xisto Community
jlhaslip

Mitch Mitchell Passes Away Today Former drummer for jimi Hendrix

Bummer, man!

Mitch Mitchell, drummer for the legendary Jimi Hendrix Experience of the 1960s and the group's last surviving member, was found dead in his hotel room early Wednesday. He was 61.

A legend from the early days of Rock and Roll... a Master of his craft. Played on all the good albums recorded by arguably the best guitarist of all time...

More here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

wikipedia Article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitch_Mitchell

well even really popular good people have do die sometime. but he died pretty at only 61! :lol: did he smoke or something? i didn't even know he died yesturday until know! i'm surprised i didn't see it on the news last night. maybe he hadn't died yet. cos the australia / us time difference it might have been morning in usa when it was night over here.

It is not from my time Jimi Hendrix , but i must say that i heard some musics from "him", and i agree with him beeing the number one guitarrist of all times, obviously there are others with quite the same quality, but yes, it is not good to know that he was the last of his group and actually died at he "young" age of 61, well, but i consider to be normal for a music group person to die at that age, we all know what makes that happen do we not!?

as someone that did grow up in that time, it made get out the old LPs and kick back and relax to some good and real music.

The thing is Jimi Hendrix was never amazing technically as a guitarist compared tosay,jazz or Classical guitar players.What he did have though was his ownsound and he was incredibly innovative(Effects usage) and was basicallyway ahead of any other rock players at the time. This is why he is one of theall time greats. r.i.p Mitch Mitchell