xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jelly

Happy Halloween! 2008

Well, the day has finally come.I used to love Halloween so much when I was little, it was a great time for playing around. Eating candy all day, hah. Just going to go out with friends tonight for a party or something :lol:How are you going to spend your day?

Since almost no one celebrates Halloween in here ... but for me, i will just move on and treat it like my usual day.. hopefully there will be some outing later tonight :lol:

As far as I know, Halloween isn't anywhere near as big a deal in the UK as it is in the US (although there are a lot of companies snapping up on the massive potential profit), but being a first year university student, who has the students' union nightclub with the highest capacity in all of the UK literally a 5-10 minute walk away (or a lot more if you have to slow down to keep pace with the drunken friends around you - or if you are, indeed, one of those drunken friends), I think it's safe to say that I'll be taking part in a bit of Halloween-based festivity.Thanks to an early bit of celebration, though (namely Wednesday night) I won't be drinking any alcohol, and hence my planned costume of some form of monk...should be entertaining, to say the least. :lol:

I hate Halloween. More and more kids are doing it here, and frankly I am tired of it. We already have this thing around new-year where we go around in the neighbourhood, knock on houses, sing and relieve candy. If anyone comes to my house tonight I am going to throw a candle into their wigs.

Note to self don't go to Bluebear's house.Any way I am forced to go trick or treating because my parents don't want to take my brothers around so lucky me gets stuck having to walk them around. I use to not mind but it seems every year the candy gets smaller and smaller. I swear a few years ago I remember people giving out full candy bars and now they give out these microscopic pieces of candy. What makes it worse is I broke my ankle a month ago and because of cross country it hasn't got that much better so it makes walking from door to door even worse.To all others that are going have fun and be carefull. There's some weird people out there. Any ways Happy Halloween to everyone here at Xisto.Edit: YES! My mom is taking my brothers out for Halloween so I don't have to. I can just steal their candy later any way and this way I don't have to farther injury my broken ankle.

Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

Well, the day has finally come.
I used to love Halloween so much when I was little, it was a great time for playing around. Eating candy all day, hah. Just going to go out with friends tonight for a party or something ^_^

How are you going to spend your day?

Ahhh, Halloween! Reminds me of good stuffs. I remember going out with my friends with 2 big barbage bags hidden in my parent's car LOL! I would go in some rich areas and where there were many kids and get many candies and pass at least 2 times at the same door! (They would not remember, since sooo many kids were passing around!) So I had this pumpkin bag and they would put me candies in it, once its full, I go put the candies in a black huge garbage bad and then go back to doors and the peoples would say something like ''Awww poor little kid, not much candies eh?'' And they would insert me those huge Cofee Crisp (full bars) !! Good remembering xD

Have fun out there, but be careful... Don't hurt yourself or others.

This picture actually made my day LOL is it what you put in front of your house? hahaha Are those nasty green things candies? =D

Note to self don't go to Bluebear's house.
Any way I am forced to go trick or treating because my parents don't want to take my brothers around so lucky me gets stuck having to walk them around. I use to not mind but it seems every year the candy gets smaller and smaller. I swear a few years ago I remember people giving out full candy bars and now they give out these microscopic pieces of candy. What makes it worse is I broke my ankle a month ago and because of cross country it hasn't got that much better so it makes walking from door to door even worse.

To all others that are going have fun and be carefull. There's some weird people out there. Any ways Happy Halloween to everyone here at Xisto.

Yes, reading what he said, I totally agree with you. Seems like scary! Hope he don't put poison in candies :lol:

Nevertheless, happy Halloween everyone, stay safe, use preservatifs!! :D

Tim.

Note to mister above: I am not a he. People often make that mistake, so I am kind of used to it.

Note to mister above: I am not a he. People often make that mistake, so I am kind of used to it.

Hello,

My apology for my mistake. Won't happen anymore!

Tim.

Hmmm Halloween. I used to love it as a kid. I dont think my kids will ever get to experience Halloween as I did as a kid. We live in a very small town and we actually had Halloween last week on sunday. The town gets together and the kids have a parade and meet in town hall where they vote for the best costumes and then they go trick or treating during the day it is over by 4pm. And thats it. They are not allowed to dress up at school or anything. Actually today at school they celebrate Hoedown day where they dress western and take a field trip to go on a hay ride. But the kids seem to have fun and they loved trick or treating last week during the day, So that makes me happy because the most inportant thing to me is that they are happy. My young ones are 5 and 6. Anyway Happy Halloween to everyone, Have a great and SAFE night!

Not to be offensive.....Sorry....Make your name MsBluebear. =) Edited by Tran-Gate (see edit history)