xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Echo_of_thunder

Snow earliest in 15 yrs

I know this is gonna sound as a spam, just had to shout it out.Today here in New Jersey we had snow! earliest snow fall in 15 yrs they are saying. hearing that made me think and wonder. With as many people as Xisto has. how many of you can remember or know of the 1st time you can remember snow? I know some of you may live in a place that may never see any. but a lot do.

We had snow today in Michigan as well. Not a lot, but is extra cold. Brrrrr Wish winter would hold off a little longer. We don't got south until January. :)

I live in Pennsylvania so I get a good bit of snow but not too much because I live in the southern half of Pennsylvania. I heard somewhere that it was snowing in the northern half of Pennsylvania today which is the same system that would have brought you snow Echo of thunder. And to answer your question no I don't remember the first time I saw snow because I was probably to little to remember.

I have never played in snow before..... I live in Arizona and where I live, I don't get snow...... T.T I get the shiny smiling sun~!!! =)

Wow!! I am up north in the same storm system and we haven't got any snow yet, but of course wet snow is never good especially when it gets nice and cold out to. Still it should be a interesting winter since we had a ton of snow last year, heck we had to pay a guy $20 to plow a ton of snow covered water because of how much their was :).

The first time I've saw snow was when I was one or two years old :) But there wasn't really that much though, a millimeter high or so?

Last year, it snowed a lot. Our house door was stuck for a day or two, I had to climb out a window to shovel out the snow. Boy was that a day..

I love snow! Here in the uk (south east to be precise) we only really get snow maybe a few days in the winter and it only really lasts about 2-3 days on the ground. Usually the snow arrives in feburary-march time which is the deepest part of winter into the earliest part of spring, but this year due to artctic winds coming down from the north, scotland (in case you dont know scotland is at the north of the UK) has had snow already and even as far south as london (about 15 miles from where i live) they expected snow this morning at 1am, i dont know if they got any but even a forecast of snow this far south this early on in the year is insane!Last week we had temperatures of around 10-15C this week we are expecting highs of 9C and lows during the day time of 6C nighttime temps are down to -1 or -3C insane for october!But i love it! the cold crispness of the unpolluted Arctic air is brilliant, i also love fishing and i cant wait to get out on the bank or a lake, dead stillness, quietness and peacefulness, nothing like it!as for the first time i remember snow i have no idea, maybe when i was a few years old and we made a snowman (i think theres been snow every year of my life but this is the earliest i can remember). I wish we got more snow here in the UK :P I remember one year it came down so heavy we had about 2 inches in an hour and it triggered a thunder storm! It was great playing in that :)

I'm even further north, I'm in Canada, and we haven't had any snow yet in my area of southern Ontario. A bit of chunky rain, but no snow.I can't really say that I remember the first time I saw snow so I must have been very little but I do remember toboggan rides when I was about 5 or 6 years old. Being in a country where most of the country does get snow every year, it pretty normal for me.

Hmm, I'm in Canada too - Ontario here - and we've had snow in my city already. Though it seemed a bit early, I do recall other times when I'd gone trick-or-treating in the snow. Mind you, I lived a bit more north back then, so that could have been why. It was probably about three of four days ago that it snowed here though. Some places nearby got snow yesterday too, but it never came to my city lol...Anyway, I don't recall the first time I saw snow. I'm guessing I was very young, seeing as it has snowed here every year for my entire life. I do remember playing in the snow a lot more while I was growing up though. Now I just think that it's too cold and should go away. If it wasn't so wet and cold, I wouldn't mind it so much :) My sister still goes out and makes a snowman in our driveway most years though, so maybe I'll help her out one of these times. The most fun I usually get from snow now a days is shoveling it :P

We have had snow for quite a long time now, though it is not a lot of snow... just a thin layer. I wish we had more. When I was younger snow came in late November and lasted until Mars - and at that time we had a lot of snow. I absolutely love snow I really wish we get a lot of snow this year, but I really doubt snow. We are getting less and less snow. Also snow = skiing, but the conditions on the mountains are actually better for that then they used to be... (I have learned about that at school, hah.) I feel like we are getting snow earlier and earlier, and that we are getting less and less... agrh.

I dont see how that is spam as you're not trying to sell or advertise anything, just making a passing comment. In UK we used to have pretty much guaranteed snow every year (in the South this is) and the's a big lake in my hometown that would freeze over hard enough for people to drive cars on in the winter. The wierd thing is, none of that had happened for about 15 years. Barely any snow only a centemetre or so and the lake never freezes hard enough to even walk on. Thats a shame because I used to enjoy skating on such a big surface. It was awesome because it was like something extra to do when you got bored.Maybe global warming really is happening, but some areas of the world are colder than ever so I dont know what to make of it. It doesnt make sense to blame record cold spells on global warming. "The coldest decade ever on record - this is due to global warming." - wtf? Actually I think something really is happening. Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa - a 5000 metre mountain - has no snow on top any more. This is unheard of. That's like what it is. There's nothing crazy enough to compare it to. When I saw those photos I thought - maybe global warming is true after all.

I know this is gonna sound as a spam, just had to shout it out.
Today here in New Jersey we had snow! earliest snow fall in 15 yrs they are saying. hearing that made me think and wonder. With as many people as Xisto has. how many of you can remember or know of the 1st time you can remember snow? I know some of you may live in a place that may never see any. but a lot do.

I WANT SNOW!!! :P

Where I live it's been getting pretty damn cold, but we haven't seen any participation whatsoever. The worst part is that tomorrow is going to be 60 for Halloween :P
As for when I've first seen snow.... hmmm....

I think maybe at like 5 or 6 I remember going to the park with my parents and sledding on the big hills. Those were some good times :)
I'm pretty sure that is the earliest that I can remember snowing.

It is snowing here too in the UK.In the UK they say all the snow is coming from Russia :DMonday & Tuesday we had off as the school was shut!Lets pray it snows some more XD LOL!

They say it probably will not snow anymore. Near enough all of the snow in the UK has been melted (Thank god because I slipped on the road this morning getting in my Taxi to go to College). I tell you it was so embarrassing.