xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Barack Obama The Next President Of The Us

It is Official Barack Obama has become the 44th President of the United States of America and also is the first African-American President as well and just like Abraham Lincoln, Obama has made history not only in the United States of American but the world. Now the question will be what will the first African-American President be like in the first 100 days in office and of course his first four years as president.Projections are projections but when you have big lead like Obama does, especially winning the big states such as Ohio, Florida, California, and all of New England as well, and now hopefully Obama will fix all the mistakes Bush has made across the world and I hope Obama gets rid of those connected with Bush as well.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

yes he won i think this is a big step for the US and i know and hope that this will inspire a lot of people, and even though i support obama i hope he brings the US in the right direction like he said he would.

Hooray. Obama won. I was kind of expecting that since the majority of the votes from other sources stated that Obama would win. Heh. Let's hope Obama will be able to "fix" all the mistakes the former President had made.The first African-American President ever. How interesting this will be.

Congratulations to the US I guess, well done. Good new President. When does he get signed in? I heard it is sometime in 2009?

20th january i think A200, from what i heard on hte live news last night :lol:I live in the Uk but the coverage has been amazing, every news paper, news show, news site had info on the campaigns and now the results are in the airwaves are like electric! Headlines everywhere! So far my opinion of america has been this: (in general obviously) moronic, slack jawed idiots who fail to realize their decline in popularity, becoming one of the most hated countries in the world (trust me, its true) But now that the american public have woken up and elected a man ready to change that i think America will become a lot more popular, Bush has been ridiculed by the press and everyone else but Obama can be the man to change america i think and change Americans too and now the world opinions of America will change. So congrats America!

I agree I am very happy Obama won I voted for him, now the scary part is I really hope he does not get asassinated, They have already arrested people with weapons that stated they were going to. He seems like a good man and I hope he gets a chance to prove it to everyone. I hope I wasnt out of line with saying that but it is a major concern. Anyway I cant wait until he is finally in office and Bush is out!

Yeh i think security for obama is going to be a huge thing, people didnt like bush, that is true, but those that didnt like him were generally the intelligent ones and so wouldnt go so far as to shoot him. The ones that dont like Obama are going to be idiots, gun lovers and hard core racists, all 3 are likely to try to shoot him.I noticed he had the bullet proof glass either side of him when he done his speech (i think its bullet proof glass right? We dont use that in the UK lol we are more rational when it comes to guns!)

I really wonder how Obama will turn out to be as a president. I also hope that can fix Bush his mistakes. It might also be nice if he helped the economy a bit. Obama seems like a good man so I think he'll be a fine president. Oh well, time will tell I guess.

Well, the Election is over. I hope the choices made turn out to be good ones. I know that the rest of the World thinks Obama was the right choice for America. Canadians, for example, voted 72% in favour on one straw poll I saw. I am looking forward to seeing the results of electing a more progressive President.Remember that the President does not have a "magic wand" of sorts, and that these are troubled times for America, so don't expect the President-elect to fix things in a hurry. The Executive works with the Congress and the Senate to manage the situations.It helps when all three are controlled by the same party, but the Opposition gets its say, too.Certainly the Economic issues need attention first in order to allow the States to continue its efforts in the various regions of the world. In spite of the attention received by their Iraq and Afghanistan mobilizations, the US's contributions around the world are needed. The Aids efforts in Africa, the Congo is about to explode, there are so many ways the USA can contribute Internationally towards the betterment of many individuals. Yet, there are still many efforts to be made at Home.Good Luck to Obama and God Bless America.

Congratulations to the US I guess, well done. Good new President. When does he get signed in? I heard it is sometime in 2009?

January 20th 2009 is the inauguration, which is completely unlike most other countries in the world. Obama should be in office as of now.

Not to stereotype any particular nationalities here, but has anyone else noticed how the US elections are easily the most publicised and in the general media? Basically everyone knows who the current US president is at any given time, and there is a huge swathe of media attention devoted to keeping an eye on US elections in countries that don't have the reverse attention of the US.For example, I'd certainly expect almost every UK citizen to realise that there has been elections going on in the US, and to recognise which of the two candidates won. I highly doubt that the converse is true, though...for those US dwellers who'd like to prove me wrong:Without consulting any other sources other than your own personal knowledge, when was the last election in the UK? Who is our current prime minister? Which political party are they a part of?Sure, I've no doubt that some of you certainly do pay attention to politics outside of the US, but after watching a few videos of the sort of scale to which the US turn out and how enthusiastic they get, I suppose it is no wonder many of you find our political system as dull and confusing as a brown paper bag with no opening...I know I do, and I live here!

January 20th 2009 is the inauguration, which is completely unlike most other countries in the world. Obama should be in office as of now.

Yup america does have a weird system, here in the UK for example the new PM is put into office very quickly, i dont know the exact figures but probably a couple of days, give the old one a chance to move out :lol: (cant wait to get rid of brown, mark my words, the next general election brown is OUT! Yay!)

Plus the opposition doesnt get a say, we have the house of commons and such where laws are passed which has people from all sides but if the PM says taxes are going up then taxes are going up! etc... The opposition are just there to make things harder for the PM!

Plus i think the American election has been a media stunt as well, here in the UK the candidates would go around trying to earn votes but not on the scale of the Americans, theres no need! In the UK most people know who they are voting for from day one and id say we're hard to convince otherwise!

Methinks that if we get a new government in Iran, Uk, America, Iraq and the EU is destroyed (the union, not the countries) then the world will be a much better place. At the moment the US and UK are causing a lot of problems in the world, and that is due to our leaders, once that changes Iraq will be safer, in turn making the rest of the world safer as extremism slowly declines, the end result being a calmer world with happier people, all the money that is being spent on war could go to aid efforts at home and abroad (i mean Ł9b+ ($18bn+) for the freaking olympics?! We dont even want the olympics! They are going to build a huge stadium and village, then destroy it all, and build hoses on the site... imagine how many houses/flats could be built for 9bn!!!!! Jeez.... not to mention the economic situation... 9bn would be VERY helpful.... Oh and let us not forget they stole money from the national lottery that would usually go to helping charities and kids schools etc....)

So a new world order is what we need! and as David Cameron suggested (leader of the UK opposition) when will the UK see a change like America is having? Obama is a step forward, Cameron is a step forward, 2 steps forward into a new world is what we all need. From there democracy can take over the world and everyone will have their say!

Obama did well to overcome the hurdles and he deserves a long term in office (provided hes good) and it should spark interest in the young for politics (i myself am only 19 but the elections kept me awake for a while until i saw Obama having almost twice as many electoral votes ^_^)

Yup america does have a weird system, here in the UK for example the new PM is put into office very quickly, i dont know the exact figures but probably a couple of days, give the old one a chance to move out :angry: (cant wait to get rid of brown, mark my words, the next general election brown is OUT! Yay!)
Plus the opposition doesnt get a say, we have the house of commons and such where laws are passed which has people from all sides but if the PM says taxes are going up then taxes are going up! etc... The opposition are just there to make things harder for the PM!

Plus i think the American election has been a media stunt as well, here in the UK the candidates would go around trying to earn votes but not on the scale of the Americans, theres no need! In the UK most people know who they are voting for from day one and id say we're hard to convince otherwise!

Methinks that if we get a new government in Iran, Uk, America, Iraq and the EU is destroyed (the union, not the countries) then the world will be a much better place. At the moment the US and UK are causing a lot of problems in the world, and that is due to our leaders, once that changes Iraq will be safer, in turn making the rest of the world safer as extremism slowly declines, the end result being a calmer world with happier people, all the money that is being spent on war could go to aid efforts at home and abroad (i mean Ł9b+ ($18bn+) for the freaking olympics?! We dont even want the olympics! They are going to build a huge stadium and village, then destroy it all, and build hoses on the site... imagine how many houses/flats could be built for 9bn!!!!! Jeez.... not to mention the economic situation... 9bn would be VERY helpful.... Oh and let us not forget they stole money from the national lottery that would usually go to helping charities and kids schools etc....)

So a new world order is what we need! and as David Cameron suggested (leader of the UK opposition) when will the UK see a change like America is having? Obama is a step forward, Cameron is a step forward, 2 steps forward into a new world is what we all need. From there democracy can take over the world and everyone will have their say!

Obama did well to overcome the hurdles and he deserves a long term in office (provided hes good) and it should spark interest in the young for politics (i myself am only 19 but the elections kept me awake for a while until i saw Obama having almost twice as many electoral votes :lol: )

Good to see a fellow UK student feeling the same way. ^_^

Interestingly, a mini-survey I just did of those in my kitchen shows that:

1) they all knew there was a US election, despite none of them having access to a TV or newspapers (or at least not reading newspapers);
2) they all knew who the new president is;
3) they all think that the US political system is over-hyped;

Not bad, really...especially considering that none of them study anything to do with politics (and one of them just woke up...at 4pm! :D ) and none of them are overly enthusiastic about political systems.

Awww, this is so great! Not because I am such a politic person, but that Obama is elected for president is progress and it shows change. He has some huge cases on his hand, and now the big task for him would be to prove to the people that he is actually worthy for the job. The US plays a big role on the earth, and when they select a new president it is everywhere! Literally! Today we had a huge discussion on sosial-studies class regarding this election. Our teacher is a supporter of McCain (?), and as the rest of the class adores Obama you can just imagine how that turned out. We will just have to wait and see if he copes with the tasks, who knows how this will turn out? He is the first afro-american president in the US and even though that really should not affect anything in politics and in live in general - it does. The press cover of the election was/is amazing... we are actually working on tasks regarding it at school right now, that is kind of crazy. Anyway congratulations United States of America!

Good to see a fellow UK student feeling the same way. :lol:
Interestingly, a mini-survey I just did of those in my kitchen shows that:

1) they all knew there was a US election, despite none of them having access to a TV or newspapers (or at least not reading newspapers);
2) they all knew who the new president is;
3) they all think that the US political system is over-hyped;

Not bad, really...especially considering that none of them study anything to do with politics (and one of them just woke up...at 4pm! ^_^ ) and none of them are overly enthusiastic about political systems.

I completely agree that our political process is over-hyped. The media in this country is absolutely insane. There was an election in Canada right before ours, and most people in this country weren't even aware of it because they were doing things like digging up dirt on Joe the Plumber or staring at Sarah Palin's thighs.