xisto Community
Ruben

Hi, I'm New

Everyone,I'm Ruben. I don't know why, but I like cPanel. It all started when my Virtual Airline got a forum from one of the members. Yes, I do know I am a nerd. lol :lol: I was very interested in it all of the sudden. After searching for about 30 minutes I found what kind of forum it was. Being truthful, it said SMF in the banner. ^_^ I googled them and found the download button. When I first downloaded it, I was not the brightest with cpanel, forums, etc. I looked in the file and found the install file. I double clicked on that for a while until I figured out I was getting nowhere. I am usually the one who goes to the directions right away, but for some reason, not this time. As you can imagine, I looked at the directions thinking, "there is no way I can do this", so I just moved on and made a website with some free web-host. The web-host I used had a free built in forum, so I activated it. It was cool and all, but it just didn't meet my standards. I posted a topic in their support forum asking how to put a legend of the mods and admins. They replied, "there isn't a possible way. If you want a good forum you should try phpBB." Then I went on to phpBB. Yes, we are actually getting somewhere with this story. This time I had a good attitude to get this done. On my laptop in California I read the instructions and low and behold, 45 minutes later the site was up. That is the basic story of how I got in to all of this stuff, and why I am now here. I am here to have a good host. :D

Haha, hey Ruben. I love your amusing little intro. It tells a lot about yourself. I love people who get inspired and work hard for what they want. And then they ignore the strangeness of their desires and fight for what they want despite that. If you ever need help, you can always ask me. I think I could set up a phpbb forum for you in a couple of minutes. No charge at all, of course. I figured I'd tell you a few things i was confused about when i first started out:-myCents is set up automatically when you post 5 times (the next day). -myCents updates are not instant, but there is a delay (this is on purpose)-Don't have to sign up at xisto until you want to get your hosting-You need 25 cents worth of mycents to add to your xisto accountI'll add more as I think of them. :lol:

Edited by 1ngame (see edit history)

Thank you. No problem on the phpBB, I can now set it up in a few minutes. Just look how far we can go. Also, I have moved on to MyBB. I like it better. Again, thanks for the details. I'm glad you told me.

Welcome to the world of trapsters Ruben. :lol:

You are (kind of) just like me! I always give up when I can not manage whatever I was trying to do, and I always choose the easy option... except that you are maybe actually going somewhere. Xisto is a good place to start; good host, nice community etc.. We have just started with a new system here at Trap (not completely started with it yet) and as I am kind of confused (I am used to the old system.) it would be easier just to read about it yourself. the help topic is also a great place to read and learn.

You seem like a good poster, good introduction. Please do not write (too many) one-liners as they are considered as spam - and we do not like spam do we? ^_^

I am sure you will fit right in here, so enjoy your stay!

From Bluebear, Norway.

Ok, I might have to stretch this so it is not spam. Its not that I give up at everything, its just that if something is out of my way, I wont' do it. For example, if I see something that interests me like making a web browser, and then I read the instructions, I might think, "this is way too complicated for me, and move on." I don't think of it as giving up, I think of it as, "I am not going to waste all my time on something that will take up time that I need." Make sense? I don't want people treating me like that. By all means I don't want to be rude! I very much appreciate your welcome. I am just saying this from past experiences in different forums. Thanks, Ruben

Hello ruben, and welcome to the Xisto.

Have you signed up for your Billing Account yet? http://forums.xisto.com/topic/61592-credit-system-v30-online-resolved-free-web-hosting-domains-dedicated-ip-digital-certificate-managed/page-2#entry412333
Also, unlike most other Forums, please do not 'sign-off' your postings. Instead, please add the information to your Signature Block in the User Control Panel. Look under MyControls from the top nav bar.

Hi Ruben. Welcome to Xisto. You'll definitely get good hosting here. Not only that, you'll also get good community here. Nice introduction. Post your problems and our community will help you. I'm sure, your searching for good hosting ends here. All the best for your project

Thanks everyone! I'm getting very tense every time I type a message. I hope I don't get banned. :lol: I appreciate all of your advice, and will make sure to try all of it.

Thanks everyone! I'm getting very tense every time I type a message. I hope I don't get banned. :D I appreciate all of your advice, and will make sure to try all of it.

Hey why tension? Be free to post anything here. :lol: This is a very friendly community. Banning is very very rare here, and you won't be banned for silly reasons. Post anything that interests you except spamming and affiliates. You can ask any doubt you have...and many members like me are here to help you. Come post and be part of our community. ^_^ You'll surely enjoy posting here...

Welcome Ruben to Xisto. I liked your introduction you wrote there. We are all glad you are here and I'm sure you'll love Xisto. It is by far the best free host I have ever been to and trust me I have been to a ton of free hosts. Right now we are ungoing a change in the way you get free hosting so be sure to read the announcements and such to get you up to speed. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. Welcome aboard :lol:

Hello Ruben Posted Image and welcome to Trap 17 from Mich in Michigan, USA.

Nice introduction! Although most of it is way over my head. :lol: as I am somewhat computer illiterate. I drive people around here up a wall asking so many (what seem like stupid) questions to most. But, then, a question isn't stupid if you don't know wthe answer. The people here at Trap 17 are very helpful and friendly; even to someone like me. :D

Enjoy your stay with us, and I hope it lasts a while. ^_^

Thanks everyone! I'm getting very tense every time I type a message. I hope I don't get banned. ^_^ I appreciate all of your advice, and will make sure to try all of it.

You are not in peril and the staff will not ban you for writing a few one-liners. Come on, I have did it myself several times. The point is to not write post that have no content, meaning or anything at all. I am sure you will do GREAT here; loved your nice introduction. :lol: Do not be afraid of your posting.

If you want to say "thank you", you don't have to leave a one-liner explaining that. Just use the snazzy little green cross button on the bottom-right of a comment and that person will receive a thank-you "sticker". If you have more to say than just a simple thanks, by all means, post it. The moderators won't mind if you say a couple lines here or there if a reply doesn't require too much, they're mostly going to try and stop people from going around these forums saying stupid stuff like, "I totally agree with you on that" to the most random things. They're just trying to get a bunch of credits without putting any thought into posting.Oh, and WELCOME! This IS the best free hosting site on the planet as far as I know. I've looked at bajillions of sites and have not found anything close.

don't worry ruben. you can right a few short posts but just don't do to many of them. if you can write more then write more. give more detail and information. hope you will enjoy the forums and free hosting that is provided here at Xisto.