xisto Community
Ruben

Flight Simulator X

i don't have it but i know its a great game. it is the best most realistic flying simulator in the world. yes google earth has its own flight simulator but it can not nearly match the experience on flight simulator X.

I can't ever confess to ever playing it. It always seemed like too much money. Is it worth buying? Can you give us some good and bad things about it? Would be interested to hear a little bit more about it.

Well, I love it. Then again it might be weird that I enjoy flying. lol Anyway, it's worth every cent. There is so much to do, you can fly online with real controllers, or just crash into a plain near your town. I'm even part of a virtual airline. So many opportunities, i'll tel you that.

If you need more info, you can visit a forum all about it: Flight Simulator X Forums

I had an early version of FS many years ago. I would take any high altitude jet and achieve it's highest altitude, pause and change my plane to an X-2. Now I would throttle up and aim toward a star straight up. Eventually I would lose complete control as the air was so thin. Fuel was gone. Gaining control again was nearly impossible. I was never able to re-enter and land successively. 

-reply by Artfuleye

throttles and brakesFlight Simulator X

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge with us.I was a bit frustrated after buying FSX until I came across this tutorial yesterday and have tried it.The only problem I have is that as soon as I pull the throttle to taxi, the plane moves very fast without me able to taxi slowly and the brakes don't seem to do me any good.I use a saitek 8AR joystick.What is the technique to control speed on the runway?

-reply by Donald kalley