xisto Community
mm22

Cpanel And Ftp Down, Hosting Up? is that normal?

For the past 15-20 hours I haven't been able to access CPanel or connect to my domain through FTP but my website seems to work correctly.I was wondering why is that happening when we are talking about the same hosting account? I figure that a non-working CPanel could be due to problems in the CPanel framework but how about FTP access? shouldn't that be a direct access to my domain regardless of CPanel status?Right now the http access to the site works but the ftp access doesn't...thanks for any hint!

Submit a ticket, I can't think of anything that would make it fail like that. It sounds like an IP ban except you can access your website so I'm not sure. Maybe you're typing your password wrong?

Submit a ticket, I can't think of anything that would make it fail like that. It sounds like an IP ban except you can access your website so I'm not sure. Maybe you're typing your password wrong?

The browsers just prompts the message "the server is taking too long to respond" and ftp clients (either filezilla or browsers) return "server offline"... still my site works, from the same IP and quite fast too! the password is correct but anyway it doesn't even prompt for password in the case of CPanel...

probably just a temporary glitch, will wait for a while and then submit a ticket in case :lol:

Thought I'd add that when my CPanel stopped working I was playing around with a firefox extension which stores bookmarks to an ftp server and was using my xisto/trap hosting for that... wondering if that might by any means have caused the problem.

Ok, was looking at this other topic Unable to access CPanel and figured out two causes for my ftp and cpanel access not working:

port 2082 might be blocked by my corporate firewall, but I don't see why because it's always worked from the same network, besides doesn't the block apply to incoming connections?

(more likely) I opened too many ftp connection from the same IP when playing with that firefox extension and got blocked by the server as if trying to hack, according to that other topic I should wait a few days...

any more suggestions? thanks :lol: Edited by mm22 (see edit history)

Yeah. It's all working on my side. Send a ticket to Xisto like haslip said, and wait till they unban it. :lol: You probably typed your password in too many times so it bans your IP in case your some one else trying to get in. Don't worry about it. ^_^-Sky