xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

The Philadelphia Phillies Are World Series Champions

After 15 years of being in a World Series the Philadelphia Phillies have one their second World Series Champion in their history. They are also the first time with 10,000+ losses to do this as well so they have set some interesting milestones along with with hectic weather that has plague this World Series as well. So a shout out of congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies for winning the World Series and so let the streets of the city of Brotherly Love celebrate.

Pretty depressed to see the Phillies win. I was really hoping that the Rays would be able to make an amazing comeback and win the series. But, oh well. The Rays are young and they should be looking at another good season next year :)

I wish that the Rays won. It would have made a picture perfect year for them to come up from last place with a new name and stuff like that, and win the World Series. I didn't know that the last batter for the Rays (Eric Hinske) was traded (or picked up by) to the Rays until that inning. He used to be with the Red SOx, and I think he was one of the most underrated players on there.The Phillies are the only team I believe, who have even lost 10,000 games, so they would be the first to win the World Series with 10,000 loses.

I've been thinking about this resurgence of my Phillies fandom... I haven't really been all that interested since Mike Schmidt left the team and Pete Rose went to jail. But with guys like Chase Utley, Cole Hamels and Brad Lidge on such a tight-knit, professional and outstanding team, I think I can safely say my faith in the Phillies is restored. And how can you not love the Phanatic?

Posted Image

As for the Rays, they are a young team that came from behind to make it to the World Series, and I'm sure they can do it again. Philadelphia fans have been hanging on for 28 years. Tampa Bay can last at least one more.

Well as a Met's fan I was sad seeing the Phillys win, but I am happy that the National League pulled it off. Only thing I was not happy with was the rain. Both clubs knew that they weather was going to get nasty that nite. why they played is beyond me. Money I guess, but was foolish. Why take a chance of someone getting hurt. I just hope that next season things will be better. Maybe more double headers, so the season will not last until the end of oct when the weather starts getting cold wet and maybe snowy. Lets go Mets in 2009

Well as a Met's fan I was sad seeing the Phillys win, but I am happy that the National League pulled it off. Only thing I was not happy with was the rain. Both clubs knew that they weather was going to get nasty that nite. why they played is beyond me. Money I guess, but was foolish. Why take a chance of someone getting hurt.

I just hope that next season things will be better. Maybe more double headers, so the season will not last until the end of oct when the weather starts getting cold wet and maybe snowy.

Lets go Mets in 2009

So with you on that! But you never know next year. New stadium and possibly new manager (I don't know if they formally hired Willie's replacement)=new start. Not to curse them, but we could see a 100+ win season coming up! I can't wait to see the new ticket prices :lol:

How good were they! I was watching them on Fox Sports last week and the crowd there looked amazing. Felt for Aussie Grant Balfour for TB but never the less the Phillies definitely deserved their series win.And the celebrations after it were great to watch.