xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Corey

Power Supply

i will have this configuration soon and what power supply should i buy with it?-MSI K8N Neo2 platinum-Athlon 64 3000+ Sck. 939-2 x 256 MB KingMAX DDR 400-1 x 512 MB KingMAX DDR 400-Maxtor 80GB ATA-Maxtor 60GB ATA-Maxtor 160GB SATA-ASUS CD-RW-Pioneer DVD-ROM-NEC ND-1300A-Skystar2-ASUS 9800pro 256 RAMso what do you recommend for this PC?...now i have MS 400W.....and it's a piece of crap....i can plug only 3disks,and 2 drives......and it's very unstable..

Hi Corey,

Yoy've probably already got this figured out but heregoes.

Have upgraded and installed dozens of puters. The power supply I always recommend is Adaptec. Never had one fail or burnout or just plain go buggy.

You do have a bunch of drives the power supply total rating will be important. You can get charts on the net for the power supply requirements of typical components & total & peak power needed. 400W sound a little low for what you want to do.

Hope this helps

RGPHNX

=====================================================

i will have this configuration soon and what power supply should i buy with it?

-MSI K8N Neo2 platinum

-Athlon 64 3000+ Sck. 939

-2 x 256 MB KingMAX DDR 400

-1 x 512 MB KingMAX DDR 400

-Maxtor 80GB ATA

-Maxtor 60GB ATA

-Maxtor 160GB SATA

-ASUS CD-RW

-Pioneer DVD-ROM

-NEC ND-1300A

-Skystar2

-ASUS 9800pro 256 RAM

so what do you recommend for this PC?...

now i have MS 400W.....and it's a piece of crap....i can plug only 3disks,and 2 drives......and it's very unstable..

43319[/snapback]

Hi Corey,

Yoy've probably already got this figured out but heregoes.

Have upgraded and installed dozens of puters. The power supply I always recommend is Adaptec. Never had one fail or burnout or just plain go buggy.

You do have a bunch of drives the power supply total rating will be important. You can get charts on the net for the power supply requirements of typical components & total & peak power needed. 400W sound a little low for what you want to do.

Hope this helps

RGPHNX

=====================================================

57247[/snapback]

heh..:angry:

i know that 400w is low for this kind of configuration...and it's one of the cheapest power supplys on the market so i should get a better one...

i'm thinking of taking this one..

Chieftec 420W double fan..

would it be OK for 3 x hard disks and 2 x cd/dvd drives....?

I still get along with a 230W and a P3, one HDD, one laptop HDD and one DVD-ROMyou need a good 500W package, don't go for cheap ones, they use cheap capacitors and cheap parts and fail very occasionally. Get a good solid brand.

I have an Antec TruePower 550W for:P4 2.4 GHzMSI 845 mb1 GB Ram 266Hercules Radeon 9700Pro overclocked2 x Sound Blaster Audigy1 60 GB Seagate HD3 x 120 GB Seagate HDSamsung DVDTDK DVD Dual Layer WriterLot of USB device7 Fan for coolingNeon Blu...And all is stable, never had a problem... I think 500W is ok for ur pc...