xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbez

Shot Online This could go inRPG or Sport

Shot online? A completely different game to what you?re expecting from the title, like a book being named ?Pocket Massage for Stress Relief? being less about surreptitious masturbation and more about a small book of yoga tricks. When I first saw this title I thought ?Great, a free rip-off of Tabula Rasa?, with all due enthusiasm and decided to download it, before prematurely condemning it to the same hell as Knight online and any other free MMO that leaves me wanting. But there we go, ?free?, so no harm in giving it a ?shot?.What first struck me as odd were the lack of weaponry on the homepage and the surplus of golfing equipment. And that?s where I felt like I had been mislead into a game I didn?t want to play, like a bass looking at that brightly coloured bait and thinking ?Lunch?. And what?s more this isn?t just golf; this is ?sexy?, interesting golf, with women wearing tube tops and mini-skirts, rather than the prognostic, comical clothing that comes hand in hand with golf like fat people and sweets. Even the men seem to have had a professional stylist, but I digress.After the initial shock due to the change of game, I casually registered to ?Game Campus?, the game designers? for young people. The download only took approximately 15 minutes, even with my irritatingly slow 2 megabyte internet connection and, being the pessimist I am, I didn?t think ?Good, it only took 15 minutes?, I thought ?Oh great a sure sign for bad graphics and maybe even poor game play?. So after a short install, I took a deep breath and double clicked the oversized golf ball placed upon my desktop? updates. With the updates taking longer than the install, you would think that Game Campus would have updated the client to ease the pain of thumb twiddling for the people that didn?t play it from the start.When I got into the game I realized that this wasn?t actually your run of the mill golf game, meaning it can?t just be replicated in a flash game on Miniclip. This game actually had some sort of thought and grind involved, it was after all an MMORPG. I found the game rather addictive and, whilst it shows no real longevity, it includes features such as guilds, stats, leveling and equipment. But I get the feeling that this game is one of those, ?If you spend money on this ?free? game you get the best stuff?. But this claimed to be a free game and I was damn well determined to keep it that way.However, there is more than one thing to do in Shot online, such as a driving range, putting practice and? Well, so it is essentially a golf game and the only thing to do is golf but that?s why you download it, to play golf. You don?t have to be a fan of golf to play this game or even play golf as its game play is that of reactions and made so even a chimp could make par. At best this game is unimaginative but it has that certain shine to it that stop me hating it any more than I hate paying for games.