xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Which Came First The Chicken Or The Egg?

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

yes yes yes. this question again. which came first? the chicken or the egg. i'd say the egg first because it seems to make a little more sense but neither of them do when you think about it.

Lol, CHICKEN came first~!! The chicken came from an egg....OMG, THE EGG CAME FIRST~!! The egg came from a CHICKEN~!! OMG~!! You got me confused.....[edit]I did some thinking and it clicked~!! THE EGG CAME FIRST~!! A gift from god~!!

Edited by Tran-Gate (see edit history)

I always argue that the chicken came first because it took the chicken to lay the egg. By those who have asked me this question i've answered in that way, and, after they thought about it, they agreed with me. To me it makes sense.

Arkkk... I could try answer this quesions and spend hours thinking about it.. not that I would :lol:

Really, the question probably should be, Which came first The Chicken, The Egg or the Rooster, because without a Rooster there could not prossibly be a fertilised egg to produce the chicken. With that said I'd have to say The Chickn and the Rooster came first... although it depends how many eggs there are. If theres just the one egg, even if its a female or male, the species would be pretty much dead because it wouldn't have a partner to mate with. So the question could also be, Which came first The Chicken, Two Eggs or The Rooster. And if that was the case, I'd say the Two Eggs. Only if they were opposite sexes though.. otherwise.. it'd probably be The Chicken.. though only if theres a Rooster...

Heh ^_^

Chickens come from eggs, which are laid by chickens. But were there always chickens? No. There was a form of life before chickens that laid eggs which hatched to bring us chickens, so technically some form of 'proto-chicken' came first. Hence, the chicken came first. While this is an intriguing question, it's not something I usually think about when I'm getting wings at Quaker Steak & Lube.

egg. because the animal who laid the egg that would become a chicken would be a hairs breadth off being a chicken. ah, the glory of evolution

QFT - seriously, this is the basic argument I would use. Assuming the question was "what came first, the chicken or the chicken egg?" to get rid of those ridiculous answers of "the egg, it was a dinosaur egg!", it had to be the egg. The first chicken came from an egg. Fact. What laid this egg? The mother of the first chicken, of course.
"But what did that chicken come f..." It's at this point I'm going to stop you mid sentence. It's rude, I know, but it's a ridiculous argument. Assuming you agree with the theory of evolution, there is a combination of small mutations in an organism's DNA and the mix of the parents' DNA which results in a new species being born. If you don't believe in evolution (for whatever reason, despite all of the evidence there is for it), and hold some religious idea in your head about intelligent design (or somesuch, I'm not particularly well-versed in what arguments religions use against evolution, but that's for a different thread) then you're not really up to answering this question. :lol:

Chickens come from eggs, which are laid by chickens. But were there always chickens? No. There was a form of life before chickens that laid eggs which hatched to bring us chickens, so technically some form of 'proto-chicken' came first. Hence, the chicken came first. While this is an intriguing question, it's not something I usually think about when I'm getting wings at Quaker Steak & Lube.

I hereby approve of the phrase "proto-chicken". Definitely a great word, made me laugh when I read it. ^_^

I think they came at the same time, as the chicken would have gradually evolved, through natural selection etc. With species becoming more and more like chickens gradually. So i think the egg would come first if you mean the exact chicken as we know it.

Lolz, till now ,nobody can give the answer. but for me , i think chicken came first.You know why ? Because if egg come first, then no chicken gonna sitting on egg. am i right ?so , is possible chicken came first

First Chicken came from Noah's ark.. then it laid Egg.

Nice try, OpaQue, but where did that chicken come from? :lol:

On a relevant but different note, how's the theory of intelligent design going for you US folks in terms of it being taught as a "valid" theory in school? Quite frankly it amazes me that the education system let the church get away it. No offence to any of you who do in fact believe in the idea, but I just don't buy it, or even that it could be remotely true. Evidence wins in today's scientific community, which gives evolution an edge over "God created the chicken and the egg..."

I believe but don't take my word for it, that it has been proven scientifically that the egg came first, what layed the egg the pre-evolution of a chicken. and so on right back to cells on a meteor