xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
-Sky-

Free Domain Name (260 Credits) What will we do about this?

As we all are aware of the Credit System being removed, how will we get a Free Domain Name? When the Credit system gets removed we won't be able to get a free domain will we? :)-Sky

As we all are aware of the Credit System being removed, how will we get a Free Domain Name? When the Credit system gets removed we won't be able to get a free domain will we? :)
-Sky

You can purchase a domain name with myCent, so technically if you make enough posts on the forum you can get a free domain name, you just needs to order one through Xisto - Web Hosting.

Credits are going away and not coming back, but myCENTs and a system that is essentially connected to Xisto - Web Hosting gives you even more options than the current one. You are not limited by what Xisto offers - instead, you can use the money you earn by hosting to by services offered at Xisto - Web Hosting. And, fortunately, one of them is a domain name :)

~edit~

Ah, beaten to it...

Edited by pyost (see edit history)

With the addition of the new myCENT system, instead of credits, users will be receiving myCENTS. When you create an account on the Xisto Billing Center,

after a few hours your Xisto account and your xisto billing account will be linked. You will receive an initial payment for your previous hosting credits earned

(or so I believe). Instead of free hosting through Xisto, the myCENTS you earn on Xisto will be transferred to your Xisto Billing Account, where you can

buy ANY Xisto package. That means you can purchase a Logic Plan (similar to Xisto's hosting) for 1-5 dollars (100-500 myCENTS). Domain names will be

the same way, domains in the Xisto Billing Center cost 9.99/per yr. That means 999 myCENTS on the Xisto forum.

I was wondering about this too as my dream was to achieve that many credits and use them on a free domain. As the domain on Xisto costs about 9.99$ a year (depending on which one: com/info/net...) I can buy one right now! I absolutely love the new system. Slightly different in the very beginning when I first heard about it, but it is just getting better and better. I believe it is easier to get a domain for free with the new system? Sure seems like that.

Well, it would take a few weeks to get that many credits, but like everyone has mention you can get a free domain through the mycents and so it would be pointless to get the 280 credits needed for the free domain. On top of that hte process for getting a new domain is a bit trickery then it is then the new system and so your better off getting the $10.00 needed for the domain. So to simplify things version 2 of the credit system including all packages such as the free domain are pretty much obsolete and so to get your free domain just go through billing and purchase it from there.

Yeah, I guess. Thanks everyone for replying with help on this. You know I love you all! :) I'll have to save my credits up again then. :P Thanks,-Sky :P

Well... actually.. you could ask people for their credits. Right now the myCENTs have already been transferred over to the new Billing System. So everyone's credits here will be worthless soon except for domains. So maybe some people (*cough* S_M *cough* with his 2900 credits) could spare some of the credits you don't haveto get you a domain before his credits are null in void. Because some people already have a domain, their only allowed to have one and they can't get another, so there really isn't any reason to keep their credits.

This is an interesting idea... i have around 300 credits so can spend 260 and have enough left to keep me going.... Admins: Can you confirm/deny that if i use credits to get a free domain it will/wont be kept active when credits dissappear? (and am i able to register a new domain name when it expires in a year or am i tied to that domain name forever?

I think some of us are missing the whole point of myCENT.We are not going to be referring it to as HOSTING CREDITS when we post and contribute. Instead, you'll be earning myCENT when you contribute to our forum.With $9.99 of your Account Credit Balance, you can purchase a domain name and have it for 1 full year. To make $9.99 Account Credit Balance, you'll need to earn 999 myCENT values. It's that simple. If you were to earn 10 myCENT per posting, about 100 posts should give you 1000 myCENT, right? If you contribute over 100 posts per year you can easily afford a free domain name of your choice. Do not think in terms of hosting credits anymore. The message you see at the forum index page is just the skin and OpaQue has not removed the modification yet. He will do that when he upgrades our forum. Until then you will continute to see it accumulate because it's still encoded with the forum.Think in myCENT terms. :)

This is an interesting idea... i have around 300 credits so can spend 260 and have enough left to keep me going....
Admins: Can you confirm/deny that if i use credits to get a free domain it will/wont be kept active when credits dissappear? (and am i able to register a new domain name when it expires in a year or am i tied to that domain name forever?

OOo, I'd like 260 credits? Please Shadow. :DI could probably request for a domain today if I had the credits, then I'd be OK. :)

It'd be for my Central-Gaming site. :P www[dot]central-gaming[dot]net sounds and seems to suit my site. :P

-Sky

Is the myCENT system harder than the credit system? As in getting domains? points:myCENT . Is it pretty much the same?