xisto Community
kplow1986

Which Browser Not Easily Attack By Virus Or Spyware ? need powerful browser

Nowdays, i can not get away from viruses,spyware and adware.very hate it and headache. i always keep my computer reinstalling, not bcoz i m hardwork in maintain computer but my computer always infected by viruses,spyware and so on.i trying to get browser which protected against viruses,spyware and adware. using IE6 now.i heard people IE is worst browser in the world, hacker love it.so , i need some expert opinion how to choose best browser.THank..

The list of available Browsers which are all better at meeting the W3C Standards and more secure than IE6 would include Opera, Firefox 3, Internet Explorer 7 and 8, and Google Chrome. Google Chrome 'sandboxes' the page so it can not attacked by virii, and if something goes wrong, only that one page is affected. Firefox 3 includes pop-up protection and I think the others do as well.

Usually FireFox and Opera are the best browsers because they have very active development team and you'll see a new update available for every one month or so. Espicially FireFox is the Open Source browser and has very active team with thousands of members who are trying to find and fix bugs. So, it turns out to be one of the secure browser available.And these browsers, for example Opera has a feature called fraud protection. When you visit a website with potentially harmful content, it will tell you that and asks your permission to browse that site or not. Google also providing same feature for Firefox. Thus these browsers will give you some protection.But regardless of these browsers you must have an Antivirus and Firewall installed. They will give the best protection.They are must have softwares if you are using Internet. I suggest you Avira Antivirus Free and Ashampoo firewall. They are free. Download and install them if you haven't already. :lol:

I would suggest obtaining a copy of an updated version of an Anti-Virus and Firewall no matter which type of Internet Browser software you choose to use. I also suggest you learn how to be smart online, so as not to be tricked by frauds such as phishing or a scam disguised as an attractive looking advertisement.That being said however, there are more secure alternatives to using Internet Explorer 6. Personally I use Firefox 3 (the latest version. Keep up with the updates to fix all known security vulnerabilities from the older versions) as it has many features such as pop up blockers, and you can also download additional plugins for Firefox to enhance your browsing experience. You can also, however, use other free Internet Browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera, as they function similarly.

Usually when you install Windows, you come with IE6 and thats why it's so popular, sometimes IE7 comes like an update, well usually.. So people after some time will move to IE7..Personally, I am using Opera, even though the new Opera is a little bit buggy on my system, don't know why, sometimes the screen gets black and you need to change the tab or something, but the new Opera since 9.5 is much faster than 9.2, thats is why I'm using it, even though I started using Firefox too since the stable version of FF3, it also got optimized and now works much faster for me too while browsing the web.. before that I was using Firefox just to test different webdesign issues..On Linux I usually also use Opera, Firefox and Konqueror.. never really used Safari to much and on Windows it really is crap, I don't really use Google chrome too, just to test some webpages, because it's using Webkit engine.. :lol:So I guess any browser is much safer than IE6, it's just your choice to choose which you like, because most of them aren't so bad now ^_^

Your choices are Firefox, Opera, and Google Chrome if you want to switch from IE6 (which you should!)

However it isn't just your browser - like HyBriD says, it's important to be smart online. No web-browser is going to stop you from downloading a virus, so it's important to be careful about what files you download. It's also important that you have anti-virus programs and a firewall in place. I suggest you download Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware? and an anti-virus program to help secure your computer.

It is not really about the browser, heck you could run Mosaic the first browser ever made, just as long as you know what websites are bad and properly secure your computer then you will be fine. Of course, to beat the dead horse on this topic, like everyone else any current, stable browser will give you the protection you need with the exception of IE 8 and sadly Chrome due to their beta status.

Well firefox is quite reliable, but the browser in not the main protection factor. Make sure you run an antivirus with real time protection, and run a firewall. These to things, make it very dificult for anything to infect your computer, or to compromise it.If you visit sites you know to have viruses, try a proxy server.

I've found that I often get hit by a virus using Internetexplorer 6 or 7.Firefox is much different though.I don'trecall having been hit by a virus while using it and don't know why. I won't complain about that though.If only Firefox wasn't sosluggish though,but it's far from a perfect world anyway.

Another thing to note (because I've already commented here :)) is that Chrome has a blacklist of websites which it checks all websites you visit against. Viewing websites that may be harmful to your computer pops up (or rather shows) a message of the potential for malware, and so if you're the type of person to unknowingly go to these types of websites and receive viruses, then Chrome can help you lessen the chance of becoming infected.

Another thing to note (because I've already commented here :)) is that Chrome has a blacklist of websites which it checks all websites you visit against. Viewing websites that may be harmful to your computer pops up (or rather shows) a message of the potential for malware, and so if you're the type of person to unknowingly go to these types of websites and receive viruses, then Chrome can help you lessen the chance of becoming infected.

I too already posted in this topic, but I'm posting here to remind you that Opera and Firefox have the same features. :D
Of course, Firefox's warnings are supported by Google(blacklist maintained by Google). But Opera is maintaining its own blacklist (with the colloboration of some security company) and named it as Fraud protection. Please check my post above :)
Edited by xpress (see edit history)

just like most of the people have been saying it doesn't really start with the browser. first of all you need to stop going to "bad" websites that's the main problem you should install "McAfee SiteAdvisor" (i know it works for IE and FF). then you definitely need to get an anti virus and an anti spyware ( i have avast and windows defender) also get a firewall (if you want to stick with windows firewall you can but it's not the best). then you should get rid of IE6 you should upgrade to IE7; or if you want to, switch to another browser.

I don't know how you guys can trust Blacklist & Fishing filters. I know i've seen spywares bypassed by many spywares and taken over FF & Opera. I think phishtank from OpenDNS have more URL's in the list than google but still even though we do something about site filtering, nothing is enough. Some Spyware do manage to get away from some domains. Some people do think that posting Domains on forums/or internet get attacked by Internet spam bots but it is absolutely wrong. Spammers access domain names list from registrars and they don't need to crawl forums/blogs for it.. But if you get your site out of google index/never posted URL on blogs/forums, and enabled akismet on your blog you can see within few days they can find you. So there is no such thing as Spammers can't find you.Now coming back to topic on browser, Opera even though maintains black list, Spy ware ".armadrax" able to bypass it. Test the same spy ware with Firefox and you can see that even it is bypassed from those site advisor list. Google chrome also maintains such site advisory list, but recently site called origional-search.com attached to that browser. So you can't trust site-filters for long time. There are some spywares attach themselves to Toolbars so try and avoid those toolbars.

Edited by mahesh2k (see edit history)

I don't know how you guys can trust Blacklist & Fishing filters. I know i've seen spywares bypassed by many spywares and taken over FF & Opera.
Now coming back to topic on browser, Opera even though maintains black list, Spy ware ".armadrax" able to bypass it. Test the same spy ware with Firefox and you can see that even it is bypassed from those site advisor list. Google chrome also maintains such site advisory list, but recently site called origional-search.com attached to that browser. So you can't trust site-filters for long time. There are some spywares attach themselves to Toolbars so try and avoid those toolbars.

There is no way I rely on these Fraud Protection and Fishing warnings of browsers. Even, I am very interested in accessing these sites to check which type of spyware or scripting virus it has. My Antivirus catch these and show me the warning with the names and small description of these viruses :P And yes, I had received a virus found dialog for almost all these sites my Opera marked as Fraud.

And also these will be useful for some very basic users who don't know anything about these type of malware. May be these warnings will guide them to stay away from these malicious sites. So, Fraud Protection is atleast useful for the inexperienced.

And I agree there are many spywares that can bypass this protection. So, a fully functional Antivirus is a must for all to protect somehow(keeping the fact in mind that no antivirus is perfect :P ). And a good suggestion from you. Stay away from browser toolbars. They act as backdoor for most of these attacks. And don't install any un-necessary plugins and addons for browsers. :P

I don't know how you guys can trust Blacklist & Fishing filters. I know i've seen spywares bypassed by many spywares and taken over FF & Opera.

The same argument can be said for anti-malware programs, so how can you trust them? In fact, a program doesn't even have to be malicious in order to act like a malicious program. That's known as "unstable" software—"use at your own risk" software. No human is omniscient where they are able to prevent an attack before it occurs. You can't fully depend on any software for protection. The main advantage that other browsers have over Internet Explorer is that Internet Explorer is integrated into the system. In fact, you can switch from Internet Explorer to Windows Explorer, and vice versa, simply by changing paths (or URLs)—that is, from a URL to a path on your file system. I remember a problem that a family member had where they could not access, nor open anything in, the Windows Control Panel. How did i fix it? I opened up Internet Explorer and hit an option that allowed me to reset Internet Explorer's settings. Wow! i have to say. The solution was so simple (though totally out of the range of common sense—i mean, how does it follow that the settings of Internet Explorer can affect the Control Panel and its programs?). Talk about integration.

Now, Konqueror is known to be a browser with file-managment capabilities. However, though you can switch from browser mode to file manager mode, it is not in any way integrated with the system as Internet Explorer is. If Konqueror gets corrupt, it won't mess up KDE nor the system. In fact, you don't even have to have it installed on the system. I've heard about many people try to get rid of Internet Explorer on their systems, only to have their Windows system become unstable afterwards. So, no matter the education or arguments for Internet Explorer, it will always be the case that using another browser is the safer bet, though a bet it may still be. At least with these browsers you have a more active development than Internet Explorer, meaning bugs are generally fixed faster than Internet Explorer.