xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
varalu

Financial Crisis

Check the below link. It tells you how the world financial crisis is impacting the IT industry.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Guess what? In few days, there will be a new tab called "Project Allowance" in the salary slip, which will be half the CTC and will be paid only if you are actually working in a project. So... idle in bench (actually exploited by the company) and being paid fully may not be the case in the future. :lol:.

Note: This information is true in India and may or may not be applicable in other countries.

Well it kind fo makes sense for the economy of a company. They hate paying you for working, let alone if you have nothing to do at that particular point in time. There never really was such a thing as a "safe" job anyway, this just lets people know that.I would much rather work for myself. That way i only get paid if i do something and I don't have to kowtow to a "boss". Actually I AM the boss! I think the attitude I have will be caused by companies adopting this newfangled approach. People like to FEEL THEY ARE UNDER AN "UMBRELLA" (SCUSE CAPS) (scuse caps again - that keeps happening because I don't watch the screen while I type and i really can't be bothered to delete what I wrote in caps and rewrite it back in lower case. I can, strangely be bothered to write out this whole explanation as to why I have written some words randomly in capitals). I digress... the whole pay per project idea is more akin to contract work, which is the direction many companies are going these days anyway. They want no liability for thany employees so just hire contractors to get the work done. That way when theres a quiet period you dont have to keep forking out salary for Joe Bloggs to sit at his desk commenting on articles posted on digg, reddit or mixx, which is just as boring as work if you do it long enough.So was this idea a result of the financial crisis that everyone is talking themselves into? The solution to the financial crisis is for everyoe to turn off their televisions and sack the fear spreading journalists.Dont believe the hype.