xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Earhart

Help With Converting To Mp4 For My Ipod?

Yesterday I downloaded Moyea video converter to convert swf (flash) files to mp4 for my iPod. The converter works fine and the videos come out in excellent quality when I try playing them on my iTunes, but when I put them on my iPod it only played audio and showed a black screen.

Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Theres another converter that goes by the name Xilisoft MP4 converter. I personally use it to convert videos for my PSP.. Works great. The good thing about this player : Highly efficient, can convert from any format , you can also customize different video and audio settings separately(i dont know if any of the above player has that, generally its like when you change the some other settings the audio changes accordingly.)The bad thing : Its not free :lol:NEways.. Do try it.

Are you sure you are exporting the video with the correct dimensions for your iPod?

I believe the problem is that you are converting it to an audio file (.mp4). What you need to convert it to is MPEG4. That's a video file.http://ww2.media-convert.net/rg-erdr.php?_rpo=t can do it if your software can't.

mp4 is MPEG4. It is just another way of writing it.

MP4 is basically a container. You can define the various options for the type of Audio and Video in it. If you put something wrong, you end up with a screwed up file. NEways the problem with Earhart is , probably the screen size has been defined wrong or may be the fps speed is wrong. In any case if he uses a better tried option like Xilisoft or ImToo .. That might help. oh.. and for iPod it uses H.264 .. I guess. Pls correct me if I am wrong It could be that the converting software might have used a Divx or something else.. thats how it played on the iTunes and not on iPod :lol: