xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ruben

What Would You Do If You Won 10m In The Lottery?

Let's say you won 10M dollars in the lottery. What would you do. Most business owners say they would keep working. At first you might be thinking: this is crazy, I would quit, but if you look further I think they have a good reason. :lol: They say that they would continue working, but would take frequent breaks. You might be thinking now: ok, where are you going with this. Ok, time to explain even more. The reason they say that they would continue working is because they would have so much time on there hands and nothing to do. Ok, so it still seems strange that I am saying this, but what do you think you would do. Really, put your mindset in winning that much money. Maybe you would think too much time would be bad. I know right now you might not be, but if you were would you be the same way?

It's amazing how much money can change you. Just joking, I think. ^_^ lol

I would start by giving 10%, yes a million, to the church in the form of half a million to the Salvation Army and then to other organizations including my home church.After that I would travel to Germany. Certainly there are the things everyone else would do such as buying a nice car (Something 4WD and an Mach 1 Mustang precisely) and a new computer (Mac). Also, taking of care of family would be a priority.Beyond that there are other, odder things I would set out to accomplish that are probably not on the usual list. One of those would be to make a movie. I would also spend a good amount of time learning those things I want to learn. I would learn a variety of martial arts from where I could with the resources. As well I would endeavor to attend a traditional art school some where or seek tutors where ever. When in others countries I would do my best to learn languages as well.

That is a very good question. Myself I would give some to the church as well. then unlike some winners of a lottery I would invest say 5 mil in a good 401K that would leave me 4 mil so with that I could pay all my bills maybe take a trip to some far off land that I know I will never see. and with the remainder? bank it and live off the interest. That is if Obama don't raise my taxes. But this is just a dream. Thats what I say I'd dp if I won the lottery. who really knows what I'd do. most likely something stupid like blow it on a 10 million supper dupper computer. or buy something that I really dont need or would never use.myself I am more they kind of guy that is not really happy with a lot of money. too much to worry about. I mean there so many scammers around that look for lottery winners just to try and scam them out of a few bucks. who needs it? not me

I would start by giving 10%, yes a million, to the church in the form of half a million to the Salvation Army and then to other organizations including my home church.After that I would travel to Germany.
Certainly there are the things everyone else would do such as buying a nice car (Something 4WD and an Mach 1 Mustang precisely) and a new computer (Mac). Also, taking of care of family would be a priority.

Beyond that there are other, odder things I would set out to accomplish that are probably not on the usual list. One of those would be to make a movie. I would also spend a good amount of time learning those things I want to learn. I would learn a variety of martial arts from where I could with the resources. As well I would endeavor to attend a traditional art school some where or seek tutors where ever. When in others countries I would do my best to learn languages as well.

I like your answer a lot! I think it's great you will be donating to your religion! Of course I agree with you buying a mac. Great choice.

That is a very good question. Myself I would give some to the church as well. then unlike some winners of a lottery I would invest say 5 mil in a good 401K that would leave me 4 mil so with that I could pay all my bills maybe take a trip to some far off land that I know I will never see. and with the remainder? bank it and live off the interest. That is if Obama don't raise my taxes.
But this is just a dream. Thats what I say I'd dp if I won the lottery. who really knows what I'd do. most likely something stupid like blow it on a 10 million supper dupper computer. or buy something that I really dont need or would never use.

myself I am more they kind of guy that is not really happy with a lot of money. too much to worry about. I mean there so many scammers around that look for lottery winners just to try and scam them out of a few bucks. who needs it? not me

I agree, but wouldn't you just buy from regular stores? I would never buy from off the street. Again, I think you life style is smart!

I would firstly check the validity of the promotion, for example searching if there have been reports of scams coming from the company, such as on websites about 419 scams...But seriously, I don't know what I'd do with those millions of dollars. Heck, I don't think I can do anything with them until I'm 18 ^_^Maybe I'd donate some to Xisto? :lol:

Probably buy a new PC and put the rest on a savings accounts till I'm old enough to buy a house and a car and that kind of stuff.But 10 m in a lottery in our country is like a SUPER jackpot lol. Unlike USA where it's normal to have such huge prizes in a lottery..

I would, of course go on a spending spree, get the best computer I could find etc. But then I would put the majority of it in a good bank, 5% interest on $10M = $500,000 PA. No more work, etc.After a couple of years when I had earned some interest off the moeny, I owuld give a fair amount to charity, and keep donating every years, so that I would have enough in savings to still earn good interest off it.

I understand form what I am hearing (or looking) that it would be hard to decide without ever having it. Yes, I agree. It's so interesting seeing what others would do with it!

Buy all the things I have been hankering after (which doesn't amount to a lot. Im not a big spender).Buy private apartment for myself and parents.Give my parents 1 million each and they can do whatever they want with it.Donate 5% of what I'm left with to charity.Then probably start a business with the rest of the money. It's dangerous to invest money these days. brr...

I would put 9 m to bank with the rest I would a) buy my mum a house. classic one! :lol::D Take a world tour of fishing with the best equipments available AND travel around the world doing all kinda crazy stuff. After 1-4 years when my traveling is over, I would move somewhere warm cuz I'm freezing out here in Finland. I would stop working and retire, I wouldn't buy much stuff because experiences are more precious than objects even tho I would build up a computer out of best components ever made ^_^ . After a few years I would take more money out of the bank and take another world tour and stay longer in places this time and continue the tour till I'm dead.

Edited by baniboy (see edit history)

I would pay down my mums loans and perhaps my dads if he do not manage. :lol: I would pay down my sisters and closest family members loans, and take my mum on a wonderful holiday far far away from Norway. I would shop like crazy; online and in stores. I would buy a new camera - and of course I would put most of the money if the bank so I can save them for my future. I would buy a new pair of skis and pay someone to create my beloved blog. (It is probably never going to be finished.)Maybe, just maybe I would donate something to charity... that would be to either Brazil, Bangladesh or some good organization in Norway. I am actually kind of selfish so if I won 10 millions I would probably keep most of it myself.

Hmmm...I will start a small Software & Security Development Center. And I will start developing a great Open Source Antivirus software and build a great community for it. So, this community will keep building daily updates and new versons of the software. And my company will take care of this process. Its one of my dream to build a company for security solutions. I will serve lots of people online with my security solutions. :lol:

I was surprised only to notice one person mentioned investing. lol :lol: From my post I didn't mention too much of what I would do so...My first act of business would be buying an expensive apartment in Chicago. From there I would buy the new macbook pro. Then I wold buy my own shared hosting account from some host. And last of the luxuries I would start my own shared hosting company. Simple as that. 10% would go to charity, and of course different expenses. ^_^

The reason why you haven't heard any investing ideas is because most instant-millionaires don't know what to do with that exorbitant amount of money, nor know what to do to keep it to themselves.If you read up on a lot of articles about millionaires that snagged their fortunes through the lottery, you'll read that most people squandered it off and actually lived rather miserable lives, during and post-winnings. Money changes things. Sometimes it even changes people. And we can say what we want to say, but for the most part, a lot of our winnings can drive us to poor choices and eventual bankruptcy if we're not careful.If I won the lottery, I would throw a good chunk of it into a high-yield savings account... let's say a majority of it. With the remainder of the funds, I would go out and purchase a modest, two-story Dutch Colonial style home on a decent piece of land (20+ acres). I would pay off my car, purchase one for the significant other outright, and make some purchases that I've been wanting, other than the furnishings and the goods to the new house (like a nice home theatre system, furniture, etc.) like a mid-range to near-new-tech laptop or desktop computer, games, movies, etc. After all of that is said and done, I would donate thousands to charities of my choosing, and help out friends and family with SMALL grants over periods of time with the interest gained through savings. I would still be working, but whether I remain full time or actually work part-time to spend time with the kids and the girl will probably be something of a possibility. As far as a lifestyle goes, I will still try to remain as frugal as I've been (with the exception of the moderate spending on luxuries before unavailabe to me).Then again, give me $10 million and see how closely I remain with these outlines of a plan that I have put out here. :lol:

The reason why you haven't heard any investing ideas is because most instant-millionaires don't know what to do with that exorbitant amount of money, nor know what to do to keep it to themselves.
If you read up on a lot of articles about millionaires that snagged their fortunes through the lottery, you'll read that most people squandered it off and actually lived rather miserable lives, during and post-winnings. Money changes things. Sometimes it even changes people. And we can say what we want to say, but for the most part, a lot of our winnings can drive us to poor choices and eventual bankruptcy if we're not careful.

If I won the lottery, I would throw a good chunk of it into a high-yield savings account... let's say a majority of it. With the remainder of the funds, I would go out and purchase a modest, two-story Dutch Colonial style home on a decent piece of land (20+ acres). I would pay off my car, purchase one for the significant other outright, and make some purchases that I've been wanting, other than the furnishings and the goods to the new house (like a nice home theatre system, furniture, etc.) like a mid-range to near-new-tech laptop or desktop computer, games, movies, etc. After all of that is said and done, I would donate thousands to charities of my choosing, and help out friends and family with SMALL grants over periods of time with the interest gained through savings. I would still be working, but whether I remain full time or actually work part-time to spend time with the kids and the girl will probably be something of a possibility. As far as a lifestyle goes, I will still try to remain as frugal as I've been (with the exception of the moderate spending on luxuries before unavailabe to me).

Then again, give me $10 million and see how closely I remain with these outlines of a plan that I have put out here. :lol:

Yah, you never know! Like many wise people say: "you just don't know 'till it happens."