xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deaths Aprentice

My Pc

Ok, this is what my PC is gonna look like:(I already have a monitor and a tower, but no feed yet)ASUS K8V Deluxe VIA K8T800 Socket 754 S/GLAN/SATA/FW/AGP: 109 euro(motherboard) - 302433 - AragornAMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939 FSB800 2,40 GHz 512KB cache: 309 euro(Processor) - 306493 - AragornDDR 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz: 80 euro(RAM) - 310476 - AragornDDR 256MB PC2700 DDR 333MHz: 42 euro(RAM) - 310472 - AragornMaxtor 80gb udma 133 7200 rpm liq: 57 euro(Harddisk) - ZercomSapphire Radeon 9600XT ATI 9600XT 128MB 8x AGP DVI / TV-OUT: 150 euro(Videocard) - 318171 - AragornATX Voeding Lownoise Aopen 300W: 35 euro(Power Supply + ventilator) - 324890 - Aragorn= 782 euroRate it :P

Yeah, I just found that mistake, heh.

I also found that the motherboard doesn't fit the processor :P.

If I'm not mistaking, a 939 socket processor doesn't fir on a 754 motherboard, right?

Anyway, this is the new preview:

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum nForce3 Ultra Socket 939 S/LAN/SATA/FW/AGP: 165 euro

(Motherboard) - 302607 - Aragorn

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Socket 939 FSB800 2,40 GHz 512KB cache: 309 euro

(Processor) - 306493 - Aragorn

DDR 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz: 80 euro

(RAM) - 310476 - Aragorn

DDR 256MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz: 42 euro

(RAM) - 310475 - Aragorn

Maxtor 80gb udma 133 7200 rpm liq: 57 euro

(Harddisk) - Zercom

Sapphire Radeon 9600XT ATI 9600XT 128MB 8x AGP DVI / TV-OUT: 150 euro

(videocard) - 318171 - Aragorn

ATX Voeding Lownoise Aopen 300W: 35 euro

(power supply) - 324890 - Aragorn

= 838 euro

If anyone sees any mistakes in this, or has any bad expierence combining these products, please[/] let me know! Thanks.

No, the sockest have to be the same...Looks like its going to turn out to be a good pc, I was going to buy an Athlon 64 but i got an Athlon XP instead, could not afford it at the time :PAnyway, my pc is screwed, its running at 1.1Ghz instead of 2.2Ghz, whats wrong??:D

Cragllo,Just some suggestions re:A 2.2 GHz running at 1.1 Ghz ?If this is something new (ie. it ran at 2.2 GHz previously), then the first thing you want to check is system resources (ie. too many programs loaded & running in background), Second, do a complete virus, worm checkup on the PC. Third, get a diagnostic program like "Motherboard Monitor" to check the onboard motherboard component s & benchmark them. Fourth, if you are using memory intensive APPs (ie. games-Doom, Quake 3 etc. ) and this is when the CPU slows down, then you may need a new game controller card with a faster onboard processor & bigger memory. Lastly, as there are many other hardware related problems that could cause this, drop me a line with more details & I'll see what I can do. I've repaired lots of PC's.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

well depends, if u play alot of games and wnna future proof ur pc i'd shell out a few more euros and get a x800 pro, but if u only use it for desktop programs then what u have chosen is fine, on the other hand if u dont mind upgrading in a year and a half then keep that card and get a better one later on when u have the moneys :P:D

80 GB of harddisk, I would say, is not really enough for the modern days. I have a Hitachi 80GB plus a WD 160GB, a total of 240GB but still find it not enough. I have to burn every day in order to get rid of all the files in them. 80GB harddisk is not the best option on the market. I think 160GB will be the best buy now. I also notice that you are putting 2 pieces of RAM of different clocks together. This will reduce the speed of the higher, not a very good thing to do?

80 GB of harddisk, I would say, is not really enough for the modern days. I have a Hitachi 80GB plus a WD 160GB, a total of 240GB but still find it not enough. I have to burn every day in order to get rid of all the files in them. 80GB harddisk is not the best option on the market. I think 160GB will be the best buy now. I also notice that you are putting 2 pieces of RAM of different clocks together. This will reduce the speed of the higher, not a very good thing to do?

44673[/snapback]

same thing with me :P

i have 300GB of space..and still it's not enough...

@ auhor of the thread

you should buy a better graphics card,and a larger disk...

btw

i'm gonna buy the same MBO soon....:D

Thanks for the replys everyone!alperuzi: It looks expensive because you can get the same model but with a 754 socket for 2/3 of the price ;DT100: I really only need 80 GB, I'm now using 40 GB and that's no problem :PA 9800 Pro costs a nice 230 euro, so I don't think I'll buy it... for now.I'll save up for it after I bought this one, heh.