xisto Community
shadowx

Sawv Sig :d What Do You Think?

Ok girls and boys!

Ive just been to see saw five :P;):):P:o

and before i went, because im such a fan (Its GENIUS! and John is the GOOD guy! he never killed anyone, they killed themselves!) i made the sig thats in my forum sig right now!

Perma link to my sig image:

Posted Image

It started off with this one: (notice there are no scanlines in the border?)

Posted Image

I then added the scanlines as in he first image

And then in this last image i added some surgical tools (they are in the other two as well but hidden behind other layers, so i brought them forward...)

Posted Image

Now im no graphic artist! in fact this is my best graphical work and i really like it! I really like the images i used, i had to increase the contrast on hte background layer(s) so that the contrast between the central panel and the background is better. And i like that! I also LOVE the text which is home grown using a tut on how to make golden text and then a shift effect (in gimp) to give the distorted effect as in the Saw 5 trailers (slightly anyway)

the only thing is, it needs MORE! to fill that huge space in the panel above-right of the "shadowx @ t17" text. What i really want is

"I want to play a game...

Do you trust me?"

Im not sure of the font etc... to use though! If anyone has any suggestions feel free to just copy my sig image and work on that or give me a few hints about what to do next :P

Also can anyone tell me how to use the show.hide tags? I want to hide the coding group names to make my sig less bulky but ive never got on with the show/hide stuff!

Any criticism welcome :P

Yeh the text is a bit unclear, but i dont know how to solve that... i was going to overlay the text in a darker colour over the top of the distorted bump map but i couldnt remember what font i used :)the text says "SHADOWX @ T17" Its meant to be distorted but i think its a bit too far... no doubt ill fiddle with it tomorrow anyway (its 1:24am now! )

Come on, John is the good guy?! You must be kidding, or you are very funny, but obviously, you have the right to express your opinion and you have also the right to have an opinion, but i totaly disagree.John kills, and he kills slowly, you are seeing too many movies, and you are way influenced by movies, especially this saw movie series, especially influenced from the BS that john said in Saw V.John, the jigsaw killer, does not kill with his hands, he kills in a way worse then that, he play games, he play mortal games with the victims, and by the way, he has no right to do that, not even if he was God Imself, and by the way, he doesnot give the victims a good chance, plus, in his mortal games, the victims often have choices that go from loosing a leg or die, and that is worse then killing them with his hands or with a weapon.John is the bad guy, big time, the BS that he says in this latest movie can influence people, yes, but not me, i am very smart and intelligent.I like your saw v signature, good work designing it.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

yeah now that saw sig rocks! i love saw and all horror movies and its great to see a sig based on a horror movie for once. well done on creating that sig.9/10

the text is its big let down. very good stuff but i cant seem to look past that. also im not sure about the overlay you seem to have used. i think some good use of scan lines instead could look good. like you have on the border. then use the gray style of overlay you have for the border. really good work though post some more!!

Thanks for the positive comments, i thought it was good but not *that* good! :lol:And as for john being the bad guy... he never killed anyone! They killed themselves, the moment they decided to rape that person, or self harm, or kill his baby. At that moment they killed themselves (except the ones that won of course)! Admittedly his methods arent exactly nice but out of all the characters i wouldnt say he is the worst, Amanda is the worst, she designs games that are unwinnable, she designs the games purely to torture and kill, not to be escapable!But thats another story! And another film! I agree with god-of-earth that the text isnt great, but i cant be bothered to change it right now, maybe in the future!