xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Wikipedia: The Missing Manual Review

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Although I am much of a wikipedia editor or writer I do visit that website quite often to gain knowledge or find out about a person place or thing out of curiosity and what not. As for the book itself it pretty much a how-to book on the inner workings of the wikipedia website. which includes editing, designing, citing sources and more, but also this book can be used by those who have a wiki software installed on their website and want to provide information such as software updates, website/company history, troubleshooting guides and more. So with the help of this book someone will be able to effectively design a well thought out wikipedia like website and have others contribute to it as well, especially other designers and what not. This book isn't one of those books that you can read in one night because of how full of information it is that makes sure you get the best out of designing wikipedia articles and even preventing spammers and those who seek to damage those articles. So it is worth the pick up especially if your building a company website and looking to provide information to your clients or those visiting your website.

It's about time wikipedia did more stuff like this, It is one of the most viewed sites in the world, I use it all the time although I am not an editor. Good going wikipedia, I won't buy one but hopefully they will make some more money out of it.