xisto Community
OpaQue

Everything About Mycents - Your Virtual Money myCENTS : Credit System 3.0 point system

myCENTS

1. What is Mycents ?

We havea point system called "myCENT" where each myCENT represents 1 American "cent". The goal is to make good posts by participating in debates/topics at our forums and gather 100 myCENTs. Every time you cross 100, your myCENTs will be converted to US Dollar and deposited into Xisto - Support.com Billing/Shopping area.

You earn myCENTS by posting in our forums.

2. How can they help me ?

After collecting myCents, they get converted to US dollars in our Billing/Shopping area. These funds can be used to buy any of our products as if you are paying by real cash / credit card.

3. What do I have to do start earning Mycents?

You have to post at our forums.Signup at our Shopping Area, this is the area where your earnings (myCENTS) from forum participation will be deposited. This money can be used to buy any of our products at Xisto - Web Hosting.com using myCENTS. You are not required to have any credit-card and there is no age limit.

4. Is mycents exactly like credit system? If not what is the difference?

Credit System or Credits was the name given to our previous point system. This new version points are called "myCENTS". This is to avoid confusion and to make the new system clear to understand.

5. Can I transfer mycents to other members?

No. Presently, this is not allowed.

6. When can I see mycents updating in my account?

This can take anywhere between 4-12 hours. This takes time as we have to do series of calculations in the back-end which are executed by a script at regular intervals to prevent any heavy load. Therefore, We request members to be patient while their myCents are updated.

7. Where can i see mycents?

You can check your myCENTS along side your topic replies/forum posts. They are also visible to you in your profile page.

8. Can anyone see my current myCENTS?

Yes, People can see your myCENTS. However, they are not allowed to see your TOTAL EARNINGS. This is visible only to Forum Staff and Administrator.

9. Will my credits reduce on a daily basis?

Unlike Credits, MyCENTS do not reduce. Instead, they get converted to US Dollars and are deposited in your Xisto - Support.com billing area. Here, the funds are debited automatically when you have any invoices generated for the active services you are using presently. Cancelled services do not bill and do not generate invoices. Hence, the excess of Credits/US Dollars you earn can be used to pay invoices generated in future. Therefore, you can secure your hosting for years to come using myCENTS.

10. Why should the email addresses remain the same ?

This is a security feature of our system and it requires that the user maintains the same e-mail address for Xisto.com, Xisto.com and Xisto - Support.com. Edited by moderator (see edit history)

Cool post, thanks very much cause this cleared many of my questions, but I have another one: I created account on Xisto with the same e-mail address but I haven't posted anything. Will the myCENT's earned in there go to my Xisto - Support.com/billing account??Thanks

Cool post, thanks very much cause this cleared many of my questions, but I have another one: I created account on Xisto with the same e-mail address but I haven't posted anything. Will the myCENT's earned in there go to my Xisto - Support.com/billing account??
Thanks

Yes, Mycents earned at Xisto forums and Xisto forums are calculated separately and deposited in your common linked Billing Account.

It should be added that it takes at least 5 posts after registering for myCent's to kick in and that is for both old and new members as well.

Just a side note for people who don't know.Right after you post, the myCENTs don't show up right away, it takes about 30 minutes for them to update in your postbit (about 5 minutes on Xisto).

It might take more then 30 minutes. It took a couple of ours once for me to appear. Anyway, thanks for the post Oqaque. I'm really liking this new mycredits system.

have read all of these topics but no place is said of how to register for mysents. Someone please add the link

okay here is a question with this mycents, after a posting is made and submitted, on the right side of the page you see how earned and then you see in red $can someone please tell me and maybe others of this? I have kind of figured out that the Earned is the true amout but the other amount is what I am curious of.Thanks

okay here is a question with this mycents,

after a posting is made and submitted, on the right side of the page you see how earned and then you see in red $

can someone please tell me and maybe others of this? I have kind of figured out that the Earned is the true amout but the other amount is what I am curious of.

Thanks

I don't exactly understand what you asked.....but I am assuming this.....you are seeing $ with some amount and something like myCents: 64.19 in red color, below your name. And you don't know what these represent. Right?

If so....those amount with myCent:64.19 is the amount of myCents you earned with your posts. This amount will be calculated as per your posts, usually after every 4 to 5 hours. Once you cross 100 myCents $1 will be added to your xisto account. For example it will appear like this Earned:$11.85. This is the total balance you have in your xisto account.

If this is not what you asked, please ask your question clearly.

Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Oh, wow OpaQue you have been working hard! :lol: I currently have $0.00 at the moment. :D I'll get posting again. ^_^Btw, How come people get READY(100) etc?-Sky

Btw, How come people get READY(100) etc?

When you have over 100 myCENTs, they are converted into $1 to spend on hosting etc. The READY means that you are ready to have those myCENTs converted to a dollar, and they will do when the script next runs. To cut down on server load, I think it runs once an hour, but to a maximum of once per member per day.

Thanks for clearing this up for me. Though I am a little confused.I have have about 180 myCENTS in my account now and for over a week its been there. It hasn't yet moved to my account. Is it just really slow..?