xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itasor

1and1 and DNS?

I just bought the domain http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ from 1and1.com and i can change the DNS things to ns1.trap17.com and ns2.trap17.com BUTI was using it for a webfoward domain (foward to itasor.trap17.com)When i change the DNS settings there is no way for me to TURN OFF the web foward. I know with a uni.cc domain u have to pick one or the other. With my 1and1 domain. There is no way to turn off web fowarding even though I can sucessfully change the DNS name servers

lol admin u said to post cause people would be more experienced with this.....i guess u were wrong.....sry i just really wanna use my .com domain instead os a sub or uni.ccsry for the double post i didn't wanna add stuff to my help request and make it more complicated

When you modify your DNS settings, in generally takes around 24-48 hours for it to be fully propagated accross the Internet.Give it a day or two after you have changed your DNS settings, and then add your domain as an 'Add-on' or 'Parked' domain.In case you don't know, an 'add-on' domain will allocate a new directory for use with that domain only; a 'parked' domain will use the root of your account.

yeah normally the best thing to do is wait and see what happens. If you cant get it working im sure someone here will help you (who of course is much smarter than me :P) or you could contact 1and1 and they should help you