xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

Disturbed Message Board

http://www.disturbedmb.com/

I need help because I have a few active members, and search engines have visited my site, but so far I haven't gotten any hits in search engines. Also what do you think I could do to make my site look better?

I will get a TLD once I get enough MyCENTs, and I have one coming from another place.
Edited by willielwgg (see edit history)

It's called SEO, search engine optimisation. Your site is new, and isn't ranked high in the search engines, and regardless disturbed is a popular band and therefore is going to put your site down in the depths, another thing is very few people sign up for band forums ect.don't expect many hits a month. your idea is just drowned out by all the others, there is a very good seo blog with free tips, i think its "seohosting.com" but i might be wrong.

SEO- SMF doesn't have any MODs that help SEO, they say it is already optimized :lol: I don't believe them.The reason why I created it was the official Message Boards (there were two) closed down, one had 5,000 members (and you had to pay to join) and almost 500,000 posts. I'm trying to beat the odds, and be like that Message Board. The other one had about 100,000 posts.Another problem that I'm facing is MSN ranks me high, #1 (http://www.bing.com/search?q=disturbed+message+board&FORM=MSNH11&mkt=en-us)But Google doesn't rank me at all.I will look into SEO blogs. Thanks for the suggestion!

I was mistaken, i assumed because of the popularity you would be drowned out of the search, are you sure that you have signed up for google, give their spiders a chance to look through your forum.

Another problem that I'm facing is MSN ranks me high, #1 (http://www.bing.com/search?q=disturbed+message+board&FORM=MSNH11&mkt=en-us)But Google doesn't rank me at all.

the reason why google hasn't ranked you is because google is such a big search engine. msn isn't as big so they accept more sites that have hardly any traffic up their in their ranks. oh and how about other search engines like yahoo, aol and stuff they might get you up there as well.

Thanks. I now have a domain, and once the site is a bit older (Google doesn't like new sites), it will help boost me up. I haven't checked since the new domain, but I don't think I'm high in Yahoo yet.Right now I'm just working on getting the posts up, so there will be a lot more to index.

Ok, I have added a full fansite, and the domain now goes to a splash page. Do you think I made the right decision? I want the site to be equally based on the message board, and fansite, and didn't know how to do it anyway else.Comments welcome :D

i can see you have made some really remarkable changes!!i like the banner and who customised smf for you? it looks really nice and if i was a fan i'd join up but im not :)im glad to hear your seo efforts are paying off, i which you all the best man.