xisto Community
joeblogg

Favorite Genre Of Movie what will it be?

Favorite genre of movie  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

what is your favorite genre of movie. if you've seen some of my other posts you will realise my favorite genre is horror. lets see which is the most popular type of movie!

Hmmm...you forgot one genre....Unfortunately that 's my favourite :lol: It is Sci-Fi (Science Fiction). I like these science fiction movies like Deep Impact, StarWars, Independance Day and more...verymuch. And I have same preference for Action movies. And The Matrix trilogy is my all time favourite of this genre. As per your list, Action is my favourite.

Well to be honest I can't stand horror and yes it's partially because most of it scares me. The only scary movie I would watch is the Scary Movie Series. As you might of guessed I love comedy and it's even tastier when mixed some good action.Favourite actors would have to be Jim Carey, Steve Carell and someone else who is on the tip of tongue just can't remember. These are comedian type actors most of the time so yes love Comedy. I love the action too, just would rather a laugh most of the time! :lol:

I am more into Sci-Fi, Fantasy as you miss these two out from the list. Animated feature is also a genre you miss out. Sci-Fi movies with some realism works for me. Sci-Fi movies like blade runner, 5'th Element is my top favorites. Waterworld have good plot but slightly badly executed.

horror is the best because it is the most interesting to watch. i think comedy is best for tv like friends and two and a half men. for movies action can get a bit repetitive and so can sci-fi. The best sci-fi movie is the Alien series which is pretty good but they don't make any good ones now a days. but horror keeps on coming - in small amounts but it still keeps coming.

I also noticed you missed Sci-Fi, which is one of my two favorites(other one is Action), since I just love the special effects in those kinds of movies. Especially the newer Sci-Fi movies. And after you've watched a movie that has things in it that could never happen or been seen in real, you can dream about them or at least have some fun with them in your fantasy :)As for action, I don't know. Like most guys I think it's just cool to see things explode, people fight each other, car chases and shooting.

Out of the choices given, I think I like Action movies the most. But Sci-fi does come close!My favorite action movie (if you could call it that) is The Scorpion King. Things about Egypt are very much on my top favorites list! But, Blood and Chocolate comes second, and I guess you could say that it is considered Sci-fi--Dog Soldiers is my next pick out of that one! :)

yes i'm sorry guys i forgot to include sci-fi. how could i have forgotten? the alien series!!!!!!if sci-fi was included in the poll it would have probably been coming second or maybe first. so sci-fi is pretty popular huh?how come no-one voted for adult? :)

Oops, accidentally clicked 'Adult' *headdesk* :D Not what i meant to click though... oh well. Since you didn't have a 'Docu-Drama' option... that would probably be my pick. ( I like stories based on real life events, especially psychological thrillers. my absolute favorites in this category would include films like Ordinary People, Doubt, & Speak.. ) I'm also into comedies.. examples : Smiley face, Pineapple Express, & Rolemodels.. and films based on fantasy/imagination ... Bridge to Terabithia, Mirrormask, The Nightmare Before Christmas, & Fantasia just to name a few.<---- film buff extraordinaire! :D

Edited by gummybear (see edit history)

what is your favorite genre of movie. if you've seen some of my other posts you will realise my favorite genre is horror. lets see which is the most popular type of movie!

Action is definately my pick. I can really enjoy a movie that captures my attention and holds me to my chair until my kidneys burst!

Well I would have to agree with alot of others I like scifi alot But I also love horror movies, so i'm torn between the two I guess it comes down to what kind of mood i'm in is how I determine what I want to watch at that time. Anyway I definately voted for horror out of your list.

Comedy and adult, most of the time when i'm watching alone. When i'm with friends, horror and romance/drama when i'm watching with my mom :PSo basicly, just comedy :)

I like Horror movies the best. Preferably movies like old Dracula and Frankenstein. Black and white is the best for me. It is definitely the bestatmospheric mood setter for me.

I like horror, the ones that contain urban myth. Candyman 1 and 2 were not bad. The Blair Witch project was interesting, id enjoy it more if it had some historical basis brought in, to complement the way the story is told. I remember hearing stories of people throwing up in cinema's because they believed the "footage" to be true, that's still funny. If "Spawn the movie" was centered more on their graphic novels then their comics, that would be my ultimate movie.