xisto Community
Corey

New Cpu & Mbo

so...i decided to buy new procesor and a new motherboard......what do you think....is this a good choice..?CPU:Model: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (1.8 GHz) Socket: Socket 939 Veličina cache-a: L2 512 KB Pakiranje: Kutija Ostalo: - 64 bit- HyperTransport tehnologija MBO:MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum ? 12 in.(L) x 9. 4 5 in.(W); ATX ? 4 DIMMs w/ DDR 400 upto 4 GB ? 1 AGP 8X; 5 PCI; 8 USB ? 8 Ch. Audio; Dual Gb LAN; IEEE 1394; RAID; SATA; ATA133 ? Live Update; Fuzzy Logic; PC Alert; MSI CoreCell; MSI CoreCenter; DOT , DigiCell; nVidia Firewall

the motherboard is feature rich and has alot to offer, i consider it to be one of the best amd based mobos out there, although i think if u can increase your budget then you should go for a processor with a bit more ooomph, you can probably pick up a amd fx 51 for a cheap price on ebay, or if you really want a new processor then the amd 64+ 3500 or 3700 would be better as they are alot faster and i think they have improved on chip cache. Overall if you cant afford more then i think your purchase is quite good although i still think the processor is a little weak (depends wat u are using it for :P).

the motherboard is feature rich and has alot to offer, i consider it to be one of the best amd based mobos out there, although i think if u can increase your budget then you should go for a processor with a bit more ooomph, you can probably pick up a amd fx 51 for a cheap price on ebay, or if you really want a new processor then the amd 64+ 3500 or 3700 would be better as they are alot faster and i think they have improved on chip cache.

Overall if you cant afford more then i think your purchase is quite good although i still think the processor is a little weak (depends wat u are using it for :P).

43305[/snapback]

well...i know that but....i'm a little don't have enough money....and don't whirly like shoping at e-bay....i mean the transport...

i hope i will get some donation....and than will be able to buy 3500+...which is better than newest Pentium EE...in most of the tests....

and...what do you think,how much could i overclock it with a stock cooler....and how much with a better one....ex. Zalman

at last !!!the motherboard and procesor finaly came....they didn't have MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum,so i bought ASUS A8V Deluxe...wich is awsome too :D:D ......now i have so many things to do..you wouldn't belive...,you know...installing drivers...pci cards.....a lot of work.. :D

i never knew the Athlon 64 3000+ came in a socket 939 form. i thought it was only 754. jeez i've gotten behind :Danyways, very nice, definetly a good choice. should serve you well for years to come :D

i never knew the Athlon 64 3000+ came in a socket 939 form. i thought it was only 754. jeez i've gotten behind :D

anyways, very nice, definetly a good choice. should serve you well for years to come :D

49400[/snapback]

yes...athlon 64 3000 comes in 754 and 939 socket...

but i bought 3500 wich comes only in socket 939...i think;)

Yeah, good config but to make sure it will be easily upgradeable get a board which supports DDRII and also don't forget PCI-E if you are a gamer. The newer SATA drives come with 300MBps traansfer. What are you going to do about all these???

Yeah, good config but to make sure it will be easily upgradeable get a board which supports DDRII and also don't forget PCI-E if you are a gamer. The newer SATA drives come with 300MBps traansfer. What are you going to do about all these???

53554[/snapback]

i couldn't get a better motherboard (the one supporting DDR2 and PCI-E)..because then i would have to change my graphics card and memory....which would cost a lot more...

....besides...there are still not motherboards for A64 that support DDR2....

and PCI-E isn't much better then AGP 8x;)

i couldn't get a better motherboard (the one supporting DDR2 and PCI-E)..because then i would have to change my graphics card and memory....which would cost a lot more...

....besides...there are still not motherboards for A64 that support DDR2....

and PCI-E isn't much better then AGP 8x;)

53619[/snapback]

That's right actually, there are not many motherboards like that but what will you do when you need to upgrade. AGP 8X will be scrapped soon. AGP 4X has already been stopped. It is hard to find 4X cards even in old stocks.

PCI-E is not much better than AGP slightly better now because the other devices are bottlenecks to it. In the future PCI-E will be fast with the proper system architecture.

If you don't have a choice then I think you can go with what you have. I know how money can be a bottleneck (when I upgraded my PC). :D

well i didn't have much of a choice.........i couldn't buy a NF4 motherboard with PCI-E support...because then i would have to buy a 6600GT (minimum...because i have R9800pro 256...so it would be stuid to buy something less powerfull)... and i didn't have enough money.......if i had enough...then i would buy this...Abit A8N Fatal1tyA64 3500+ WinGainward 6600GT......ahhh :D

well i didn't have much of a choice.....

....i couldn't buy a NF4 motherboard with PCI-E support...because then i would have to buy a 6600GT (minimum...because i have R9800pro 256...so it would be stuid to buy something less powerfull)... and i didn't have enough money...

....if i had enough...then i would buy this...

Abit A8N Fatal1ty

A64 3500+ Win

Gainward 6600GT....

..ahhh :D

54908[/snapback]

that is more than enought for a long time I think. Here a 9800 costs as much as a fully built PC. You are very lucky. Ok if you are satisfied than go for it. :D

I don't think that buying new MB and CPU is smart unless you buy NF4 with Socket 939 CPU. That is the future.

55070[/snapback]

I bet you haven't read the previous posts. Do you know his configuration? That's enough for now. Anyway he has to spend money. He can do it later or now. That's his choice, depends on this needs now.