xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
scaifea

Do You Need Search Engine Optimisation Try this simple test to find out

Still not sure whether or not search engine optimisation is for you? If you haven't already then take this simple test:

Think of 3-4 search terms that a potential customer might use to find your company, product or service.

Open any search engine(i.e. Google, Yahoo etc)

Type one of the search terms you just thought of

Where is your web site in the results?

If you appear in the first 2 pages (or 20 results) for each search term then you have a well optimised site, if you don't see your results then chances are your seeing your competitors, and so will your potential customers!

This very simple test soon shows you if you need SEO or not. If you do, search now for free seo advice on the web - you need it :-)

I know Google does this, not sure about the others. When you are creating your website, if you put a lot of keywords in that are just simple variations on a single word (e.g. host, hosting, hosts, server, servers, etc.), Google will push your site down. If it is REALLY bad, Google might remove your site from its results.

Actually this doesn't tell you much of anything. You could be SEOed to the max, but it takes time for search engines to add you to results. Also lets say you run a highly SEOed website about Google. It will be almost impossible for you to be in the top 2 pages (or let alone the top 200) even if you are fully SEOed. And the converse applies, you could have a website entitled "guiduasgi home page" and everybody could find you for the search of "guiduasgi" even though you aren't SEOed.

i think, being listed and good Ranking or No, SEO is important, Because Most people do a search and any Website owner have to Work on tha side in order to get traffic and get listed in most search engines.

With the web expanding in the way that it is, I think it will become very hard to be on the top 2 pages of google. Well, not if you get free SEO advice. You would need a complete professional to completely SEO your site for you to even stand a chance. And as it is mentioned, even then it may take a while for a search engine to add you.