xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
indianaunlimited

I'm Thinking About Buying A Game For My Son. Help me out

Okay, I'm thinking about buying my son a few games. He is interested in aviation and war games. I found these games but I don't know if they are any good.

FSX (Flight Simulator 10) Plane gameFS9 (Flight Sim 9) Plane game
BF2 (Battlefield 2) War game
COD4 (Call of Duty 4)

If you know of any more. Please tell me.

Thanks.

All four games are good, especially COD4 and so you oculd go either way as to what games you could get for your son to enjoy, what I suggest is you read up on some game reviews to help get a better opinion about the games your thinking about.

COD4 is an EXCELLENT game!The missions are very realistic and include things such as: sneaking into enemy bases with a sniper rifle and silenced pistol, gaining access to the top of a tower block and assassinating an enemy. If you miss you then pursue the enemy shooting guys as you go. Escaping from an enemy base in the back of a ruck being shot at and shooting back. And even taking control of the guns on a plane shooting at enemies with a huge machine gun or shells. The only thing i would say is the game is quite graphic and in more than once scene you are a dying character, slowly dying on the floor, and at one point seeing a close up of an enemy shooting himself in the head. If your son is young (id say below 13/15 years old) you might want to think more before buying this game. It is VERY realistic though and the online play is EXCELLENT! including fishing multiple real enemies in death matches etc... he would love it! (i know i do!)Something to consider is that here in the UK COD5 comes out in just a few weeks, im not sure what country you live in but see if you can find out when that game comes out. apparently you get to drive tanks etc....

Call of Duty 4 is a good game, and I would say buy it, but I do say that Call of Duty 3 is better. Call of Duty 4 has better graphics, but that also means that the blood is a lot more realistic.How old is your son? If he is older than 12 or so, I would say he could handle it. Ignore the M or T ratings, play the game yourself! There are many games that are rated M for one console, and rated T for another, when it's the same game. There are M games such as Call of Duty 4, and 24 The Game which I have played, that don't deserve the M rating that has been put on it. Also games such as Manhunt and Manhunt 2 shouldn't be rated M, they should be rated AO.I would also suggest the Medal of Honor series, and I know that they have an air-based game that your son may like.Also, if you have one in your area, check out the store GameCrazy. They let you try the game before you buy it, so your son could see if he likes it and if it is worth the $50 or however much it costs, and you could see if the game is appropriate for him.

Here's another opinion to bolster your choice for Call of Duty 4. :P The game is quite graphic. It's got great visuals. Being realistic is kind of pushing the term, as you can get shot, hide for a few seconds, then return to the fight with no problems at all. (There is no concept of health, but if you are harmed constantly for too long or take a lethal hit, you will die. However, if you are near-death, resting for a few seconds will return you to "full health.") I would like to say that this game is vastly immersing. The campaign is very short but is chock full of war-themed fun, and with a good speaker system or set of headphones, you'll feel like you're virtually there. (Props to the sound boys that worked on CoD4. :) ) The sounds are realistic and the weapons seem to work as they do in real life. (I recall easily the similarity in sound and operation of the Mk19 grenade launcher you get to play with as the U.S. Marine later in the game.)Battlefield 2 is quite a fun game to play with but also possibly frustrating to play online. There are TONS of things that you can do in-game, like drive any vehicle, fly any plane, and even pilot helicopters, but I can personally say from experience that learning aircraft requires a vast learning curve. The game is more realistic in the fact that no one lasts long if they get shot in the right places, and there is a lot of thinking-on-the-run as online play does not allow you the luxury of time... nor does the ruthlessness of hardcore players. There are two ways to play the game also: as a commander of the team that you're on, or as the foot soldier. Commanders cannot make other players do anything, but they can call in air strikes, artillery, place beacons, and many other things that a soldier cannot. (It's also a responsibility too, especially with communication and intelligence being a huge part of the game.) I would recommend BF2 also, even if you do decide that your son plays on a local server with AI (which, thankfully, BF2 has bots for). It's not as graphic (although rag-doll physics are apparent), but then again, if you're buying war games for your kid, he should probably be of a mature-enough age to distinguish what's right and wrong, real and not. :P

Call of Duty 4 is the BEST FPS game EVER~!! I recommend that you buy it for you son. I am sure he would love it!! Flight Simulator could be boring after a while. It is realistic but you can't crash and blow up..... =( *JUST MAKE SURE THAT IF YOU BUY THE GAME FOR PC, MAKE SURE IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH YOUR COMPUTER*

Hello!Well, flight simulator is the only one I really know for the flight games, but for war games, I have some suggestion:COD4: Yes it is a pretty good game, but I am not sure if it is worth the price, because it is really short. If you really want to enjoy it fully, gotta be for the online mode, because the single player is awesome, but way too short. Otherwise, COD4 worth it for the multiplayer mode the most.Another I would suggest as a war game would be Medal of Honor: Allied Assault or any other type of Medal of Honor games. They are pretty good war games too. Online and offline (single player and multiplayer).Good luck!Tim.

The flight simulator games are quite "good".But not the kind of good that most teenage boys enjoy. It's incredibly detailed and really very sophisticated.But it's not fun.It's like flying a commercial plane. You take off and crash and fly a finicky plane across a fairly realistic globe. But you move slowly and there's nothing fun that happens. It's really boring and slow and not much to do...So unless your son wants to be a professional commercial pilot, don't get him flight simulator. It will bore him to tears and be a wallop from your pocket book.It's too expensive (I've seen it for $70) to be worth risking it.

Call of Duty 4 is one of the best (if not the best) war games you can buy him in my opinion. Its looks good and the single player is amazing. I have never really played any flight simulators because they look really boring and are pricey so instead I play flighter aviation games like Ace Combat 5 and stuff like that which is less real looking but a lot more fun.

call of duty 4 i think is the best plane games are awesome but the campaign of call of duty 4 is sooo good and its soo realistic i think the online play is a little pointless and boring but alot of people like it their are also counter terrorist extra missions on planes and and stuff the best part is like being in Chernobyl it is almost exactly what Chernobyl really looks like i seen pictures.also there's alot of choices you can make like whether or not to let a guy live or to shoot him its pretty awesome.but to recommend a game i have to say warcraft3 its really outdated but its a great game iv been playing none stop since it was made in 2002 its more of a strategy game so let me recommend ace combat 6 its a plane game its really good and i love to play it and you can play online its for Xbox i don't know if it comes for any other console but if he likes realistic planes and stuff this would be it.

Sennaruisi, a collection of wizard magic forest, the tree composition of the troops and lead them to the Burning Legion launched a bold attack on the ground. Mmoinn to you as soon as possible to enhance the role of the strength of it! Here are the cheapest wow gold, you can get five minutes more warcraft gold ,you can quickly find wow power leveling , set in the Arab-night wizard Zi Shala and the Temple of eternal spring, it is necessary to combat the rising.

COD 4 is a must buy! fsx flight simulator 10 is also good. trust me man you HAVE to get COD 4. all of the games you mentioned are good so if you choose any of them it will be a good choice but i'd say COD 4 is the best. its a great game with great graphics (even too good graphics - make sure the computer is resonably fast).good luck hope he likes the games!

Well all the games are pretty good, but I would say definitely Call Of Duty 4 as it is one of the best games out at the moment. Also i would recommend Battlefield 2 but if it was for only one game definitely COD4 by far.room2953 has a good point about you whether or not your son will be a air pilot because really unless he is not that keen on the career he should get the war games as they are way more fun and if i was your son I would love to have Call of Duty!!!