xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

To Park Or Not To Park, That Is The Question

I have a website that is on major search engines and ranked quite high for some keywords, and I'm getting a few TLDs soon. Should I park the new domains to the current site, or should I have one be the main site?If you are wondering what the site is, it is in my sig, and the keywords that I searched for are 'disturbed message board'

You could park as many as you want as you can purchase a few parked domains in the hosting package, but you develop your network a lot better if you use them as add-on domains and build websites from there.

I didn't understand your question exactly. Are you worrying about search engine rankings if you park new domains to your site? If your old domain is a TLD and the domain name is good then leave it. If it is subdomain then park a new domain and 301 redirect(permanent) the subdomain to your new Top Leve Domain. 301 redirection is one of the SEO techniques for parking new domains. So, your new domain will be indexed and added to search engine rankings quickly. :lol: If this is not what you want then please post your question more clearly.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

i don't really understand your question. but good website and yeah the search response is pretty good so good luck with the site.so can you rephrase the question or something cos i don't understand the question at all lol. :lol:

I want both domains to show up in search engines, but because I have a forum I can't have both domains have the files (the SQL database can only be hooked up to one URL). How do I get the domain that doesn't have the files get shown up by a search engine in the results.

You want to add on the domain then have it redirect to your main domain, but remember though you won't get as many results from that second domain as you would with the first unless you build a complete website for it.