xisto Community
King-Squad

Internet Browsers

I was surfing the internet and found two internet browsers that i think are much better then Internet Explorer because of quality and options. The two browsers are are called Avant Browser and Mozilla Firefox. I was just wondering if anyone has come across or used either one of these browsers and if they would recommend them.

a friend of mine refered me to it but i kept getting anoyed because it would never save the plug-ins that i downloaded. I have found Avant browser to be better but then again, almost anything is better than Internet Explorer. Plus it saves all of your open pages in the bottom for quick reference. :P

Yeah. A lot of people here use Firefox. And when it comes to browsershells (or whatever you call them) for IE, I think Maxthon works much nicer. I never quite got into Avant. Both Maxthon and Avant are basically the same as IE, but with a tweaked interface and some extra functions. They both have the same rendering and security problems IE proper has.

I dont think i have ever heard of Maxthon. If you could send me a link for the download i would really appreciate it. Ive been searching for different browsers that really fit my needs of web surfing and someting tat is fast. I am always willing to try a new browser. If you could send me a link or just a reference to a site tha thas it i would be very greatful. :P

Dear King-Squad,

You could also make google search for it. Anyway, the link for maxthon is http://www.maxthon.com/. You can read a lot of threads in this forum about browsers and the conclusion is that Firefox is best. But if you want to test yourself than go for it. But I am sure Firefox will win in the end.

i use mozilla firefox and hate crappy IE ive never heard of that other browser but i dunno......................i dont think ive found a flaw in Firefox yet and that makes me and the world veryhappy i love the themes and all the different stuff you can change and customize its just a great browser.

I use both Internet Explorer, and FireFox...the only reason I still use Internet Explorer for some things is that FireFox has errors or cant load some sites properlyOnce Firefox is completly web friendly and so on I would completly uninstall Internet Explorer because it would serve no purpose. But sadly I still need it to open certain sites that FireFox cannot. Luckly I use ZoneAlarms and have various other security programs that will prevent any viruses or anything coming through the dreaded Internet Explorer. :P

I use both Internet Explorer, and FireFox...the only reason I still use Internet Explorer for some things is that FireFox has errors or cant load some sites properly

umm,,about internet browser i use IE and maxthon usually.what all you referd,FireFox,i did like to have a try just now.the FireFox has shortcoming and little error though,i will install one to check it...in my opinion,if you donot use apple pc,that is to say,dont use mac os,IE is great enough.

Yes i use firefox on my linux operating system. Firefox i have to say is much better than IE but most people dont take some time to go and take a look at it. Windows is too much favored and people dont consider other options. If linux or someone else wants to get peoples attention they have to start going public right away. I still use IE on one of my computers just incase anything happens to linux or anything else. I do like linux alot more and i think everyone should try it to see for themselves.

in my opinion,if you donot use apple pc,that is to say,dont use mac os,IE is great enough.

Okay, to be honest I didn't really understand what you are saying, but I'm guessing you meant something like this: "In my opinion IE is good enough, unless you are using Mac OS, in which case IE isn't good enough."

If that is what you meant, I agree with the mac bit. If you have Mac OSX, you can use Safari, which is an excellent browser. I'll go as far as to say that if you are running Mac OSX there's is hardly any reason at all not to use Safari.