xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Death Clocks! yes those bloody things

who has used a death clock? they are really just health sites as if you tick the box that says that you smoke or eat junk food then you will die earlier which is true but they make health in the form of death! soooooooo scary.......but they are pretty cool.

who has used a death clock? they are really just health sites as if you tick the box that says that you smoke or eat junk food then you will die earlier which is true but they make health in the form of death! soooooooo scary.......
but they are pretty cool.

I have an idea of what your saying- though I cant say I've ever used it. Im not too sure I'd like to find out when I die or the estimation on how many years I have to live.. I feel it would restrict the way I live.

the scary thing about death clocks is not that it has psyphic powers and stuff like that (because most of us don't believe in that). we don't believe that day they predict will be the exact day but the scary thing is that it is about health and if you answer the questions truthfully then it probably will be a resonably close estimation to the years so that is what is scary. but the main thing its trying to do is scare you out of smoking and large consumptions of alchahol which is a good thing. The funny thing is that out of 4 death clocks i decided to test for fun to see the similarities in the "day of my death" two of them predicted that i would die in the same year which was freaky. but i don't smoke or drink (because i'm under age) so the year was something of what i expected which was a relief. :lol:

Who knows, in the future science & technology might just bring along something new to help us live longer =)One can always hope, right? I think it's a bit morbid knowing when you'll die. I've heard that the worst way to die is to die knowing that you'll die, because you think of all the things you'll miss.

Who knows, in the future science & technology might just bring along something new to help us live longer =)
One can always hope, right? I think it's a bit morbid knowing when you'll die. I've heard that the worst way to die is to die knowing that you'll die, because you think of all the things you'll miss.

dying is a part of life. knowing about life isn't morbid. heck, i've predicted my own death and my own wife's death. i disagree with the statement that the the worst way to day is knowing you'll die and when. you see, when you know these things, you aren't contimplating what you'll miss, you'll be doing the things that you'll NEVER miss. i think the opposite of your statement is true.

ever hear the statement, "live life like there is no tomorrow"? is that morbid? because that's talking about death. in my own opinon it is NOT morbid but that one statement is teaching a valuable lesson and for those that don't heed those words WILL miss and they WILL live in regret, because those are the ones that didn't think about their own death.

truth bud is this. we all don't live forever and the time we have right now, we can't gain back. our time is limited and we should make ever second count. i am talking about death but i don't believe death is as morbid as you say death is or thinking about death or what one wants to do before they die. it's a part of life. a cycle of life that includes birth.

I cant say I have ever used one and probably never would, and Im not saying im psychic but I have some sort of extra sense. I dreamnt my dad was gonna die and he did exactly 2 weeks later, I also dreamnt the same about my grandfather and one of my grandmothers, And I have known since I was a little kid that I would die in a car accident. Kinda freaky but I have had to make myself get over it. I have to drive I have kids and live in the country so theres no way around it. anyway again good topic but no I would never use a so called death clock I already know how Im gonna die I dont want to know when.

It is quite interesting to me how negatively we as a western culture feel about death. It is an inevitable part of life, a part which every single person (may vary depending on your religious/philosophical belief system) must at one time or another go through. So why is it that we pretend that it is not there?

We as a society attempt to not believe in death. We are constantly trying to find new ways to extend our lives and live longer than the average person. It is incredible to me that we see death as such a shock. Now, I am not saying that it is easy. Death can be one of the most painful things that an individual related to the deceased has to go through. It can be heartbreaking and painful, sometimes unbearable. But it is a natural part of life.

I have lost my share of friends/family to this concept of death. I am not a heartless monster saying that all we need to do is buck up and not show any emotions when someone close to us passes away. All I am saying is that we (in retrospect) embrace death as a natural part of life.

As for the whole death clock thing... Completely pointless. All that they really are are surveys reflecting your life expectancy according to your current life styles. People who actually take these things seriously...Well, I feel sorry for you.

In my opinion... In the time that it takes to fill out a "death clock" on the INTERNET, you could spend time talking to your children, or helping someone else who is in need. All thought you may not know how long you have to live according to some teenager's survey, you will not care.

"Death makes life worth living."

-reply by Jedd

I don't believe in death clocks. When it's your time todie then it's your time to die.Look at how many athletic types die young of heart attacks.They're all supposed to live until they're 90. If there is a death clock,it's hands move both counter and clock wiseat random, and settle in place with the roll of a dice so tospeak. In summary,there is no death clock.

I would never use one, for me it's a scary thing to know, I'll rather live using my days to the fullest so when the times comes whatever time it is, at least I know I tried my best to live the best life possible. I would worry everyday of my life if I knew the exact time I'm going to die, so I better continue living and hoping I'm going to have a long life...

It is fascinating to see the death clock only once after that it gets boring. I did input info about people who are dead (famous people) and the death clock still showed their death day. Of course it did not come to me as surprise. I just wanted to see how it went

It is fascinating to see the death clock only once after that it gets boring. I did input info about people who are dead (famous people) and the death clock still showed their death day. Of course it did not come to me as surprise. I just wanted to see how it went

I agree on that. why anyone would want to know of when they will meet there maker. I mean say you look at one right after reading this topic. it says you will die tomarrow at 1:32pm. you get up from the pc and fall down dead right then and there. that clock would be wrong. You can not trust them. when its your time its your time. no clock on a pc can tell you when.