xisto Community
Saint_Michael

2009 Trap17 Awards - General Topic

Welcome Trappers to another great year of posting and of course the Xisto awards, in which members are recognize for his or her participation in the Xisto community both in and out of the Xisto forums. This topic will be used for general information, updates and various other things as I finish up the new website with a new look and its own top level domain. As we all remember last year we had some big names and big winners and of course the prize pool of hosting credits for the winners. So now that we are under the new system at this time I am not sure if awards will be giving, I'll be talking with the admin about that in the coming weeks.

Website

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - Official Xisto Awards website.

Past Winners

2005-2006 Xisto Award Winners

2006-2007 Xisto Award Winners

2007-2008 Xisto Award Winners

Nomination Rules

-As usual you can nominate yourself, but don't try to nominate yourself in categories your can't be in such as Moderator of the Year or in some cases forums you have not posted in.

-You can nominate as many people as you want that you feel deserve to be in that category based on where you see he or she posting a lot in, since posts are a big factor in how a person gets nominated in.

-As usual no spam or being off topic in any of the 2009 Xisto Award Topics in the forum.

-When it comes time to nominating people you will use quote tags to list the names of the people your nominate by category

-No Complaining if you haven't got nominated or you didn't get enough nominations, or someone has got too many nominations. Treat this like any other awards competition.

-One Post per nomination, but if you like to add more people to the list make sure to use the edit button.

Nomination Dates

If all goes well November 8th, 2009 people can begin submitting their nominations for their awards in which everyone will have 3 weeks to submit their lists. Then in December 1st the voting will begin in which all members can vote for their favorite members who have the most nominations. Then the first week of January the winners will be announced and will be giving a Xisto award banner and possibly a Mycent reward. So now for the award categories

Awards

Right now I am using the list from last year, but if members have new categories based on the forums or they want to change the name of any on the current list the deadline is November 8th, the day the nominations go up and so look below at the current list of categories and think about any changes you want to make or that you think the list is perfect the way it is.

Trapper of the Year-

This award goes to the member who has gone beyond the standards of a normal member. This includes quality posting, helping out others, reporting spam, and anything we can't think of.

Most Valuable Poster-

This award goes to the person or persons whose post are quality, spam free, and are interesting for other members to read and post about.

Moderator of the Year-

This award goes to the moderator who has does outstanding work for its members both new and old, providing the best support making sure Xisto remains a quality website to come to.

Most Helpful Member-

Well this awards says it all as this award goes to the person or personswho goes beyond the normal standards of a regular member. They help out anyone who asks, provides the best support for various problems, or even lending out a few hosting credits to those in need.

Most Improve Member of the Year-

This award goes to the person or persons who started out on shaking grounds as a member and through series of warnings and or suspensions and in the course of the year become a saint in the forums.

GFXtrap GFX Elite-

This award goes to the person or persons with outstanding graphics ability, providing resources for other members, and general graphics support to others that are starting out.

7Gears Gamer of the Year-

This award goes to the person or persons who spends most of their posting days in the gaming forums talking nothing but games and gaming news.

1337 Programmer-

This award goes to the person or persons who provides outstanding coding support to various members, design scripts for others and going one step further in the daily programming needs.

Comedian of the Year-

Lets just say the person who wins this should have their own special on Comedy Central. This award goes to the person who is just crazy in the forums and in the shoutbox.

Shoutboxer of the Year-

This award goes to the person or persons who do nothing but shout all day and maybe post once or twice a month.

Lives at Xisto-

This award goes to the person or persons who basically never leave trap and does pretty much everything to make trap a better place to be.

Most Reported Posts-

This category is for the staff of Xisto to pick a person or persons who they see the most when reviewing topics that have been reported during the year.

Tech Geek-

This award goes to the person or persons who doing most of their posting in the technology, internet, and Computer forums.

Welcome Committee-

This award goes to the person or persons who do most of their posting in the Introduction forums and help welcome new members into the Xisto World.

Trap Eye for the Poor Guy-

This award goes to the person or persons who do most of their posting in the freebies section letting people know about free stuff basically.

Crazy Reviewer Person-

This category is a combination of the Trapinion Forums, Giveaway of the Day Forums, Movie Forums, and gaming reviews. This award goes to the person or persons who posts consist of reviews of various kinds that are spread which fall under the forums mentions above.

Dr. Phil Wannabe-

This award goes to the best who gives out the best advice to people who having relationship problems or need a shoulder to cry on.

Most Creative Trapper-

This award goes to the person or persons with great writing skills, and lyrical skills and post up their material for others to enjoy.

Youtube Junkie (New Category)-

This award goes to the person or persons who do nothing but post videos of funny or interesting stuff for others to enjoy.

Person most likely to be Bill Gates Boss-

This award goes to the person or person's who topics and posts are actually smart and well written and also who makes great posts in the My Ideas, Theories, Possibilities, Innovation Forum.

Right now this is the tentative schedule because of the timing of the awards and new credit system being worked on for whats going on with the awards. As always if anyone want to help out such as creating the award banner, keeping track of nominations etc contact me either by pm or IM and if by IM use my msn account or if you have google talk send me your email and we will go from there.

So keep you eyes peeled on this topic in the coming months as I work everything out along with those who want to volunteer his or her time in making these Xisto Award better then ever. As always good luck to the nominations and good luck to those who move on to the voting stage.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

I nominate.........xpress for "Most Helpful Member" for the year of 2008-2009. He has been helping me and many other members with detailed, friendly, AND quality posts~!! He has made me very satisfied with the forum ever since I joined and I think that he should be awarded this award.

edit: Wait, I am supposed to nominate next month. OMG~~!!

Edited by Tran-Gate (see edit history)

Tran-Gate, please read the above post. This topic is not for nominations. Those don't begin until November 8th.

Tran-Gate, please read the above post. This topic is not for nominations. Those don't begin until November 8th.

OMG I just noticed that and I AM GOING TO GET IN TROUBLE~!!! IM SORRY~!!

How about "Best Tutorial of the Year". It would be nice to have. And when I was thinking about myself, how about "The Least Poster of the Year". :) I mean the person who has posted the least number of posts since he joined this forum. Just an idea. Its interesting to see so many categories.

^ Unfortunately I doubt such a category would be possible ("The Least Poster of the Year") as there are many people who join the forum, writes an introduction post and then disappears.

I guess I have to start campaigning again because SM refuses to update my awards from last year to with my new name. *Alex starts making posters*Also, I think we need "Amazing - Dashing - Sexy Trapper of Year", OpaQue won that last year but it wasn't official.

Did you guys get credits last year if you won? I think there should be a New Person of the Year Award(because that would be the only thing I would have the slightest chance at being nominated in lol). The New Person of the Year Award would go to the best member that joined that year.

Did you guys get credits last year if you won?

Yes last year credits were awarded if you won. We'll have to see if OpaQue adds the ability to award myCents to other members.

If all goes well November 8th, 2009 people can begin submitting their nominations for their awards in which everyone will have 3 weeks to submit their lists. Then in December 1st the voting will begin in which all members can vote for their favorite members who have the most nominations. Then the first week of January the winners will be announced and will be giving a Xisto award banner and possibly a Mycent reward. So now for the award categories

Wow - preparations are starting early this year :P

:)

Marked as funny.You guys make me laugh-what a community!

Marked as Spam! What's funny about that???

:) j/k

Wow - preparations are starting early this year :)
:P

Well, not really last years was late do to complications from the last person who manage the Xisto awards, but of course its funny how everyone reads what is important and then posts :P.

Marked as funny.You guys make me laugh-what a community!

Marked as Spam! What's funny about that???;) j/k

Spamming already, tisk tisk.