xisto Community
EdgabtheGreat

Whats Your Best Old Game Where can we get them now?

I remember playing Kings Quest III as a kid and it was awesome, it used to keep me busy for hours typing things in eg: get cup :) I think that Sierra had some awesome games out at that time like Space Quest and Police Quest (I didn't enjoy PQ as mich as the other quests though).Another really cool game was Goblins and then later The bazaar Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble (Maybe one of my Favorites)It's one of those point and click puzzle games that can keep you busy for weeks and even months, this must be the strangest game that I have ever come across. The creator has a really wild imagination.I'm not sure where to get these now but if anyone can point me in the right direction :P

I have distinct memory of playing a lot of classic games. Some include space frogs (I hated it so much ._.), Donkey kong country games, and the classic Marios.I also remember playing Kings Quest aswell, I loved it so :) Try going to a gamestop or video game store and look for a classic games bin, you'll be sure to find some old games there.

What do you mean by "old" game? I have this fun fun fun debate with people all the time, about games having a life cycle of:Conceived - WIP (anticipated)Born - Just released (make or break)Childhood - Initial few weeks/months, if a game's still selling well after this point then it's doing well!Adulthood - Seen the best of its days, at least for a good while. Probably sitting on quite a few shelves, but unlikely to be played much more. Outclassed by "younger" games.Old age - The stuff of memories, where games go from "dated" to "retro".Varies from game to game and genre to genre (not to mention that some games miss out a stage or two, and the pace varies with the development rate of new games), but I like to think if it can be called "retro" and not too many would argue it qualifies as old. :)

My favorite old classic retro game was the original old black and white Asteroids game.I could play it all day for the same quarter lol.Even space invaders, or a few other very old classics could keep my attention for long periods of time. lolBut I was around when the first Pong system hit the market as well. lolNow my favorite old game that Im currently playing is counter strike 1.6, and I play on "gungame" servers most of the time, and I just reinstalled battlefield Vietnam last night for the kicks lol.Maybe Far Cry will get revisited soon too, I found that disc in my archives last night as well.

I remember playing games when I was younger (long time ago) I had alot of favorites. Some were Pacman, Qbert, Mr. Do, Ladybug, Lock and Chase, One of the first if not the first Dungeons and Dragons for Intelivision I believe it was. Anyway I miss those old games, All the new systems take so long to load new scenes or new parts of the games its ridiculious. I have never played Kings Quest, Sounds fun. I now love role playing games they are my favorite. I mostly play PC Games now.

My favorite classic games are Super Mario Bros 1 and 3, the MegaMan games and Legend of Zelda. They never get old, and even now they're still going strong in their newer iterations, although they're all mostly easier. I have fond memories of playing Zelda when I was 4. It was hard and scary, it took me quite a few years to get to the last level, and I just beat it within the last five years. That's a true classic.