xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TheDisturbedOne

Another Suggestion Domains and hosting

I went on the billing site, to approximate how much much my hosting would cost a year and it came out to $39.71 USD.
The thing that REALLY drove the price up on this was addon domains (I chose to have 5 for $23.80). This was more than hlaf of the yearly cost. Are there plans to keep the prices for the addon domains the same, or if they will be lowered?
Here is my plan right now:

Description PriceLinux Regular Hosting - Logic Plan (ineedtocheckhowmuchthisplancostsandwhattheaddonspricesare.com)
ť DISK SPACE: 1000MB
ť BANDWIDTH (Transfer Limit per Month): 10000MB
ť E-Mail Soln. (Yearly Only): Free Google Mail (10x 7GB Mail) (Domain Required*)
ť Web Builder/ CMS/ Gallery Pre-Setup.: none
ť MySQL Databases: 5 - $5.88 USD
ť SHELL ACCESS: No
ť Addon Domains: 5 - $23.88 USD
ť Parked Domains: 1
ť Dedicated IP: No
ť Subdomains: 5
ť Setup Custom Nameserver: No
ť FTP Accounts: 1
ť JSP - Java Server Pages - Support: No
ť Frontpage Extension: No
$39.71 USD

Addon domains are essentially the same thing as a subdomain.

In the Xisto hosting features you get 9 addon domains and 99 subdomains.

That means they value subdomains as 1/10th as valuable as addon domains.

Subdomains are about 5 cents each (for basic packages), so that puts addon

domains at about 50 cents each. So 5 addon domains are worth $2.50 where

they only cost $1.99 so I think the pricing is equal and fair.

Not really and if you think about it, that is a discount for 5 domans since you be spending $50 if you got them individually. However, after browsing through the packages, you might be better off getting one of the Freedom packages that way you cut your price in half and also get more add-on domains and what not since buying extra's is not on the customize package menu. Think about it like this, the logic plan is pretty much the new free hosting package and so anything you add to it is going to cost you more and if you get a hosting package like the Freedom package.

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

Not really and if you think about it, that is a discount for 5 domans since you be spending $50 if you got them individually. However, after browsing through the packages, you might be better off getting one of the Freedom packages that way you cut your price in half and also get more add-on domains and what not since buying extra's is not on the customize package menu. Think about it like this, the logic plan is pretty much the new free hosting package and so anything you add to it is going to cost you more and if you get a hosting package like the Freedom package.

What your thinking about S_M is actually 5 domains, the 5 addon domains is just the ABILITY to link 5 domains to your hosting account similarly like a subdomain would work, but without having your main domain name there too.

Ooops your right I crossed my wires on that one :), so what IXeta said, either way, the Freedom package or the Unlimited logic package would work for you, but of course your a lot safer with the Freedom package then the Unlimited one since the rules of that package are a lot more stricter. Out of curiosity though why would you want so many add-on domains for, granted you want to .com, .net, .org and .info the same sure I can understand that. However, if they are all different domains it do make much sense, but that is just me though.

I plan on having my plain Xisto.com domain, and them have a .com once I have enough money for that. Then if I'm still good with Space/BW I will but a .net of the same name, so that people won't profit off my work. I will likely have the .net direct straight to the .com, so would it be better for me to do parking? Or should I go to a site like no-ip and redirect it to my .com site from no-ip?