xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
joeblogg

Shoot The Gold Ipod!

yay. you can win a free ipod by shooting the gold ipod! its so easy to shoot you'd think everyone would get free ipods right. well obviously not because its a scam. you have to put in your phone number and then they send you text messages and charge it to your phone bill becuase they pay the service provider. they work together. its just one big scam. don't do it. i think its fun to shoot the ipod but i don't put in my phone number.

I tend not to click on ads unless the content advertised interests me. Or somehow the flash compels me (for example one of the Scion ads did this).

Although sometimes I muck around on flash ads for fun - e.g. not shooting the gold iPod (which is pretty boring, because there's not many iPods to be shot), or getting one less than the required basketballs in the hoop.

I recall some shoot the goose ones or use a slingshot to hit George Bush, those were fun to play around in.

Haha, I remember that one.
Anyway back on topic, yes these are fake. I tend to play these games that come up on the side but never enter my telephone number for anything.

The would use your telephone number to get survey companies to contact your home and make you complete surveys and keep phoning you once every often. So my advise never click on these sort of adverts that look interesting but just scam you in the process.

I really hate any of those type ads, the 'shoot the gold ipod/iphone', the thing is they're not just on one or two sites. There's on pretty much every site. I have to admit, I turn on the pop-upblocker and shoot to my hearts content.

You know what else really sucks? The ads with sound. The last thing I need to hear at two in the morning is "Congratulations! You've won a free Nintendo Wii! Now that I'm finished scaring the heck out of you, please click here so you can be bombarded with offers!"

^I totally agree on that hahaYou know what I think would make a great idea for a website? Someplace where it takes all these game ads where you have to shoot or hit or toss or whatever except they're not ads and when you click them they don't open up some spam offer, you just get to play then for fun.... Hey, shooting the ducks can get pretty interesting. :lol:

It is not a scam. First in the to-do list, always read the fine print on the bottom. That is what you need to really see instead of the attractive get-this-*insert an Apple product*-free! If you do not read everything shown on the site, that is you cheating yourself for "believing" such advertising. :lol: