xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
HappyHippie

I Hear Wedding Bells My first child just got engaged.

A little bit about myself I am a single mother of 4 kids from 2 marriages my oldest daughter is 18 she will be 19 in december and she just announced that she is engaged to her boyfriend. His name is Mitch he is 24. She has not been dating him very long just a few months. I have very mixed feelings it is hard when your first born announces she is getting married. Anyway Mitch is very nice I do like him alot. He makes her very happy and he has a good job which is a plus. The most important thing to me is that she is HAPPY which she is. They live with me right now. He works all week long out of town but is home from Thursday evening until Sunday night. They are looking for a house. He has a 7 month old son who I just adore. The reason I guess I have mixed feelings is because she is my first child to be leaving. Is this normal? Because as I said before he is a great guy and I couldnt ask for anything better. Her happiness is what i think is most important. The only other thing that I think that could be causeing me to have mixed feelings is because she is so young, But of course so was I when I first married. Other then my concerns I am very happy and very excited for her. They want to have the wedding here in the backyard so I am so excited and cant wait till its over all at the same time.. lol Its gonna be alot of work for me but gonna be worth all the trouble im sure. She wants me to make her wedding dress so if anyone has any ideas where I can find some online patterns for wedding dresses please let me know it will be greatly appreciated.

It's always hard for the mother to see her child be wed, and possibly leaving for a new adventure. From what it seems, Mitch seems like a good, hard working fellow, and is happy to marry your daughter. I suggest you sit down with both of them when you're all free, and talk about it if you're worried over it.

Also, for a wedding dress, try looking at this video for ideas?
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Maybe it'll give you some ideas. :)

It's always hard for the mother to see her child be wed, and possibly leaving for a new adventure. From what it seems, Mitch seems like a good, hard working fellow, and is happy to marry your daughter. I suggest you sit down with both of them when you're all free, and talk about it if you're worried over it.
Also, for a wedding dress, try looking at this video for ideas?
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Maybe it'll give you some ideas. :)

Thank you very much Jelly I will definately check out that link. And yes Mitch really is a good guy. I am very happy she found someone like him. And I think my worries are more just being a mother I knew it would happen someday, I just hope it gets easier I have 3 more kids that will hopefully find someone to make them as happy. Anyway Thank You again for your reply and the link it is very much appreciated.

It's always hard to see your children grow up and you want them to stay your little baby forever so it is natural to not like the fact that she is getting married because it shows she is growing up. You seem to really like this guy Mitch so I'm sure she'll be fine and have a good life with him. You said he makes her happy and has a good job what more could you ask for? You need to let her live her life. Her wanting to be married in the back yard is good for you because it shows she likes her home and probably mean that she won't want to move far away after they buy a house on there own. As you the wedding dress design I found these sites off of google http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and https://www.denverfabrics.com/pages/static/ss-patterns.htm

I would say that it is normal to have mix feelings since it is your first born, but what counts is that they are happy and that your happy for them. Of course, I wouldn't doubt you be a nervous wreck the week of the wedding and the day of as well, but either way just give it some time and those mixed feelings will go away and be filled with joy and happiness.

Wow! Congratulations to your daughter, and to you!I love weddings they are so much fun! So long as your daughter is happy Im sure it will be fine. If your still feeling a little worried sit her down and have a chat with her. Im not too sure where any wedding dress designs would be, perhaps search for some on Google that are in your area?Congratulations once again :)