xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aerox82

Rate My Site Please?

So about 2 months ago i decided that i wanted to make a website, i could't come up with an idea but after much thinking, and well after a while i decided i wanted to make a website with a lot of source snippets that people can use whenever they need, for any reason they might need it. So i made WebCodeBase.com, and now i am wondering what i can do to attract more users to come to this website.

So, any suggestions will be accepted, and i will do everything i can do to fix the website.

Webcodebase.com - Online Source snippets Database

I really like itIt's very clean and it looks like you know what you're doing.Sometimes simple is the best. I guess the only thing is that you don't have much imagesIn my opinion. When I go to a website with alot of text and no image what so ever. I just close it. But that's just me. I'm still unsure if this website is even suitable for images anyway. So , so far i can only say its pretty good =]

So about 2 months ago i decided that i wanted to make a website, i could't come up with an idea but after much thinking, and well after a while i decided i wanted to make a website with a lot of source snippets that people can use whenever they need, for any reason they might need it. So i made WebCodeBase.com, and now i am wondering what i can do to attract more users to come to this website.
So, any suggestions will be accepted, and i will do everything i can do to fix the website.

Nice clean look and it loads quickly, good job!

I would have to disagree and the reason being is that using blog software to display code snippets and that you should set up more of a tutorial like website with more detail about the code snippets. Since you lack any detail except for what the code does in each of your posts and the website seems a bit plain even the template looks clean and organize odds are you could do more with it over time.

I agree, I think you should explain the code further, since a lot of people looking for code snippets aren't very good at programming so it helps them if you explain what each part does.I like the layout of the site a lot, one thing that might just personally be annoying for me is the banner at the top... it looks kinda cheap like a banner from one of those domain name placeholder ad sites. That might just be me though. Otherwise, I like how clean the layout is.

Well i kinda liked the idea that you are trying to have a clean look but are sure you're using the right font?

The "register" and "forgotten password" links are too small plus the overall appearance of the font on the front page did not please me.

Please do find a logo mate!

I would also advise you to have a a few more latest news articles on the right than just two. Visitors want to know what it is that is happening and if its of any interest to them than to browse through your sections.

Overall if im to be frank: 3.5/10

I'd have to say that I reckon a few of these reviews seem a bit harsh in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the site is clearly not perfect (and what sites are?), but I reckon the combination of TLD and idea of the site - along with the fact that there's something on there already, whereas often projects end up fading quickly - this certainly has a lot of potential. My real question would have to be about what sort of user you're trying to appeal to most: the casual developer, who wants to quickly and easily add some sort of additional functionality (or whatever) to their site without really caring how it works; the lazy coder, who could probably do something similar, if not the same, given a bit of time but can't really be bothered to make it, most likely due to more of a lack of understanding of programming than time; or the newbie programmer, who's trying to cobble together a site and wants to read through your snippets and work out how they work.

Sure, you could take the blunderbuss approach and aim for all three, but I'm sure you'll end up picking one as a speciality in the end. One question I forgot to ask is about the registration idea. I assume people register in order to submit their own snippets? I haven't got time right now to trawl through the site, so sadly will have to make do with what I remember seeing there, but I can't for the life of me remember seeing mention of a user's name in reference to any of the snippets. Do users get credit for the code they submit? It does really only seem fair. Do feel free to correct me if this statement is wrong, though.

Overall, I'd have to say the site's got great potential, just make sure you utilise it to the full if you can. Also, I notice you've got ads at the very bottom of the screen? Someone with more experience of advertising could probably talk about monetising your site in more detail, but aren't GoogleAds...what are they callled...pay per click? If no one clicks the ads, you don't get paid? Probably not a bad scheme at the moment, but I'd likely suggest having a marginally more "active" advertising scheme if you plan on making any actual cash. Not necessarily now, while your site's still developing, but eventually it might not be a bad idea...

Other than that, I'd have to say I agree with africa in general tweaking of the site. A logo is a must, and a bit of fine tuning is definitely needed with some of the fonts. Still, I'll be a bit more generous and say that, as an amateur coder, your site's certainly something that could be very useful to people and give it a 5/10 at the moment, with easy potential to be a 6 or 7 if the pages are smartened up a bit and given a bit more of a professional edge...personal opinion, only, of course. :)

I really like the idea of your site. It would really help people looking to add useful features to their site but aren't skilled enough to code it themselves.As alot of people have said perhaps further explanation of the codes is required because some of the people wouldn't know how to use the codes you've provided. (Although I see you have "comments" enabled so they could probably ask questions there if they didn't understand)The layout is clean and well organized but a logo is important and some of the font sizes are a bit irregular. The headings of your "updates" in the sidebar are almost as big as your website title. Some minor tweaking of these issues would make the site look cleaner.A search function would probably be useful too :)Still I think the idea of the site is really cool and it could really take off if you keep it up!

Its simple i like it but it realy depends on you, you could put more pic and details but thats your decision. :P In my point of view its good and i also

think you know what your doing. :P somtimes simple is best :P

There is a few problems that I find with it such as the light grey background, try something a couple of notches up form #CCCCCC, it will look better. THe font in the login box looks really misplaced and the header is a little to thin. Otherwise, I would rate your site about 9/10, but because of those few problems, I will give it a 6/10

well I will say this of your site.As for design I will give it a 5 out of 10Navigating around 8 out of 10loading speed 8 out 10over all 6 out of 10As for the design, White background? I dont think so. Reminds me of a pop up add you see on some websites

I think you design very useful website. Your website loads faster.It is useful for website beginners like me . You have to add more useful tips .