xisto Community
Binod Singh

Microsoft Vs. Others Microsoft vs. others

I don't know why microsoft always try to dominate in the software field. The JAVA which has gave us the concept of pure object-oriented technology and platform independency, I think microsoft has utilised the same concept in developing their new language C# by introducing Common Language Runtime (CLR). Not only in programming languages, but also in the field of media players, microsoft has copied some of the features of real player, winamp and others and has launched a new version of windows media player.

First of all, I have no idea what your point was, or if you had any. Perhaps your post was just mindless spam.Anyway I just wanted to point out that the .NET is actually very different from Java:Java is one language that runs on many platforms..NET is many languages that run on one platform.

I wanted to know about the differences between C# and JAVA, will C# can be used in place of JAVA, which one will be more popular.

In my knoledge Microsoft launched Visual Studio with VJ++, the core JAVA along with added feature was introduced and the IDE along with other features similar to that is being used in .NET platform. Now the VJ++ has been gone from there new VS.NET.

I am talkiing about the C# specifically not about all other packeges which is being used in .NET platform. I am talking about CLR for C#(or .NET) and JVM.

C# borrows the best from Java and improvements have been added, just like Java improved upon previous languages.

Further suggestion are invited.

First of all, I have no idea what your point was, or if you had any. Perhaps your post was just mindless spam.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that the .NET is actually very different from Java:

Java is one language that runs on many platforms.

.NET is many languages that run on one platform.

42954[/snapback]

It happens in software all the time. I do some programming - and confess that many times I have seen 'features' in other programs and then copied the idea and used them in mine. Not directly - and often I will try to enhance some of those features and my progs have even got features in that I thought up myself of course. And maybe some have copied my 'features'.There are only so many original ideas - and to be honest Microsoft are good at copying others no doubt. But they have had a few original ideas of their own! Dunno if the office Assistant was one of theirs - but if it was they should have binned it straightaway!

what people don't realize about microsoft is that they are not JUST software/hardware developers. They have made a company that is very good at business AND software development. Although there are many companies out there that produce better products than Microsoft, they are not nearly as "smart" in the business sense. That's why Microsoft grew the way it did compared to other software companies.Basically, Microsoft wants to get their name in front of your eyes no matter what you do on your computer. That's called branding and it has worked for them. Who in the world doesn't know the brand Microsoft? That's why they stick their thumb in every pie.

Microsoft's Visual C++, Visual BASIC and all their visual stuff are all event-driven programming. The goal of Microsoft is to ease the programming process by making it like Flash. The catch is that the software that you're making must be built for WINDOWS. This is how their sucking money off you by gaining more programs so others migrate to WINDOWS. Also, Visual BASIC and Visual C++ aren't cheap to buy too! They cost from CAD$200 - CAD$300! (If you need USD, please use this link. Click here)

xboxrulz

Take this.C# is Almost a Copy of JAVA.But the Point is Microsoft Developed it similar to java just to avoid or reduce the learning curve.A Framework is not Identified by the languages it supports.C# is just an interface I guess.The Actual Coding Language is IL.CLR is Very diferent from Java.The majou Diff. I can think of right now is Just In Time Compilation. lol. There are many other.I mean there's hardly any comparison.Why Compre things. U can't use Java where .NET is required and u can't .NET where Java is required.Say for a field which Includes Intense Mathematical Computation... Java will be a foolish choice. As it interprets things.So performing Floating Point operations will take a long time.On the other hand... For Embeded systems Java is a good choice.So comparison is useless.What matters is Business and Clients - and Requirements

Hello to all,

Im new in .NET But wants details in that if any ppl help then it will be good for me. Actually, I want to made a web site in ASP.Net but not able to do so. Thus wantz help from yourz site...

Help me plzzzzzzzzzz :P

Why are you copying other posts for taking credit and from the same topic itself.
This is really bad.

Microsoft's Visual C++, Visual BASIC and all their visual stuff are all event-driven programming. The goal of Microsoft is to ease the programming process by making it like Flash. The catch is that the software that you're making must be built for WINDOWS. This is how their sucking money off you by gaining more programs so others migrate to WINDOWS. Also, Visual BASIC and Visual C++ aren't cheap to buy too! They cost from CAD$200 - CAD$300! (If you need USD, please use this link. Click here)

Looks like this discussion is a real discussion (because we are discussing)...

I rode some time in Google News, or the radio, or TV, or any where else, that Microsoft doesn't like to take the risk in innovation... You know, Apple has a lot of sales with iPod, Microsoft creates the Zune. And I think this applies to this topic. Some times they try to make it better, some times not.

So... I think Microsoft is well known, but also other companies are better (like Apple) in some things.