xisto Community
Baniboy

Baniboy Is In The House! Introduction

Hi, I'm a 14y old kid from Helsinki, Finland(A land in Scandinavia). I found this site linked from another website (http://www.absolutely-free-hosting.com/) and registered here. I play drums and go a lot outdoors fishing and stuff. I'm also interested of making a website for anyone who can speak/read Finnish to share my knowlage and opinions. I'm not very experienced in webhosting and I chose this site because it was the only one that offered forums, chat and a lot other features without ads and over 500 mb webspace. The only coding I have learned so far is xhtml/css and a little bit off javascript, I would also like to know if php is worth learning to make dynamic website or should I learn java or something else. My programming skills are ZERO and honestly I just don't have time to learn too complicated things. I'm good at physics and chemistry and I also like biology. I hope this isn't considered spam even if this is quite short post.Best wishes,Baniboy

Hey Welcome to the Forums, I take Chemistry and Physics too (6th Form College)

Anyway You'll like it here. There are plenty of Helpful members if you get stuck, you said your making a website.

Xisto.com is tranferring to the new MyCent system, basically when you post your post will be turned into a no of Mycent depending on the quality and when you reach 100 mycent that is converted into a Dollar which can be spent on any Xisto - Web Hosting service from domain registration to Hosting.

To Sign up for this service visit: Xisto - Support.com/billing Be sure to sign up with the same email you used here or it won't work.

Few more things. The README you will want to read

There is also some posts that may be of use to you. <1> <2> <3> They are just short Q/A which will expand apon what I've said.

Lastly Remember that good quality posts are want (No One Liners and to Abide by the ToS)

Hope to see you around
Kobra - England

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

Welcome to the forums! I don't think you are completely delegate because: you know css, and xhtml. Many don't know that yet. lol Again welcome, and have a great stay.

Hello baniboy and welcome to Xisto!

Come on, you do not have to tell us that Finland is a land in Scandinavia. :lol: I am Scandinavian too as I am from Bergen, Norway. (Many people would only consider Sweden, Norway and Denmark as a part of Scandinavia as the language in Finland is not similar to ours. We are not able to communicate with you guys by speaking our own language if you do not speak Swedish... as some parts of Finland do, right?) I absolutely love when we get new members here that are from "my area" - if you know what I mean.

Others have already filled you in with the basic info, so I will not repeat it. All I can do is to welcome you once again, wish you good luck and assure you that your introduction post is not considered as spam. ^_^ A fairly okay post if I may say so.

N?hd??n my?hemmin!

Your country neighbour, Bluebear, Norway.

Hello baniboy....welcome to the best free hosting service ever....do everything that kobra500 posted. Nice to see that you've already got some xhtml skills. Don't worry about programming. We're here to help you... I am a programmer also...so post your doubts. I'll clear tham all :lol: . Anyway....enjoy your stay here.......

Thank you for your replies, you were very helpful. And bluebear, I didn't mean to offend you, it's just because many people around the world haven't even heard of Finland. Everyone over 16 years old in Finland can speak swedish as it's being studied in schools, and there are finnish people who speak swedish as their mother language in Finland. And I also registered in Xisto - Support.com but I haven't go any mycents yet. And does the hosting happen via Xisto - Web Hosting or from Xisto? Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for your replies, you were very helpful. And bluebear, I didn't mean to offend you, it's just because many people around the world haven't even heard of Finland. Everyone over 16 years old in Finland can speak swedish as it's being studied in schools, and there are finnish people who speak swedish as their mother language in Finland. And I also registered in Xisto - Support.com but I haven't go any mycents yet. And does the hosting happen via Xisto - Web Hosting or from Xisto? Thanks for all your help!

You must make more than 5 posts and wait a few hours before myCENTs are counted to your account. 

BTW, have a nice time around these forums and good luck with getting mycents :lol:

Bye

Hello baniboy Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

Since everybody has beaten me to it filling you in, I guess that is all there is left to do.

But if you still need them, you can use the links just above my sig to learn all about Trap 17.

Naah, you did not offend me. I thought it was funny. ^_^ As you kind of speak Swedish I suppose you would understand some Norwegian too? :angry:

Naah, du fornćrmet meg ikke. Jeg syntes det var morsomt. :D Siden du pĺ en mĺte snakker Svensk sĺ mistenker jeg at du forstĺr litt Norsk ogsĺ? :lol:

Naah, you did not offend me. I thought it was funny. ^_^ As you kind of speak Swedish I suppose you would understand some Norwegian too? :angry:
Naah, du fornćrmet meg ikke. Jeg syntes det var morsomt. :D Siden du pĺ en mĺte snakker Svensk sĺ mistenker jeg at du forstĺr litt Norsk ogsĺ? :lol:

Still 1 more year left of studying swedish and it will still go on till univercity after the "normal" school finishes, I noticed that some of swedish a-letters turn into e am I right?
I got some kind of sence out of it since they are so similar. Jeg is the swedish jag which means "I" right?
Det var trevligt att träffa dig. Thats all I could squeeze out of my tired brains.

I understand Swedish very well, so at least I will understand you then. :lol: Yes, the Norwegian "jeg" or "eg" is the same as the Swedish "jag." "Ikke" is the same as "inte"... I think. Jeg syntes det var flott ? treffe deg ogs?. Lykke til her p? forumet!

hello baniboy! hope you enjoy Xisto and the free hosting. there are many helpful members out there who can help you if you are confused. there is the Xisto readme which is a must read. just don't spam and write good quality posts. try not to post one -liners. while they are not strictly forbidden if they are counted as spam then you will get a warning and two many of those and you could get your account banned. but i'm sure you'll do well and post great posts and earn heaps of myCent!