than murderers

-if they can kill why can't we?

-They deserve it

I can't explain why but instinctively I feel that the deathpenalty is wrong.Maybe that's because I feel that a high level of guilt is inevitable in such cases as Murder,rape and pedophilia. I wouldn't want to live with that kind of guilt but I havea hard time seeing in the eyes of these people.Maybe they don't feel any guilt. Regardless though,murderers,rapists and pedophiles should be imprisoned and quarantined together for life.At the lowest financial cost possible. It's easier said than done though.

An Eye for an Eye. A tooth for a tooth, as the saying goes. way back in the day if someone was found guilty of say murder, they got strung up right after the trail. none of this waiting and waiting on death row with apeal after apeal. to me that is a waste of tax payers money, not even gonna go into all this with the injections. More waste of money. What's cheaper? the drugs or some rope?

What do you think? I think that death sentence is necessary. Just look on this angle: 1. The ones who kill should be killed
2. OR they will be a society's parasite for the rest of their lives, living in jails, and we, teh other people who pay taxes for them :@:@

I think, this is a cyclic process, we keep brutal criminals alive and others in their line do not get any lesson, they hope to come out alive.
We kill them, it becomes a threat for many others similar to them, crimes are curbed, people think before commiting any crime again. So from the moral perspective- it becomes justified to kill them and make it clear, that no one will be spared.
Also if they are kept alive- it is we who pay for them. Waste and diversion of resources, which otherwise could have been utilised in wellbeing of the socciety.
We must set standards, that is more important and those who deserve should be given death sentences. It is fully justified.

I think just by givig the death sentence to the criminals is not appropriate. Their fate should be decided according to the leve of harm they have caused to the society. Especially if they are terrorists, then death sentence is not justified for them. They must get something more. They should be tortured until they die their own death. This is how others will think thousand times before commiting anything of this sort.

It's a hard question for me to answer, as to whether the death penalty is "right" or "wrong." There are just too many complications with it.The first of which is that there are some innocent people who are found "guilty" for crimes they did not commit. If this happens to be punishable by death, and they are killed because of it, and then found innocent...Is that really right?If you want to take it over to a religious standpoint, it says in the Bible that killing others is wrong. Except in war. It does not say "If someone is thought of to have killed another person, kill them." In fact, doing so makes you no better than the murderer.But then again...What else is there to do? Those who have killed before are much more likely to kill in the future. Think of it like drugs, rapists, etc. Keeping them in jail would be a semi-fix, but even there they can get their dose of killing other in-mates. Some of them could also be innocent.Really, I guess there is no truely correct answer. There are both good and bad outcomes from death-row, so either way is fine with me. I just hope that I am never falsely accused of a crime and put to death for it before being found innocent.