xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
A200

If We Have Negative Hosting Credits, Are They Pushed Over To The New Mycent System?

HelloI have signed up for the MyCent new system, and I was wondering if my negative balance here is transferred?When I signed up, I was like 23 credits in the red! I made a good post and that dropped to 13 or so, and today, checking Xisto - Web Hosting, my negative credits have not been moved over :) so am I therefore on a new, fresh slate, or has the whole thing not worked (aka my forum account not linked to the Xisto - Web Hosting one?). I notice my balance is 700 mycents, is that from the big post I made or is that what they give everyone for switching over...?If you could answer my Q's, that would be greatly appreciated :PA200

I dont think they are switched over, although i dont know 100% i think that the money you earn in the Xisto balance is untouchable, EG its yours and can only be spent on xisto stuff, it cant be decreased or withdrawn. I think any penalty on the forums (eg if you spammed) would be taken out of your MyCent balance on the forums and your Xisto balance would remain the same.Also the system only updates when MyCent is above 100 so presumably it wont update if your account is in the negative as that isnt 100 (i would also assume that even -100 doesnt count and so wont be updated into xisto) As of now your MyCent is 68.05 that doesnt mean $68.05 even though it looks that way it actually means $0.68.05 (68 cents and 0.5 of a cent) so that wil get updated when it reaches 100.00 or more.As long as you used the same email address at xisto as your forum email address then your accounts would have been linked within 4-5 hours after registering.

I notice my balance is 700 mycents, is that from the big post I made or is that what they give everyone for switching over...?

Your account balance 700 myCents equalts to $7. This is the amount you got from all your previous posts (yes, the amount calculated from all your 220+ posts upto now), not for your one big post. And the amount in your Xisto balance will only increase as you post more, it will never decrease like hosting credits. It will decrease only when you spend them at Xisto - Web Hosting. And about the negative credits, I don't know about that, but may be shadowx is correct. Edited by xpress (see edit history)

Your account balance 700 myCents equalts to $7. This is the amount you got from all your previous posts (yes, the amount calculated from all your 220+ posts upto now), not for your one big post. And the amount in your Xisto balance will only increase as you post more, it will never decrease like hosting credits. It will decrease only when you spend them at Xisto - Web Hosting. And about the negative credits, I don't know about that, but may be shadowx is correct.

If it counts all the credits he ever made (all 220+ posts) like you said, those credits would be enough that those negative wouldn't make much of a impact on how much he gets to his Xisto - Support account.

Don't worry A200 if you have a myCent next to your name (which you do) your xisto account and your Xisto are connected.
Edited by Running With Scissors (see edit history)

If it counts all the credits he ever made (all 220+ posts) like you said, those credits would be enough that those negative wouldn't make much of a impact on how much he gets to his Xisto - Support account.

No, It doesn't count credits. It counts all his previous posts, and those 700 myCents he got was awarded as per the quality of those posts (yes, number of posts is not important, only quality is important)....please check my post carefully. There'll be no more credits in future..... Edited by xpress (see edit history)

HelloI have signed up for the MyCent new system, and I was wondering if my negative balance here is transferred?

When I signed up, I was like 23 credits in the red! I made a good post and that dropped to 13 or so, and today, checking Xisto - Web Hosting, my negative credits have not been moved over :) so am I therefore on a new, fresh slate, or has the whole thing not worked (aka my forum account not linked to the Xisto - Web Hosting one?). I notice my balance is 700 mycents, is that from the big post I made or is that what they give everyone for switching over...?

If you could answer my Q's, that would be greatly appreciated :P

A200

Like it was mentioned in the posts above me once you sign up to the new billing system and transfer your hosting account the any hosting hosting credits, positive or negative will not matter. Since the new systems counts your posts and the contact in your posts it will give you a new amount to work with in setting up your hosting account on the new system.

I dont think they are switched over, although i dont know 100% i think that the money you earn in the Xisto balance is untouchable, EG its yours and can only be spent on xisto stuff, it cant be decreased or withdrawn. I think any penalty on the forums (eg if you spammed) would be taken out of your MyCent balance on the forums and your Xisto balance would remain the same.
Also the system only updates when MyCent is above 100 so presumably it wont update if your account is in the negative as that isnt 100 (i would also assume that even -100 doesnt count and so wont be updated into xisto)

As of now your MyCent is 68.05 that doesnt mean $68.05 even though it looks that way it actually means $0.68.05 (68 cents and 0.5 of a cent) so that wil get updated when it reaches 100.00 or more.

As long as you used the same email address at xisto as your forum email address then your accounts would have been linked within 4-5 hours after registering.

I am not even aware myCents will get deducted from you account if your posted was edited or move to spam, I would think so but I am not sure how myCents deducts happen within the forum since it hasn't been discussed outside the staff forum all that much.

Your account balance 700 myCents equalts to $7. This is the amount you got from all your previous posts (yes, the amount calculated from all your 220+ posts upto now), not for your one big post. And the amount in your Xisto balance will only increase as you post more, it will never decrease like hosting credits. It will decrease only when you spend them at Xisto - Web Hosting. And about the negative credits, I don't know about that, but may be shadowx is correct.

Just like I mentioned above myCents could be decreased if your posts was edited or it got sent to the spam forum, but you are correct that members don't lose one credit a day under the old system.

Don't worry A200 if you have a myCent next to your name (which you do) your xisto account and your Xisto are connected.

Correct.

No, It doesn't count credits. It counts all his previous posts, and those 700 myCents he got was awarded as per the quality of those posts (yes, number of posts is not important, only quality is important)....please check my post carefully. There'll be no more credits in future.....

Well if you signed up to the new system you do get a kick back of some sorts but it sure isn't a post count or everyone would have gotten short changed when they transferred to the new system. Odd's are that it was a combination of both since people like me I would have like $69 to my name, but I know I have more then that in my account.

HMmmm....I think that the points added up all of your points, not your credits...... I suspect that it happened to me. Maybe that is how the transfer works?