xisto Community
StefanScottAlexx

A Free Website Where You Can Help End World Hunger - In Your Spare Time!

Hi -

Now you can actually help make the real world better while you're surfing around in cyberspace!

Go to the website freerice.com where you will be asked a series of (increasingly difficult) vocabulary questions.

For each question you get correct, they'll donate 20 grains of rice though the UN Wolrd Food Program to help end hunger.

http://freerice.com/

Check it out! Some people have reported that answering vocabulary questions on this site can be slightly addictive - but in this case, your compulsive web surfing will be helping a good cause.

- Scott

Thank you for reminding me that i do need to help others, others that have real peoblems in their lifes, not like the problems i have, i can not even compare their problems with mine, that would not be even fair.

That website has an original and unique way of helping to resolve the worldwide hunger problem, to give back, to help persons that otherwise could die, even today, even at this moment, and that moves me and motivated me to help, and to in fact participate in that sort of questionaire/quizz, which by the way, is too easy, which i agree it should be that way.

Even if you do not know what the word means, and that you can not understand it in order to see a synonim there, just google it or use the google translator to help you decide at:

Google Translator Tools

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good idea this topic.

Yup, I've heard about this website. My whole school did this once, back in 2007. Thats where you see all the bigger donations of rice. It was a whole day dedicated to the site. Look at now, less and less each month. I think the economy has a great affect on this because more people are unable to use the internet. Its up to the people who still have access to end world hunger, especially in these tough times. Thank you for exposing this site on Xisto, I would've never thought of it.

I remember about this website, heck even the community college I go to has a poster of this up as well, it interesting that news media hasn't picked up on this or they have and I haven't seen anything about it.