xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Someone

Dns what with that, how to..??

Where should I change this dns if I register uni.cc domain, and if I change this mean that domain.trap17.com will not work? Then will I need to change all paths in forum an portal? I really don't know how with that, please explainthanks

Ok, let me help you!First, in order to make DNS work... please make the nameservers for uni.cc be ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.comAfter you finish that, save it.You might have to wait for 2 days until you can go on to the next step!To make sure your domain has progergated, please go to the domain you registered. It should display a xisto site (if it doesn't, you might have to wait another few days)When IT DOES display the xisto site, go to cpanel in Xisto, and go to parked domains. Add the domain you registered (for example, type "example.uni.cc") After a few minutes, your domain should work fine and you can redirect mail, and so forth!NOTE: uni.cc does not support DNS until FEB 2nd. Unless you registered your domain before NOV of the year 2004, you might not get the DNS feature until FEB 2nd.However, please do not worry, because you can get DNS at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (it's also easier and faster!)To get your DNS at cjb.net, please go to that site, and register for your domain! (Remember to choose the DNS service). Please enter the IP address of Xisto (which is 69.50.188.18). After that, your domain should work INSTANTLY. Go to cpanel and add it to your parked domains, and your domain will work very fast, unlike uni.ccHowever, the last choice is up to you, whatever you do. If you need more help, please reply!(A reputation would be helpful, but not mandatory!)

Ok, let me help you!

First, in order to make DNS work... please make the nameservers for

uni.cc be ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com

After you finish that, save it.

You might have to wait for 2 days until you can go on to the next step!

To make sure your domain has progergated, please go to the domain you registered. It should display a xisto site (if it doesn't, you might have to wait another few days)

When IT DOES display the xisto site, go to cpanel in Xisto, and go to parked domains. Add the domain you registered (for example, type "example.uni.cc") After a few minutes, your domain should work fine and you can redirect mail, and so forth!

NOTE: uni.cc does not support DNS until FEB 2nd. Unless you registered your domain before NOV of the year 2004, you might not get the DNS feature until FEB 2nd.

However, please do not worry, because you can get DNS at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (it's also easier and faster!)

To get your DNS at cjb.net, please go to that site, and register for your domain! (Remember to choose the DNS service). Please enter the IP address of Xisto (which is 69.50.188.18). After that, your domain should work INSTANTLY. Go to cpanel and add it to your parked domains, and your domain will work very fast, unlike uni.cc

However, the last choice is up to you, whatever you do. If you need more help, please reply!

(A reputation would be helpful, but not mandatory!)

43096[/snapback]

There is:

enter you ip adrress, this mean trap ip ?

I entered trap ip adrress and this is the meessage

wait for few minutes

The DNS record for smartportal.cjb.net has been updated to point to 69.50.188.18.

Also I need

Mail Server

DNS Server (I have entered ns1.trap17.com)

Please help

thanks

You do not require Mail Server and DNS serverYou can easily set up mail in Cpanel in the add - remove accounts! Just set it at the right domain!Ok, here's how you do it:1.) Login to Cpanel2.) Click on "Add / Remove E-mail account(s)"3.) Click "Add Account"4.) Enter your desired email name5.) From the dropdown menu, choose "smartportal.cjb.net"6.) Enter your desired password (recommend you do it at home because it does not mask it and will be recorded in the cache! If you HAVE TO do it in a public area, remember to NOT use a common password for all your accounts (such as hotmail and such). Use a temporary password such as "password45" and change it at home!7.) Click "Create"Also, your mailservers of the domain should be "mail.smartportal.cjb.net" if you want to set up POP3 redirection!Thank you!If you require more help, please reply! If your question is solved, great!Best Regards,Johnny

This is not piece of my question but this piece is great :P Thanks for that :P I have solved "problems" with dns there are no hard part :P everything is worked just when I have write IP , cjb.net is really god is fast and so but I must register info domain :D it's nicer than cjb. net because is not free B) I like .tk domain more, is short but visitors think, free domain!? oh this site sucks :D

For any domain, you must use the proper DNS servers and IP or else your site will still not work properly or the domain will not work. If your domain offers redirection, don't use it, because if you buy a domain, most likely you would use it for DNS and email! Of course, there are some exceptions, and I've saw those!*cough* now just click on that nice little plus on my account beside the word "Reputation!" (nah... I'm kidding! I like helping people!)