xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Eye_of_Wonder

Designing An Online Community Center Site

Main Site Sections => Forums, Gallery, Free Web Portal Access, Site Information/Contact Info, Free Downloads Directory/Infobase.Desired Site Elements => Localized Site Search Engine/Bar, Login/Sign Up, Automated Feeds/Section Updates, Dynamic Page Generation/linking.Preferred Code Languages=> C++, PHP, ColdFusion, Javascript.Website Type: Dynamic Database-Driven.Specs: Windows XP x86(win32) OS w/ .NET Framework; SeaMonkey, FireFox, and IE7 Browsers currently installed.If anyone can give me any info about how best to go about this project, it would really help. I'm unable to purchase anything at this time, so information concerning no-charge options are preferred.To find out why I'm starting this project, please either PM me or read my Personal Statement on my Xisto User Profile.Thank you, and enjoy life whenever possible!

hello there

For a Project like that, the good thing to do is using a GNU CMS (Content Management Script) Which is Easy to install and to manage, You can also find a Templates which you can use According to this Content you want to do.

i advice like other wemasters can say : Joomla , it's Free, Easy to manage, install and edit :

You can download it from here :

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

You can find a Free Templates to use here :

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Goodluck!

I agree with deadmix. If you are looking for something that is database driven, but can't afford to pay, then an open source CMS would probably be the best for you.However, to recall your post I think you mentioned that you wanted a forum. To my recollection, and I'm not positive, I think Joomla, and Mambo, do not have forums.To find the best CMS for you, I recommend you check out the http://www.opensourcecms.com/ website. It gives you a chance to view a demo of them before installing on your webserver. If you do need help installing, you could always ask here. Plenty of experienced people who will be able to help you out.Alternatively, if you are looking for free hosting from Xisto, their hosting cpanel comes complete with fantastico, which is an auto-installer of certain CMS scripts, and does the hard work for you.Hope this helps,xls

Yes....just as deadmix and xls told go for Joomla. It is free and you can find lots of tutorials and support from the web for joomla. There are many free extensions and tons of free templates available for joomla. And for forums you can go for phpBB, one of the excellent open source forums available. You can integrate joomla and phpBB with simple bridges. Joomla and phpBB are PHP based, so they fit into your preferred languages.Anyway...start your project and post your problems here. Many people are here to help you. All The Best. :lol: