xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Get Microsoft Office Ultimate For $60

I nearly went :lol: and fainted at the same time but alas reality came in for what needs you to qualify for this awesome steal. First requirement is that you need to be a currently enrolled student (I am), and you need a email address that ends in .edu (which I don't have) and it would seem that if your alumni you can use your alumni email address to get this awesome steal.

So if your a student in a major university and you have a .edu email address you are golden and so just click here to get your $60 Office software.

I'm really glad my school offers this for free, we just sign up for it, and they give us a cd. It's an awesome deal there, though, the email part really brings it down though :x

If you can't afford Microsoft Office, use Openoffice. It opens all Microsoft Docs and lets you save to Microsoft format. The best part is that its free!

If you download the google pack, you get star office free with that, that is the paying version of open office, made by the same company; Sun. I found a similar type of deal at http://www.rm.com/products/rm-easiteach that seems to be selling adobe software very cheap, as well as MS office. CS4 masters collection is only �420! Of course, you do have to be in full time education.

I'm really glad my school offers this for free, we just sign up for it, and they give us a cd. It's an awesome deal there, though, the email part really brings it down though :x

Heck send me a CD I wouldn't mind getting Microsoft Office Ultimate for free :lol:,

If you can't afford Microsoft Office, use Openoffice. It opens all Microsoft Docs and lets you save to Microsoft format. The best part is that its free!

This topic isn't about what is better or what is free this topic is about letting people know that if they wanted to get Office Suite a lot cheaper that this is what this website and the offer is about.

According to United States Board of Education, they state that any one under the education system shall receive discounts on products that are essential to educator/student needs. This includes hardware and software, along with tax breaks on vehicle mileage etc etc.So it's no big news unless you never knew it before. And also the reason Microsoft has STUDENT version of Office *hint hint* The student version not only includes the essential programs for certain needs but when sold in retail stores it offers better value than standard or professional versions.Some education institution can provide at free of charge but some can only offer the direct manufacture discount. This depends on how the institution made an agreement with said particular manufacturer. Majority of State universities will offer either a direct or free software price and high discounted hardware price. Dell will accept student ID as part of discount as long as Dell can prove your eligibility and your school has a discount program. University of Connecticut offers free Symantec antivirus at no charge for all registered students. And in order to provide the campus wide safe computing, anyone connecting to school network must have the latest security updates. If not, it is prompted to upgrade before connecting to school's network. And it is said that this antivirus is free updates for life(?)As an alumni of my university, I receive all MS products at a flat price of $5 each. Any Adobe products at 60% discount rate. Any Dell or Gateway purchases I receive additional 30% discount on top of the sales price. And off topic, as a faculty member of my university I receive other discounts such as hotel, ticket and rental reservations. What lacks in paycheck for being an educator I would like to think that these perks make up for it.